Pikachu 3DS XL coming to UK (+AC Adapter rant)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

LINK

GAME is now taking pre-orders for the Pikachu 3DS XL in the UK. It costs £180 and comes with a 4GB SD card.

Here's the kick in the teeth though, it's £10 more than any other 3DS XL and Nintendo STILL refuses to bundle an AC adaptor with it, and expects you to pay extra for it. Yeah, they don't cost much but it's not the exta cost that worrys me about this, it's Nintendo's atitued, it's not like the AC adaptor is an optional extra like a carry case or screen protector, it's vital to be able to use it more than 2 times, and yet they demand extra for it. I'm not liking the way Nintendo is going with this.

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

LINK

GAME is now taking pre-orders for the Pikachu 3DS XL in the UK. It costs £180 and comes with a 4GB SD card.

Here's the kick in the teeth though, it's £10 more than any other 3DS XL and Nintendo STILL refuses to bundle an AC adaptor with it, and expects you to pay extra for it. Yeah, they don't cost much but it's not the exta cost that worrys me about this, it's Nintendo's atitued, it's not like the AC adaptor is an optional extra like a carry case or screen protector, it's vital to be able to use it more than 2 times, and yet they demand extra for it. I'm not liking the way Nintendo is going with this.

spike6958

Wow. Its things like this that make me wonder how money hungry these companies are (granted its usually msoft that does it)

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Im getting it.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
Yet Nintendo of North America don't care
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Why can't NA get this edition or even frikin silver. I'm not buying retarded red or baby blue Nintendo. $200 sitting here waiting for you.(I'm content with my 3ds now, but after seeing my friend get his, the screens, buttons, analog pad, and d pad are all much better. The thing fits in my huge hands nicer too. I could pass on my red 3ds to a sibling if I get a new XL.)
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Is Pikachu's face actually on it or is it just yellow? Hard to tell from the box.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Is Pikachu's face actually on it or is it just yellow? Hard to tell from the box.

Euaggelistes

Pikachu is on it.

Pikachu2.jpg

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Reminds me of my yellow Pokemon Gameboy Color I got with Yellow version way back :)
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Meh, bring out the all black model already!

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I preordered this on ShopTo

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

mine needs to be replaced give me a transparent green already -akin to a n64

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
Why can't NA get this edition or even frikin silver. I'm not buying retarded red or baby blue Nintendo. $200 sitting here waiting for you.(I'm content with my 3ds now, but after seeing my friend get his, the screens, buttons, analog pad, and d pad are all much better. The thing fits in my huge hands nicer too. I could pass on my red 3ds to a sibling if I get a new XL.)YoshiYogurt
i thought the same thing but when i bought one i was pleasantly surprised by how nice the colors look, their alot darker than shown
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Why can't NA get this edition or even frikin silver. I'm not buying retarded red or baby blue Nintendo. $200 sitting here waiting for you.(I'm content with my 3ds now, but after seeing my friend get his, the screens, buttons, analog pad, and d pad are all much better. The thing fits in my huge hands nicer too. I could pass on my red 3ds to a sibling if I get a new XL.)Djmaster214
i thought the same thing but when i bought one i was pleasantly surprised by how nice the colors look, their alot darker than shown

Yea my friend showed me his blue XL, it's actually a lot nicer color wise, almost metallic. Tempted to buy a red one, but I can wait for more options, I like my 3DS mini as my friend now calls it LOL
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd absolutely get one if they were available in the US. No money be damned, I'd not eat for a few days for one.

canand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 canand
Member since 2003 • 2890 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/OperationPika Remember that snazzy Pikachu-themed 3DS XL announced for Japan last month? The incredibly adorable one that put smiles on faces around the world? The one that was announced only for Japan to the dismay of people who found out it was exclusive for Japan? Well we remember fondly. And that's why Operation Pika is dedicated to bringing the Pikachu-themed 3DS XL over to the US, and Australia. So what are you waiting for? Like and share the page! Every single one helps, and brings us one step closer to Nintendo noticing us and giving us the news we all want! Twitter is @OperationPika