phantom hourglass blows

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f5f1ece8fb
deactivated-5d3f5f1ece8fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d3f5f1ece8fb
Member since 2004 • 865 Posts

I got this game because it was editors choice. I thought it could nt be to bad. I only got a hour in and I havent picked it up for a month. I hate this game. It doesnt deserve a 9. What do you guys think?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think you're in a very minuscule minority when it comes to not liking that game.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

I think is the best portable Zelda so far...

If you have played only an hour, you haven't seen anything yet... go, put the game card into your DS and enjoy it!

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
An hour of play doesn't really give you much time to judge any game.
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
The game runs 20 hours, give or take a few. Playing an hour doesn't allow one to judge a game too well. Try playing through it again -- force yourself, if need be -- and you'll possibly like it more later in the game, when it does get slightly more challenging.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
well its your loss...............
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

I got this game because it was editors choice. I thought it could nt be to bad. I only got a hour in and I havent picked it up for a month. I hate this game. It doesnt deserve a 9. What do you guys think?

hi_im_dave

Could you back up your opinion a bit? Why don't you like it? It's one of the best games for the DS.

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blazevoir
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
I played it on the first hour and loved it.
Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
I liked it too, it uses the control scheme very intuitive and easy and good cell-graphics. It breaths Zelda all over with the enemies, the sound, story...so you must have never liked Zelda in the first place and it's gameplay. Your bad.
guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts
I felt the exact same way as you after my first hour of playing PH. I'd never played a Zelda game before and PH just didn't seem that great at first. But after a month or two of not playing it, I finally picked it up again. I'm so glad I decided to finish the game, it ended up being one of my favorites for the Ds.
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
Well...You need to back your opinion. What's wrong with it?
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
with all due respect u have no clue my friend
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

And, why, exactly?

"It blows?" You're not even making sense 0_0.

chego720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chego720
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

Most likely wants some attention or something to make us all mad.

I liked it a lot though, may have been too easy to be my favorite handheld Zelda game, but still wothy of the 9 score it got to me, it's just no Oracle of Time or Seasons.

chego720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chego720
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
Umm, I meant "Oracle of Ages" o.o;;
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

I think you're in a very minuscule minority when it comes to not liking that game.

Jaysonguy
i used to say that in fact ive said many times man people need stop hating games! espacialy in 360 forums but i agree with this guy if your talkin story mode it just sucks horribly terrible it was absolutley horrid imo.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Well...You need to back your opinion. What's wrong with it?vatterott
me i think it sucks. cept for online.
Shattered_Dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shattered_Dead
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

First of all, you judged a game in ONE hour, it is like judging how good a movie is in the first ten minutes, you don't know anything beyond that time and there might be something "spectacular".

Second, You really need a LEGIT reason on why you hate the game, but apparently you seem like a troll just trying to get people stirred. It is a good game, but you're a bit blind to realize it.

So please, be smart.

EnterSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EnterSandman
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts

An hour of play doesn't really give you much time to judge any game.Flame_Blade88

Yeah, look at GTA IV, one of the best games ever and the first few hours are slow and boring. Doesn't mean the entire game is that way. Most games (even a lot of the great ones) start off slow with all that introductory garbage.

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

I just bought a DS with this game a couple days ago. I'd been wanting a DS just for PH since the game came out, because I'm a huge Zelda fan ever since the original game came out (I even play in a band I named after a Legend Of Zelda weapon/item).

Now, I'm not going to say I love it or hate it, because I've only played about 15 minutes of it. I will say that the top-down perspective really disappointed me though (yeah, cry moar, read about the game before buying... etc etc etc I know QQ whatever).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the DS was supposed to be capable of N64 graphics, or slightly better? If they could do an amazing 3D zelda on the 64, and SM64 was re-released as a DS game, doesn't it stand to reason that PH could have been done in 3D? In the short time I played PH, it looked like a cartoon-style A Link To The Past graphic and perspective wise. And yeah, ALttP was one of the best Zelda games, but it was also a long time ago.... things progress. It's not that I'm a huge graphics whore or anything (if I want graphics I'll play my 360 or my PSP for handhelds) I buy Nintendo systems for their superb first-party games because at this point we all know they're seriously lacking in graphics and I'm okay with that, but the style of PH definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm going to give this game a real chance, and I'm sure I'll end up loving it... even the worst Zelda games are awesome (not counting CD-I, obviously) but the top-down thing irritated enough that I've been playing Professor Layton and Elite Beat Agents instead of the game I purchased the system for so far.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
I played through a few of the dungeons, and thought it was really boring.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the DS was supposed to be capable of N64 graphics, or slightly better? If they could do an amazing 3D zelda on the 64, and SM64 was re-released as a DS game, doesn't it stand to reason that PH could have been done in 3D? In the short time I played PH, it looked like a cartoon-style A Link To The Past graphic and perspective wise. And yeah, ALttP was one of the best Zelda games, but it was also a long time ago.... things progress. It's not that I'm a huge graphics whore or anything (if I want graphics I'll play my 360 or my PSP for handhelds) I buy Nintendo systems for their superb first-party games because at this point we all know they're seriously lacking in graphics and I'm okay with that, but the style of PH definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

decepticondevil

actually the DS is kinda weaker(in terms of graphics) than the n64,I think its about 2/3rds the strength of the n64

gameguru43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gameguru43
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

