Please Capcom, make a Resident Evil for the DS!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

We need a brand new iteration, a brand new game only for the DS. If this were to happen, it also needs to be wifi, and have many many good features.

I must admit, I haven't played RE from the beginnig, I started playing with RE4, and it was super incredible on the PS2.

I could not get used to Resident Evil Deadly Silence on the DS. I guess I'm not that old school a gamer. I found it kinda difficult.

But my biggest wish is to get a new one, from this generation. Why isn't Capcom thinking about this? I know that a new DS is about to be launched, but I think a new Resident Evil would be a really worthwhile cause!!! A good investment, if you will.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

"Deadly Silence" is one of the best games on the DS. Try it again. The stylus and second screen make it the best version of the original game on ANY platform and it actually has several aiming patches and other gameplay "helpers" that the original doesn't have... It's a piece of art and history that you really need to see through if you consider yourself any kind of RE fan.

You can do it, Duffy Moon! Play it again!

:D

And, I would forget about another RE game on the DS... they are in bed with Sony for the next game, firmly... it'll be out on "the other handheld", but not Nintendo's lil' wonder.

:(

Sad but true.

PS - Have you tried "Dementium: The Ward" yet? That game might be a bit more to your "modern" survival horror tastes... not the greatest game over-all, but a set of headphones and a dark room do wonders! Just a thought.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Dementium was good...but I don't think I agree with you on the RE DS being one of the best DS games ever...

Plisken1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Plisken1
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

deadly silence is one of the best games on the ds, once you get used to the movement controls its funner. Didnt you play any games on the original ps? manygames had those controls.

Mareczek99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Mareczek99
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts

I wish they'd release the 2nd and 3rd RE on the DS.

Since they already have the engine and stuff, why not?

It seems a better idea to port these on to the DS than RE 2 & 3 for the GC (What were they thinking anyway??)

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ston3henge

Though it looks similar, the DS version ("Deadly Silence") is not a straight port of the original, they had to make it over... doing the same for RE2 or 3 would take a lot of time and effort.

Dragard_Kaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#7 Dragard_Kaos
Member since 2008 • 834 Posts
I wish people would stop saying "insert game title here" is the best/one of the best games on the "insert console name here." Seriously, that's just opinion based. I find Modern Warfare: Mobilized and Metroid Prime: Hunters very good FPS on the DS, I'll have to give RE:DS a try I guess.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ston3henge

You likes the "Modern Warefare: Mobilized" eh? I have been wondering about that game because I really enjoyed the other CoD games on the DS, sparkling examples of a well done FPS for the DS. I've always felt that the control with a sylus is more like mouse control than any other system. A few observations about the game from a player might be nice...

... not to go off topic.

And I really don't think it's wrong to make a passionate statement about games you like, puting them on tiers or strata in order to demonstrate one's love for a game to try and impassion the reader... it's simply a way of quanitfying something for review. I think that it's not out of line to say that of the several horror games available for the DS, that "Deadly Silence" ranks towards the top of the list. I'm an RE nut, and I have all of the different games across several systems, and to me, "Deadly Silence" is the best version of the original game and story there is (and yes I like it more than "RE-make" on the GameCube, graphic upgrade and all). I like it and rate it higher because of the second screen so you can have a map open all the time, and the stylus for inventory managing and (not to spoil anything) combining of things to create other things along with the greater ease of targeting makes it an outstanding entry in the series, and one of my favorite DS games in the years of owning the system. Having that map open eliminates a lot of the disorientation complaints for the original due to shifting cameras.

I understand your point, about taking a room full of 100 gamers and in asking them, you will find that there are 100 different "Greatest Games" for system X... but that's also the beauty of a forum. I have had so many things changed, for the better, as far as views of a given game genre by complete strangers because of the passionate statements on these pages... debate and discussion of these games and various topics will eventually lead to a more informed and connected community.

So I look forward to people saying something is great, it may open my eyes a little wider.

;)

sinisteria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sinisteria
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

"Deadly Silence" is one of the best games on the DS. Try it again. The stylus and second screen make it the best version of the original game on ANY platform and it actually has several aiming patches and other gameplay "helpers" that the original doesn't have... It's a piece of art and history that you really need to see through if you consider yourself any kind of RE fan.

You can do it, Duffy Moon! Play it again!

And, I would forget about another RE game on the DS... they are in bed with Sony for the next game, firmly... it'll be out on "the other handheld", but not Nintendo's lil' wonder.

:(

Sad but true.

PS - Have you tried "Dementium: The Ward" yet? That game might be a bit more to your "modern" survival horror tastes... not the greatest game over-all, but a set of headphones and a dark room do wonders! Just a thought.

ston3henge
I ditto this. Deadly Silence was one of the first games I bought for DS. I played it a couple of times and died A LOT so i put it down and never touched it again...until now. Deadly Silence is truly a classic game. Once you get used to the controls and killing stuff, you will love it. The only complaint I have is that you have limited saves but it is still a great game and a must have for the DS. It would be cool to see some more resident evils on the DS though so I can see where you're coming from.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#10 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Resident Evil Deadly Silence was a great game and I enjoyed because I played the orginials back when the game was released the only part I hate about that game and the other Resident Evil games are those horrible giant spiders.

I don't think Capcom will make another Resident Evil for the DS as seem to be focusing more on home consoles but they are making a new Resident Evil game on the PSP version which is released some time this year.

nachi_lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nachi_lobo
Member since 2010 • 268 Posts
Resident Evil Deadly Silence is one of the best DS games, I find hard to do one that has a unique story in the DS, it only remakes