Planning on buying Wii this year... need advice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iceman2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Iceman2005
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
We should be getting more in stock again here in Canada very soon. I want to buy one but before I do I want to know if Nintendo is doing any major updates or any thing I should know before buying it as soon as it's in stores again. What kind of accessories should I get when I buy it? Which 1 game should I also get when I get the Wii?

The reason why I'm buying it is because I want to be able to play with friends and family and the swinging the controls around seems pretty fun to me. That's also one big obvious reason why I'm buying it.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honors Heroes 2, Trauma Center, Super Mario Strikers,...

Don't buy Target Terror. This game is a joke.

Iceman2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Iceman2005
Wow thanks for the quick reply! I hear lot's of talk about Mario Galaxy. If I'm not a BIG fan of Mario will I still enjoy the game? Also what about accessories? Maybe I should get a battery charger for the controller?
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
no battery charger just rechargable batteries. maybe get another set of wiimotes and nunchucks. and galaxy is just a great game. anyone will love it and if you dont theres something wrong with you.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

If you get resident evil UC get the Nyko Perfect shot not the wii zapper.

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts

Wow thanks for the quick reply! I hear lot's of talk about Mario Galaxy. If I'm not a BIG fan of Mario will I still enjoy the game? Also what about accessories? Maybe I should get a battery charger for the controller?Iceman2005

Yeah, I would get rechargeable batteries. I have two different things, one made by Nintendo, another by a third party, to charge them and they suck.

As for Galaxy, I was never a big fan of Mario, and I got it for Christmas. I've had a REALLY hard time getting into it, and only play it once and a while. I only have like fifty stars. If you aren't sure, I'd rent first, test it out, then go from there.

demio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 demio123
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars 2, Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honors Heroes 2, Trauma Center, Super Mario Strikers,...

Don't buy Target Terror. This game is a joke.

chris3116
another good game for friends/family is mario party 8, the mini games are fun.
DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts
Also, check out Zelda: Twilight Princess if you are at all a fan of those types of games. I have it now and it is epic! :D
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
get gh3 for sure
cloudyvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 cloudyvisions
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

I just got mine for Christmas! I also got some rechargable batteries, and I'd suggest getting WiiPlay, which comes with a remote for only an extra$10 or so. I got an extra nunchuck to go with the remote as well. That way you're all set to go for at least 2 players.

If you want games to play with friends, there is something like Carnival Games (which I have and enjoy playing with 2+ people), the WiiPlay has 9 games that are similar to WiiSports, and SSBB is coming out soon which is gonna rock. But I also recommend SMG (I'm not a huge Mario fan either but I LOVE this game!), Zelda, and Zack and Wiki. That's what I've been playing nonstop!

justinmolnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 justinmolnar
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
I would say if you do not like Mario maybe rent it before you buy it but it is a very good game and i also recommend getting the stuff you need for Internet hookups get some wii points and you can get some good old school games. If you are looking for good multi-player games i would say Mario Party 8 or Mario vs. Sonic Olympic Games witch neither are really Mario based games so you should enjoy them. Make sure you get three extra Wiimotes and Nun-chucks so you can have 3 friends playing with you.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
just buy resident evil 4, you should be good.
Iceman2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Iceman2005

Thanks guys. I'm going to call my local shop to see when they have the Wii in stock. What I'm buying so far are those ASiD TECH HD PRO Wii Component Cable for my 32" widescreen HDTV so I can get the most out of the Wii. I guess I'll also buy the WiiParty since it comes with an extra controller and I'll also by an extra nunchunk. I'll also get one of those Duracell chargers at my local shop that seem to be a really good charger for its price.

Never was a big fan of online stuff and I won't be buying point cards any time soon, but since the online feature is FREE on the Wii I guess I'll play online with others (I have a silver account on my 360 cause I'm not a big fan of online play plus paying a fee).

Thank you all for the replies any further info is greatly appreciated!

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
enjoy when you get your wii man. im pretty sure you and your family will have a great time with wii play and wii sport(comes with the console). if you enjoy first person shooter that has a 32 players online; i would highly recommend medal of honor heroes 2. it's awesome.
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and throw Excite Truck into the mix, its a simple and fun game that can be found cheaply nowdays, it was a launch title.
Bobert66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Bobert66
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
Don't worry about updates if you can hook your Wii up to the internet as Nintendo will tell you when a new one is available, if you don't have wireless, get a LAN Adapter for online stuff. I'd recommend getting Super Mario Galaxy, anyone can enjoy it, that's how good it is, but if you don't think you'll be into that, get Resident Evil 4, that's pretty good, too.