[Pokemon B/W] Official Discussion Thread v1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Release Date: March 6th!

Check out Serebii's website to get all the details regarding Pokemon Black/White.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many new Pokemon are there?

There are over 150 new Pokemon in these games.

Click here to see all the new Pokemon!

Keep in mind that only these new Pokemon are available during the main story (before the Elite 4). Afterward, you can find some of the older Pokemon in the wild.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I trade the Pokemon I have in my older games like Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver?

You're NOT able to trade Pokemon between older games and Black/White.

After you've beaten the Elite 4, you ARE able to transfer Pokemon from your older games to Black/White using the PokeTransfer. Keep in mind that you'll need 2 DS systems and that this is a one way process. Once you transfer a Pokemon to Black/White, you won't be able to send them back to an older game.

Remember, this process is NOT like regular trading between games. You can still trade like you normally would between other copies of Black and White.

What are the starter Pokemon?

Grass: Snivy, Servine, Serperior

Fire: Tepig, Pignite, Emboar

Water: Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott

Which version should I get?

Both versions pretty the same with the exception of a small amount of content exclusive to each version.

You should pick based on which exclusive Pokemon and features you like the most.

Version Exclusive Pokemon

Version Exclusive Areas

Black City/White Forest

Interesting Facts:

• There are seasons in these games. These ingame seasons don't correspond to the actual real-life seasons however. Each month of the year is a different season meaning each season will take place 4 times a year.
  • In these games, TM's are unlimited use! That's right, you can finally teach moves like Ice Beam and Earthquake to as many Pokemon as you'd like as many times as you'd like. Unlike HM's, you can still freely replace these moves and you won't need to visit a Move Deleter.
  • Speaking of HM's, even though they still exist in the game, you'll be happy to know that they are not essential for getting through the main story. You will need to use Cut once at the beginning but after that, HM's will only be used to access hidden areas or items. You won't need to access these areas or items to get through the game so you won't be needing an HM slave this time.
  • You can challenge the Elite 4 in any order you wish!
  • There is a new system for earning EXP. In Black/White, the amount of EXP gained is based on your Pokemon's level and the opponent's level. If you defeat a Pokemon that is a lower level, you would gain less EXP than if you used a Pokemon that was a lower level than the opponent. This makes it very easy for your lower level Pokemon to catch up (especially if they were just hatched). You might think this makes it harder to get to level 100 but defeating higher level Pokemon still gives plenty of EXP.
  • If you're still not convinced, you'll be happy to know that you get a FREE Lucky Egg in the game. That's right, at one point, the Professor will give you a Lucky Egg; it's not hidden or anything so you can't miss it. If you didn't know, the Lucky Egg is a hold item that allows you to gain additional EXP. After the Elite 4, there are plenty of wild Pokemon and trainers that are lvl 60+ so training should not be an issue.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:

Which starter Pokemon are YOU choosing?

Snivy - Grass: 49 Votes

Tepig - Fire: 29 Votes

Oshawott - Water: 51 Votes

Not using a starter: 14 votes

What do you think about the English Starter names? (Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott)

Amazing! - 2 Votes

Decent. - 4 Votes

Could've been better. - 18 Votes

Downright Terrible!! - 10 Votes

Is this some kind of joke?! - 19 Votes

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

legendary fighint pokemon? that pretty sick. a legendary grass/steel seems cool. and I guess the dragon/Ice pokeon is the third trio for zerkom and reshiram and a 156 new pokemon? thats more than then gen 1! I hope this is true

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Still no love for Poison types...

Avatar image for XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

@nintendofreak_2

The only poison pokémon I really liked was grimer and muk, they were awesome but otherwise I don't think its a very good type if I'm really honest. Electric and Flying are the best in my opinion, I love them types :D

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nintendofreak_2

@nintendofreak_2

The only poison pokémon I really liked was grimer and muk, they were awesome but otherwise I don't think its a very good type if I'm really honest. Electric and Flying are the best in my opinion, I love them types :D

XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Offensively it's not a good type but it certainly has a lot of perks, like being immune to Poison and Toxic and only 2 weaknesses, both of which are easily covered.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
This got me so damn pumped!!!
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sman3579
This got me so damn pumped!!!
Seiryuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Seiryuu-
Member since 2010 • 1202 Posts
Oooo...I cannot wait to see what they look like now. :P
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

ice dragon is a sick combo. too bad its lengendary though :(

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sman3579
Now we are only lacking a poison legendary.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I can't wait! ; - ;

octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

I'm hoping that overall the new Pokemon aren't stupid. I'll buy it anyways probably. I like the idea of an Ice/Dragon a lot!