I'm going to have to agree with him, I havent picked my Loz:ph for about a month.. but i have played longer. I have 2 pieces of the map. bombs and the bow. I jus think the game got to repetitve. I mean I had to go back to that temple of ocean kings like 4 times now and im barely halfway through the game. Going through each lvl is really repetitve, and if you run out of time ur screwed. cuz you have to keep worring about ur health while trying to figure out what to do next.. I dont't think it lived up to wind waker at all, from what i've played so far. the touch screen is what ruined this game for me. its just not the same while using the bow and trying to do a roll is really hard

I mind u i probaly will change my mind when i get farther through the game, but its not promising so far..

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

without a doubt the best game on the DS that is designed for the DS. Not played a game that really utilises the DS until I played phantom hour glass- everything else feels a bit like a port.

kingkui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingkui
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts
He doesn't like it, so what, I hate it also. Let him have his opinions.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

He doesn't like it, so what, I hate it also. Let him have his opinions.kingkui

It's not the fact that he hates it, it's the fact that he (and you coincidentally) give absolutely no reasons at all why you "hate" it.

That being said even while you do hate it you're in the minority.

To put it another way, if you were in a room with 1000 people 998 people would think you're crazy for not liking it.

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

I think is the best portable Zelda so far...

If you have played only an hour, you haven't seen anything yet... go, put the game card into your DS and enjoy it!

cfamgcn
its great but minish cap is better imo
ZehhBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZehhBR
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Actually the DS is more powerful than the 64, the problem is the resolution: the ds has two 256x192 LCD screens but the 64 is able to run games in res up to 640x480.

About PH, I liked a lot but I'd prefer a fully 3D game too.

Sorry for my English, my primary language is Portuguese.

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
I love zelda games but I didnt really like PH much either
manimal24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 manimal24
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

Jaysonguy

I agree. I loved it. Seemed really short, but I finished it an am still having fun just trying to find everything. The fact that you can make notes on the map is just fantastic. I wish one could make notes on maps in all Zelda games.

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
I agree. I hated it too. Waste of my parents 30 dollars. >_>

Almost makes me feel bad that I didn't pay them back
Rooster44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rooster44
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
I think you judge to quickly :| New to games? You usually nee a good 3 hours or more to get into them. Not all but a lot.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I found it to be a good game,but too simplified for my liking.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

I think this is probably one of the BEST DS games of all time. Even though it was only 15 hours, I think the game deserves a 10. But this is my opinion, which I'll try to back up

1 hour just isn't enough to appreciate this game. Its gets WAY more interesting by the time you get the the second half. The controls, the characters, the puzzles, everything adds up to a milestone in innovation. The graphics are some of the best for any Ds game. I don't really see what theres not to like about it.

bshaw84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bshaw84
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

Hopefully by "Blows" you mean it literally. Cuz, you do blow into the DS at certain points. :) I can only guess you couldn't figure out to count the rocks on the beach (or were they trees?).Even though they tell you if you talk to them twice. FAACE!!!!

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

I loved Phanthom Hourglass and consider it to be the 2ND BEST Zelda ever made!!! (right behind Ocarina). I really don't see how it BLEW?

I have played (and beat) alot of Zelda Games too:

• The Legend Of Zelda (NES)
  • Zelda 2: Link's Adventure (NES)
  • A Link To the Past (SNES) - beaten
  • Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
  • Ocarina Of Time (N64) - played over like 10 times through. The last time with 3 hearts.
  • Majora's Mask (N64) - beaten
  • Wink Waker (GC) - beaten
  • ALTTP: Four Swords (GBA)
  • Twilight Princess (GC, Wii) - beaten
  • Phanthom Hourglass (DS) - beaten

omishboy4831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 omishboy4831
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts
as far as zelda games go the ones with the cell shaded graphics are great in terms of game play and replay value but only have a problem with the length of time needed to play for in order to beat the game. The Oracle games were awesome and extremely difficult. I also agree that nintendo should make a 3d zelda game but maybe include touch screen puzzles or a top screen 3d and lower screen overhead shot for touch screen controls (similar to trace memory). I guess we will just have to wait.
Byugrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Byugrant
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Phantom Hourglass is awesome. I don't know how anyone can hate it. Although the first hour is kind of boring. The rest is Great.
ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts
I loved this game, and played it for several hous, but I quite after going through the Temple of the Ocean King for the 20th time. It got old.
tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

To put it another way, if you were in a room with 1000 people 998 people would think you're crazy for not liking it.

Jaysonguy

well, based on this forum, i'd say 90% of people like this game. Me being one of those 90%, i think this game is awesome, it uses so many different things the ds is capable of that's really outside the box. (closing the screen to solve a puzzle at one point, i don't really wanna give it away)

Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
if u dont like zelda ph u r not a true gamer enough said!!