Playing Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition with Wii Connect 24 on ruins the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Hey, remember when Resident Evil 4 came out for the Wii for the first time? Well, I heard a lot of people said it messed up their Wii's pixels and stuff. I was just wondering what causes this? I turn my Wii Connect 24 every time just incase, but I don't want to keep doing that. So what are the chances of this happening? And if it does happen, what can I do to resolve the problem.

I just would like to know a little bit about the problem and why it occurs.

Thank you very much in advance.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts
Never happened to me.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

This problem only occurs with a faulty Wii. Basically, it's going to happen eventually if your Wii has a faulty heat sink; apparently leaving WiiConnect24 on will simply speed up the process. If this happens to you, Nintendo will fix it if you contact them.

If you have a normal Wii, you have nothing to worry about. There's no way to know whether your Wii is faulty.... I'd suggest not worrying about it. If it happens, it happens. Chances are, it won't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

This problem only occurs with a faulty Wii. Basically, it's going to happen eventually if your Wii has a faulty heat sink; apparently leaving WiiConnect24 on will simply speed up the process. If this happens to you, Nintendo will fix it if you contact them.

If you have a normal Wii, you have nothing to worry about. There's no way to know whether your Wii is faulty.... I'd suggest not worrying about it. If it happens, it happens. Chances are, it won't.

JordanElek

Alright, I was kind of freaked about it. Do you know the chances of it happening? And if my Wii does break from it, won't I lose all my saved files and crap? I wouldn't like that happening.

Scara828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Scara828
Member since 2007 • 708 Posts
Well in that case just save your files on a SD card, my question here is, does wii conect 24 reduces the lifetime of your wii?, you know, it never really turns off, so the heat and the eternal consumption of energy damages the wii?
RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts
I havent had the problem your having, but when ive loaded RE4 and it gets to the main menu the disc drive starts whirring. Ive got 24c on too, maybe i should just turn it off...?
smileyryder34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 smileyryder34
Member since 2003 • 468 Posts

I have all my game saves on an SD card. They will work on any Wii. I've had 2 Wii's that have had faulty disc drives, but I've not heard of any overall Wii failures being wide spread. They generally don't happen. Nintendo has always had quality systems. With normal use it should last you a decent time. I've got 5 people in my house that like to play the Wii so it might get a bit more use than normal.