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

nintendofreak_2

There was alot of them in Gen 1

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

As a first and second gen only Pokemon fan, that list has no appeal to me at all. Its all so confusing

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
dark/dragon FTW. i can only imagine how epic it'll look like.
Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alex_Thomson
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts

Personally, I think there are a bit too many but I must admit that i'm liking some of the interesting type combinations so hopefully they turn out looking cool as well. Discuss what you think!

moltenix

Wait, you think 156 new Pokemon are too many? The original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow games had 150, it's basically the same amount as those games, how is that too many? :P I'm looking forward to these games a lot, a Dragon/Ice-type Pokemon in particular sounds awesome, and the legendary ones are always cool. Can't wait to hear more about it as the release date nears!

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alex_Thomson

dark/dragon FTW. i can only imagine how epic it'll look like.BrunoBRS

Yeah, that would be awesome. Wait, is that one of the new Pokemon announced? I don't remember seeing that on the list...

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 moltenix

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

Personally, I think there are a bit too many but I must admit that i'm liking some of the interesting type combinations so hopefully they turn out looking cool as well. Discuss what you think!

Alex_Thomson

Wait, you think 156 new Pokemon are too many? The original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow games had 150, it's basically the same amount as those games, how is that too many? :P I'm looking forward to these games a lot, a Dragon/Ice-type Pokemon in particular sounds awesome, and the legendary ones are always cool. Can't wait to hear more about it as the release date nears!

Ahh, I meant to say too many legendaries! :P

If those are all of them, there's 12. There were 14 in DPPt but still... we could do without that many. I suppose it gives them more opportunities to make movies based off of them. :P

As for having 156 new Pokemon, I have absolutely no objections. :D My only complaint is that i'm gonna have one heck of a time picking out who I want on my first playthrough.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Have been out of the Pokemon game for a long time, but as I remember, wasn't the Dragon type weak against Ice? Doesn't this combination take away its weakness, but I guess it could function as an ice type and be weak against fire. It is an opportunity for a nice design, Ice Dragons are always the best looking dragons.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Have been out of the Pokemon game for a long time, but as I remember, wasn't the Dragon type weak against Ice? Doesn't this combination take away its weakness, but I guess it could function as an ice type and be weak against fire. It is an opportunity for a nice design, Ice Dragons are always the best looking dragons. Sepewrath
Yeah Dragon type have always been weak against Ice. But if they have one that is Ice/Dragon type it will definitely be super effective against Dragons because Dragons are only weak against Ice and Dragon types. But it might add the weaknesses of Ice types to it like Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel types.

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Alex_Thomson

[QUOTE="Alex_Thomson"]

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

moltenix

Ahh, I meant to say too many legendaries! :P

If those are all of them, there's 12. There were 14 in DPPt but still... we could do without that many. I suppose it gives them more opportunities to make movies based off of them. :P

As for having 156 new Pokemon, I have absolutely no objections. :D My only complaint is that i'm gonna have one heck of a time picking out who I want on my first playthrough.

Ah, I see. I actually have no problem with 12 legendary Pokemon either. As long as legendary Pokemon are still in the relative minority and rare, then I don't think they are being trivialized by having more than a few of them. And plus, they are almost always guaranteed to look cooler that the other Pokemon, so that's a big argument in their favor :D

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Well maybe the large number of legendary Pokemon is their commitment to the multiplayer aspect. I was reading about it on 1up the other day and online battles and trading and such seems to be a big part of the package this time.(strange you could never play against randoms) Having a wider stock of the legends ensures that your not running into the same ones all the time. Because I remember back in the day, seems like a 100 years ago lol when we used Link cables, everybody had Zapados, Articuno, Moltres and Mewtwo or some combination of that. That won't be the case with so many and all new Pokemon in general.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Have been out of the Pokemon game for a long time, but as I remember, wasn't the Dragon type weak against Ice? Doesn't this combination take away its weakness, but I guess it could function as an ice type and be weak against fire. It is an opportunity for a nice design, Ice Dragons are always the best looking dragons. Nintendo_Ownes7

Yeah Dragon type have always been weak against Ice. But if they have one that is Ice/Dragon type it will definitely be super effective against Dragons because Dragons are only weak against Ice and Dragon types. But it might add the weaknesses of Ice types to it like Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel types.

