Pokedex 3DS - Dissapointed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Was anyone else dissapointed with the recenet release of the PokeDex 3DS? I thought it was a great concept however it's a standalone "game". I really thought it would link to my Pokemon black save and grab all the Pokemon I'd collected. Boo!

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I find its a cool freebie. A visual candy mostly.

squall_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 squall_83
Member since 2003 • 820 Posts

I could have swore I read somewhere that they are planning to integrate this into a rerelease of black and white for the 3DS.

fool_man_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 fool_man_dude
Member since 2003 • 1080 Posts

So far as I can tell, the only way to get more pokemon is to get streetpass points, which I never ever get so that kind of sucks.

Nint3ndofr34k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Nint3ndofr34k
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yeah it is a bit of a dissapointment... :(
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chickan_117

I could have swore I read somewhere that they are planning to integrate this into a rerelease of black and white for the 3DS.

squall_83

That's what I thought too. Maybe it's going to be for a re-release of Pokemon Black. Would like it much more if that were the case. Makes more sense as it ties in with the whole "gotta catch em all" theme.

So far as I can tell, the only way to get more pokemon is to get streetpass points, which I never ever get so that kind of sucks.

fool_man_dude

You can also send pokemon info to your friends over the internet.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

Seeing how this is free I see no need to complain. And by next month, (if you check the app daily, and you have spotpass on) you will have them all.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

What do you want for nothing?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
But if it gave us all the Pokemon right away there would be no reason to use it. I personally enjoy jumping on to it and seeing what new Pokemon I have gotten.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

I'm not dissapointed with it, it's pretty cool. And free is free :P

I have a question about it though. How many Pokemon are we supposed to receive each day through Spot Pass? I thought I read somewhere that we're supposed to receive three Pokemon per day, but so far I've only been receiving one. Yesterday I got Karrablast and today I got Petilil. I also downloaded it the night the eShop launched and I didn't start receiving any Pokemon until yesterday and I've had Spot Pass turned on since day one.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chickan_117

Maybe it's because I'm in Australia but I'm receiving a whopping 0 Pokemon per day. I never seem to get Streetpass hits either so it's pretty useless for me :(

I appreciate that it's free, it's just not what I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be like a PokeDex separate from the games that tracked all the Pokemon you got accross the various games you played in your DS. Sort of an extra reward for making the effort to catch all of them.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i still dont know how to transfer pokemon from my White game to my Pokedex

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

i still dont know how to transfer pokemon from my White game to my Pokedex

killerband55
You don't. The Pokedex doesn't connect to Black & White at all. You get one new Pokemon per day (they said it would be three but it only seems to be one) automatically and get the rest though street-pass.
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I've received 2 pokemons yesterday and two today, very random. I really wish a knew exactly how manywere supposed to get each day.

Shut-Your-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shut-Your-Face
Member since 2011 • 208 Posts
I haven't played Pokedex yet. What is it about exactly?
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chickan_117

I haven't played Pokedex yet. What is it about exactly?Shut-Your-Face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2afnd5UtII

Basically you install the app and it gives you 7 of more pokemon. Each day you get a free one, two or three pokemon and you can send and receive data to people on your friends list. It lists their types, moves, blah blah blah and lets you do some pretty stuff too.

jadjei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jadjei
Member since 2011 • 379 Posts

I haven't played Pokedex yet. What is it about exactly?Shut-Your-Face

it's like a pokemon encylopedia, you catch the pokemon it records the imformation about it. the pokedex thing at the eshop is kind of similar but you don't catch pokemon like in the game you get them by streetpassing or if you find an giant ar card (one was available at e3 and posted at joystiq so scan it from your computer with your 3ds if you get the time.)

rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

Maybe it's because I'm in Australia but I'm receiving a whopping 0 Pokemon per day. I never seem to get Streetpass hits either so it's pretty useless for me :(

I appreciate that it's free, it's just not what I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be like a PokeDex separate from the games that tracked all the Pokemon you got accross the various games you played in your DS. Sort of an extra reward for making the effort to catch all of them.

Chickan_117

dont worry bro im with ya there ... i live in a town where I think Im the only person who has a 3ds(even though the gamestop I frequent said there were a couple of preorders) .. but i get pokemon from SPOTPASS ... not the street pass... this just means that if your 3DS is in a location that accesses wifi it'll receive pokemon ... im not sure if it's all pokemon but I got a couple today so it's all good... also it FREE cant beat that price ... and the AR tags they put in are kinda neat.. you can have pics with your favorite gen 5 pokemons

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

free is good.

Chico_Azteca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chico_Azteca
Member since 2008 • 2386 Posts

sorry, but i'm loving it

dan0314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dan0314
Member since 2011 • 658 Posts

I'm not dissapointed with it, it's pretty cool. And free is free :P

I have a question about it though. How many Pokemon are we supposed to receive each day through Spot Pass? I thought I read somewhere that we're supposed to receive three Pokemon per day, but so far I've only been receiving one. Yesterday I got Karrablast and today I got Petilil. I also downloaded it the night the eShop launched and I didn't start receiving any Pokemon until yesterday and I've had Spot Pass turned on since day one.

J_Ford
Best. Signature. Ever. :)
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

squall_83
i hope thats true, i would love a 3DS pokemon
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chickan_117

I'm coming around actually. It's growing on me with these spotpass additions. Kinda fun seeing that spot and seeing who I got this time.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Just today, I collected three Pokemon into the Pokedex by using SpotPass. I already have 36 Pokemon since I downloaded Pokedex last week.

Keep collecting.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Dude its free. Dont complain. If you walk around enough youll get new pokemon. U dont need streetpass enabled to get new pokemon

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chickan_117

Dude its free. Dont complain. If you walk around enough youll get new pokemon. U dont need streetpass enabled to get new pokemon

painguy1

Lots of things are free but I'll complain if they're not what they were originally marketed as. Also your comments about walking around enough to get new pokemon and not needing streetpass are mutually exclusive. Lol.

I know spotpass will get pokemon however I didn't think it was active in Australia (it is, thus the post just above yours).

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

Chickan_117

Lots of things are free but I'll complain if they're not what they were originally marketed as. Also your comments about walking around enough to get new pokemon and not needing streetpass are mutually exclusive. Lol.

I know spotpass will get pokemon however I didn't think it was active in Australia (it is, thus the post just above yours).

Pokedex 3D was accompanied by marketing? :?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chickan_117

Yeah I saw some stuff for it, then they were talking about Black & White integration at E3. Think they must've meant the 3DS version.

Ninja_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ninja_Odin
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts
It was FREE. Who cares how dissapointing or god it is? i don't care for it but i know people who played Black/White do.