Yeah, the ice type will give it a neutrality to fire, and a weakness to rock, fighting, and steel. Ice dragons are certainly very cool in fantasy art, but Ice/dragon doesn't seem to be very good typing. Steel types resist both STABs (Same Type Attack Bonus) and can attack super effectively with their own STAB. There's been worse though. :P

Anyways, I was hoping there would be less legends this time, but it's alright.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]dark/dragon FTW. i can only imagine how epic it'll look like.Alex_Thomson

Yeah, that would be awesome. Wait, is that one of the new Pokemon announced? I don't remember seeing that on the list...

yes it's on the list, along with tons of other epic dragon types... of course, none will ever be better than flygon :P
Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alex_Thomson

Well maybe the large number of legendary Pokemon is their commitment to the multiplayer aspect. I was reading about it on 1up the other day and online battles and trading and such seems to be a big part of the package this time.(strange you could never play against randoms) Having a wider stock of the legends ensures that your not running into the same ones all the time. Because I remember back in the day, seems like a 100 years ago lol when we used Link cables, everybody had Zapados, Articuno, Moltres and Mewtwo or some combination of that. That won't be the case with so many and all new Pokemon in general. Sepewrath

Yeah, I agree, you have a good point there. A greater variety of legendary Pokemon is a good thing in my opinion, because legendary Pokemon tend to be the "best" Pokemon in terms of their stats and moves, and therefore are very popular choices for people's Pokemon teams when battling, and, as you pointed out, back in the day when only a few were available (Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew), those were the Pokemon that basically everyone had on their team in battles. So I think the greater variety of legendary Pokemon is a good thing here, because besides giving you more cool Pokemon to catch in the game, it also provides some variety in people's teams used in multiplayer battles, so it won't always be the same Pokemon facing off against each other.

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Alex_Thomson

[QUOTE="Alex_Thomson"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]dark/dragon FTW. i can only imagine how epic it'll look like.BrunoBRS

yes it's on the list, along with tons of other epic dragon types... of course, none will ever be better than flygon :P

Well, that's good to hear, and yeah, Flygon is pretty sweet. :P

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheShadowLord07

nintendofreak_2

Lol I think someone said that in the serebii forums

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendofreak_2

TheShadowLord07

Probably because they're a gym leader too. :P

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Dragon fire is a better combination a human can throw rocks at icedragons and kill them.
HungryLuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HungryLuma
Member since 2009 • 1131 Posts

Ice Dragon is cool. :)

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nintendofreak_2

Dragon fire is a better combination a human can throw rocks at icedragons and kill them. King_Dodongo
Dragon fire is weak to Rock too. ^_^

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheShadowLord07

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

nintendofreak_2

Probably because they're a gym leader too. :P

there's a posion gym leader in isshu when was this announce?

oh god, I hope we re challenge the gym leaders too with stronger pokemon. I hated that in diamond.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sman3579

And plus, they are almost always guaranteed to look cooler that the other Pokemon, so that's a big argument in their favor :D

Alex_Thomson

I so agree with this statement.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonictrainer

Here's another Pokedex list, posted from Pokebeach:

494/000 - Victini - Basic - Psychic/Fire

495/001 - Tsutarja - Basic - Grass

496/002 - ????? - Stage 1 - Grass

497/003 - ????? - Stage 2 - Grass

498/004 - Pokabu - Basic - Fire

499/005 - ????? - Stage 1 - Fire/Fighting

500/006 - ????? - Stage 2 - Fire/Fighting

501/007 - Mijumaru - Basic - Water

502/008 - ????? - Stage 1 - Water

503/009 - ????? - Stage 2 - Water

504/010 - Minezumi - Basic - Normal

505/011 - Miruhoggu - Stage 1 - Normal

506/012 - ????? - Basic - Normal: A small dog-like Pokemon. Probably a breed of the Shih Tzu race (but with brown-golden hair).

507/013 - ????? - Stage 1 - Normal: Longer dog-like Pokemon, has same face but with mustache. Face and legs are golden, body is dark gray.

508/014 - ????? - Stage 2 - Normal: A dog-like Pokemon that resembles an adult Shih Tzu but with a longer body. Long mustache and black-to-gray body.

509/015 - ????? - Basic - Dark: A cat-like Pokemon with a somewhat suspicious look. (Purple cat from the Pre-BW Special Preview.)

510/016 - ????? - Stage 1 - Dark: A Pokemon that resembles a panther. Most of its body is purple, but legs, head and body marks are light brown. Very elegant and slender.

511/017 - Yanappu - Basic - Grass

512/018 - ????? - Stage 1 - Grass: Same design as Yanappu but larger, with an Elvis forelock, more hair, and arrogant pose.

513/019 - Baoppu - Basic - Fire: A monkey with an orange/red body with a flame-****hair and tail. It has a sleepy face.

514/020 - ????? - Stage 1 - Fire: It is fatter than Grass evolution and seems confused. Tail and hair have flames. Red/orange color.

515/021 - Hiyappu - Basic - Water: A monkey that's cheerful and has fountain-shaped hair. Light blue color.

516/022 - ????? - Stage 1 - Water: The most sociable of all these monkeys, it has a somewhat rasta hair **** Light blue color.

517/023 - Munna - Basic - Psychic

518/024 - Musharna - Stage 1 - Psychic

519/025 - Mamepato - Basic - Normal/Flying

520/026 - Hatoopoo - Stage 1 - Normal/Flying

521/027 - ????? - Stage 2 - Normal/Flying: Typical bird Pokemon with an arrogant pose, resembles a pigeon. Same colors, but brown chest. It has a forme where it is in the same pose but with a pink mask. Perhaps it is a Spring Forme.

522/028 - Shimama - Basic - Electric

523/029 - ????? - Stage 1 - Electric: Still a zebra, but bigger, fiercer, and with more white stripes and hair.

524/030 - ????? - Basic - Rock

525/031 - ????? - Stage 1 - Rock

526/032 - Gigaiasu - Stage 2 - Rock

527/033 - Koromori - Basic - Psychic/Flying

528/034 - ????? - Stage 1 - Psychic/Flying: A bat Pokemon with blue body and white fur. It maintains the heart-shaped eye/nose but has a forked tail.

529/035 - Morguryuu - Basic - Ground

530/036 - Doryuuzu - Stage 1 - Ground/Steel

531/037 - Tabunne - Basic - Normal

532/038 - ????? - Basic - Fighting: A guy with a wooden plank.

533/039 - ????? - Stage 1 - Fighting: A guy with an iron girder. It is stronger that its pre-evo and has a clown nose.

534/040 - ????? - Stage 2 - Fighting: Has a concrete block on each hand. It got much larger from evolution. The clown nose is not funny anymore.

535/041 - ????? - Basic - Water: A small tadpole. No arms, no legs, only a blue tail. Also two blue protuberances on each side of its head.

536/042 - ????? - Stage 1 - Water/Ground: A bigger tadpole. Has developed legs, still no arms. Blue color, white tail. Three protuberances from head, four from body.

537/043 - ????? - Stage 2 - Water/Ground: A big frog full of protuberances in head, arms and legs. No more tail. Its very big and has a mafia pose.

538/044 - ????? - Basic - Fighting: A Judo Pokemon with a kimono. Rocky red skin, big eyebrows and nose.

539/045 - ????? - Stage 1 - Fighting: Taller and thinner than pre-evo, with rocky blue skin and kimono. Big nose and one eyebrow (yes, only one).

540/046 - Kurumiru - Basic - Bug/Grass

541/047 - ????? - Stage 1 - Bug/Grass: The leaf grows and covers the Pokemon as a cocoon. Only eyes and mouth can be seen.

542/048 - ????? - Stage 2 - Bug/Grass: A leaf insect Pokemon, a Phylliidae. Stands on two legs with a leaf skirt and arms. Head is like Kurumiru's.

543/049 - ????? - Basic - Bug/Poison - A centipede.

544/050 - ????? - Stage 1 - Bug/Poison: A round cocoon with an eye on each side. All covered in spikes, four large and eight shorter. Ugliest one in the PokeDex.

545/051 - ????? - Stage 2 - Bug/Poison: A Scolopendra colored like its pre-evo.

546/052 - ????? - Basic - Grass: Resembles a cloud.

547/053 - ????? - Stage 1 - Grass: Resembles a cloud / sheep.

548/054 - ????? - Basic - Grass: The plant Pokemon seen in the Pokemon Daycare screenshot.

549/055 - ????? - Stage 1 - Grass: A Grass Lady Pokemon. She wears a flower hat with a crown. Big leaf on the back. Her dress is a leaf bulb, with two dark green leaves as arms.

550/056 - Basurao - Basic - Water: Has two Formes. One is green with red stripes and eyes while the other one has blue stripe and blue eyes. Second seems more aggressive.

551/057 - Meguroko - Basic - Ground/Dark

552/058 - ????? - Stage 1 - Ground/Dark - Stands on two legs with a spiked back.

553/059 - ????? - Stage 2 - Ground/Dark - Larger, meaner, and red.

554/060 - Darumakka - Basic - Fire

555/061 - Hihidaruma - Stage 1 - Fire. Has an alternate forme that is Fire/Psychic and blue.

556/062 - ????? - Basic - Grass: A dancing cactus Pokemon. Has yellow eyes, spikes, and pink flowers.

557/063 - ????? - Basic - Bug/Rock: A hermit crab Pokemon. It is a crab with a rock covering its back.

558/064 - ????? - Stage 1 - Bug/Rock: Larger and holding a cube-shaped rock.

559/065 - ????? - Basic - Dark/Fighting

560/066 - ????? - Stage 1 - Dark/Fighting: Similar design to previous evolution, but orange head with red crest. Has a hood at the back with pre-evo's head. Scary.

570/076 - Zorua - Basic - Dark

571/077 - Zoroark - Stage 1 - Dark

572/078 - Chillarmy - Basic - Normal

573/079 - ????? - Stage 1 - Normal: Greatly resembles its pre-evolution.

585/091- Shikijika - Basic - Normal/Grass

586/092 - ????? - Stage 1 - ???: Changes with the seasons like its pre-evolved form. Seen partially in the Pokemon Peer news story.

599/105 - Gear - Basic - Steel

600/106 - ????? - Stage 1 - Steel

601/107 - ????? - Stage 2 - Steel - Appearance doesn't change much from previous stage.

633/139 - ????? - Basic - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon

634/140 - ????? - Stage 1 - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon

635/141 - ????? - Stage 2 - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon: Is a three headed hydra, with black and blue tones. Starts with one head in its Basic form, evolves and gets two heads, and then this final form have three.

636/142 - ????? - Basic - Bug/Fire

637/143 - ????? - Stage 1 - Bug/Fire

638/144 - ????? - Basic - Legendary Trio 1 - Steel/Fighting: A quadruped Pokemon, the sort of Entei/Suicune/Raikou of this generation. Along with the other members of its trio, it is roaming Isshu and can be encountered at any time.

639/145 - ????? - Basic - Legendary Trio 1 - Rock/Fighting: A quadruped Pokemon, the sort of Entei/Suicune/Raikou of this generation. Along with the other members of its trio, it is roaming Isshu and can be encountered at any time

640/146 - ????? - Basic - Legendary Trio 1 - Grass/Fighting: A quadruped Pokemon, the sort of Entei/Suicune/Raikou of this generation. Along with the other members of its trio, it is roaming Isshu and can be encountered at any time

641/147 - ????? - Basic - Legendary Trio 2 - Flying: The first pure Flying type! Part of the Raijin trio. Perhaps the Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf of this generation. The Pokemon has a humanoid shape, is crossing its arms like a genie, and is sitting on a cloud. The other members of its trio have different colors and hair.

642/148 - ????? - Basic - Legendary Trio 2 - Electric/Flying: Part of the Raijin trio. Perhaps the Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf of this generation.

643/149 - Reshiram - Basic - Version Legendary - Dragon/Fire

644/150 - Zekrom - Basic - Version Legendary - Dragon/Electric

645/151 - ????? - Basic - Legendary Trio 2 - Ground/Flying: Part of the Raijin trio. Perhaps the Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf of this generation.

646/152 - ????? - Basic - Version Legendary? - Dragon/Ice: Perhaps the remake version's mascot since it is part-Dragon like Reshiram and Zekrom. This third dragon seems to be based on a cold source of energy as opposed to warm ones like fire and electricity. It is gray-colored (Pokemon Gray?). However, it has ice parts. The head, wings, and tail, are blue.

647/153 - ????? - Basic - Event Legendary - Water/Fighting

648/154 - ????? - Basic - Event Legendary - Normal/Psychic - Has a feminine shape with a mane. It has an alternate form that also resembles a "girl" but the hat hides the mane and because of that "she" looks like a male. The forme is Normal/Fighting.

649/155 - ????? - Basic - Event Legendary - Bug/Steel. Strong, looks like it came from space. It's a robot with a big laser cannon on top of its head. His body resembles a bug species.

Pokemon Without Numbers Yet

???/??? - Desukaan - Stage 1 - ???

???/??? - ????? - Basic - ???

???/??? - Denchura - Stage 1 - Electric/Bug

???/??? - Kibago - Basic - Dragon

???/??? - ????? - Stage 1 - Dragon

???/??? - Ononokusu - Stage 2 - Dragon

???/??? - Wargle - Basic - Normal/Flying

???/??? - Rankurusu - Basic - Psychic

???/??? - Gochiruzeru - Basic - Psychic. Does not evolve but may have a pre-evolution.

???/??? - Emonga - ??? - Electric/Flying

???/??? - ????? - Basic - ???

???/??? - Swana - Stage 1 - Water/Flying

???/??? - Mamanbou - Basic - Water

???/???: Blue octopus. It has an evolution too.

???/???: Green and yellow Pokemon.

???/???: Unseen Pokemon named Burokku.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sonictrainer

Other info regarding Pokemon:

-In total there are now 649 Pokemon (with formes and everything there sure are a lot more!). This generation has eclipsed the first generation in terms of the number of Pokemon - it has 156 brand new Pokemon! You think they would have added ONE MORE to make it 650, but alas. :p Melkor first revealed these numbers last week.

-There are two fossils - a turtle and a bird.

-There are a pair of Bug/Steel Pokemon (a spider and a bug with knight armor), a Grass/Steel Pokemon, and a Steel/Dark Pokemon (nicknamed "Power Ranger" because it resembles one).

-Seven Poison Pokemon are new. Three of them are #543/#544/#545 (Bug/Poison), a mushroom and his evo (unknown numbers), and a pure Poison type and his evo (unknown numbers). The pure Poison-type is described as "interesting to say the least."

-There is a Grass/Steel Pokemon that looks like a metal ball with green spikes. When it evolves tentacles come out.

-A Grass/Poison mushroom Pokemon is also new.

-Seven new Ice-types are in the game - the Dragon/Ice Legendary, a polar bear and its evolution (which is described as "cute and fierce"), a three-stage line, and a standalone Ice-type.

-New types (of Pokemon that have not been revealed yet above) include Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, and Fighting/Dark.

-There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.

-There are no split-evolution Pokemon (like Gloom into Vileplume and Bellossom).

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheShadowLord07

a 3 headed dragon?!!! omg that kicks ass. So nicknaming it Ghidorah if it has wings.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 moltenix

Oh my gosh! So many new details to take in all at once!! :shock:

It really looks like they're planning on giving the series a completely fresh start. Dang, i'm really looking forward to this game now! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if I finally beat my record of clocking in 700+ hours in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

All this information and just 7 days away from release. I can't wait. :cry:

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ANIMEguy10034

Horrible(?) news guys, according to pokebeach, Pokabu (fire starter) evolves to a Fire/Fighting pokemon. 3rd one in a row. =__=

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 moltenix

It's official, I am not using Pokabu. Ah well, I didn't really like his evolutions much from the start. :P

Besides, we got 156 new Pokemon... who needs silly ol' Pokabu and his overused type combination anyway! :D

TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheShadowLord07

Horrible(?) news guys, according to pokebeach, Pokabu (fire starter) evolves to a Fire/Fighting pokemon. 3rd one in a row. =__=

ANIMEguy10034

im not complaining. going to be use mijumaru

omg serebii got new scans! the deer looks awesome (flowers on antlers on are a turn off though). but the bison loooks pretty cool imo. maybe even better than tauros. the electric bug pokemon dont look too bad.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ANIMEguy10034

So many scans, so little time. O_O

^^ "Dento(Grass),Poddo(Fire), andKon(Water) are the Sanyou City Gym Leaders. As stated in the previous post, the Gym specializes in Grass, Fire, and Water. Depending on the Starter Pokemon you choose, you will face the Gym Leader of the type that is stronger than you (like when you battle your rival in previous games). They will use their elemental monkeys and possibly other Pokemon of their type."

and here's some new pokemons. :D

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sonictrainer

I hope these are real scans......because some of these guys look awesome.

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Alex_Thomson

Other info regarding Pokemon:

-In total there are now 649 Pokemon (with formes and everything there sure are a lot more!). This generation has eclipsed the first generation in terms of the number of Pokemon - it has 156 brand new Pokemon! You think they would have added ONE MORE to make it 650, but alas. :p Melkor first revealed these numbers last week.

-There are two fossils - a turtle and a bird.

-There are a pair of Bug/Steel Pokemon (a spider and a bug with knight armor), a Grass/Steel Pokemon, and a Steel/Dark Pokemon (nicknamed "Power Ranger" because it resembles one).

-Seven Poison Pokemon are new. Three of them are #543/#544/#545 (Bug/Poison), a mushroom and his evo (unknown numbers), and a pure Poison type and his evo (unknown numbers). The pure Poison-type is described as "interesting to say the least."

-There is a Grass/Steel Pokemon that looks like a metal ball with green spikes. When it evolves tentacles come out.

-A Grass/Poison mushroom Pokemon is also new.

-Seven new Ice-types are in the game - the Dragon/Ice Legendary, a polar bear and its evolution (which is described as "cute and fierce"), a three-stage line, and a standalone Ice-type.

-New types (of Pokemon that have not been revealed yet above) include Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, and Fighting/Dark.

-There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.

-There are no split-evolution Pokemon (like Gloom into Vileplume and Bellossom).

sonictrainer

Whoa, a "three-stage line", does that mean that there is going to be a Pokemon that evolves three times instead of the usual twice? :shock:That would be awesome if it were true, that's one of the things I've been wishing the Pokemon series would add for a long time. The Dragon/Ice-type legendary Pokemon and the polar bear Pokemon mentioned above sound awesome, too, as does a standalone Ice-type. I've always thought fossil types were cool too, at least they should be if they're anything like the past fossil Pokemon. Overall, I'm looking forward to Pokemon Black and White a lot, thanks for all the new information, I'm definitely even more excited for it now.

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alex_Thomson

sonictrainer

Agreed. That buffalo looks like it could give Tauros a run for its money. And the gold-colored one with the red pointy things coming out the side of its head looks pretty awesome too.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ANIMEguy10034

sonictrainer

Update #2 (10:00 PM) - Photos pretty much confirmed, so removed cautious sentences.

PokeBeach

and here's some info on the pokemon shown in the new scans:

• Yanappu- Grass - Grass Monkey Pokemon - 0.6m - 10.5kg - Gluttony
  • Baoppu- Fire - High Temperature Pokemon - 0.6m - 11.0kg - Gluttony - New move called "Flame Burst" which damages nearby opponents.
  • Hiyappu- Water - Water Pouring Pokemon - 0.6m - 13.5kg - Gluttony - New move called "Boiling Water" which is Water-type move but can Burn.
  • Basurao- Violent Pokemon - Water - Reckless / Adaptability - Has two formes, as shown.
  • Yorterrie- Puppy Pokemon (based on a Yorkie) - Normal - Vital Spirit / Pick-Up
  • Choroneko- Bad Cat Pokemon - Dark - Limber / Acrobat
  • Desukan- Coffin Pokemon - Ghost - Mummy
  • Ononokusu- Jaw Horn Pokemon - Dragon - Rivalry / Mold Breaker
  • Denchura- Electric Spider Pokemon - Bug/Electric - Compoundeyes / Anxiety
  • Doryuuzu- Deep Earth Pokemon - Ground/Steel - Sand Scatter / Sand Power
  • Baffalon- Headbutting Cattle Pokemon - Normal - Reckless / Herbivore
  • Dangoro- Mantle Pokemon - Rock - Sturdy
  • Mebukijika- Shikijika's evolution - Seasonal Pokemon - Normal/Grass - Herbivore / Chlorophyll
  • Tabunne- Healing Pokemon - Normal - Healing Heart / Regenerate - Chansey of this region?
  • Monmen- Cotton Ball Pokemon - Grass - Mischievous Heart / Pickpocket
  • Churine- Stump Pokemon - Grass - Chlorophyll / Own Tempo
  • Tamagetake- Mushroom Pokemon - Grass / Poison - Effect Spore

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pixel-Perfect

AWESOME! *-*

I don't have anything bad to say about any of the new Pokemon!

I hate Tabunne but we already knew about that. :P

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Alex_Thomson

AWESOME! *-*

I don't have anything bad to say about any of the new Pokemon!

I hate Tabunne but we already knew about that. :P

Pixel-Perfect

Is Tabunne the pink and yellowish-orange one?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pixel-Perfect

Yeah with the blue eyes.

Alex_Thomson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points