petiton to get rid of friend codes *sign here*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AdvancedFighter
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AdvancedFighter
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

sign here if you wish to send a note to nintendo showing that you are against wii friend codes

ADVANCED FIGHTER

my reason for this is because with games like battalion wars 2 and SSBB coming out i wish to have a free online play instead of getting a bunch of people's codes to play with them. and also the wii comes with parental controls that can be used to block online play if commanded and there also should be voice masking. NINTENDO NOT ALLWII OWNERS ARE PEDOPHILES!!!

killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts
Petitions don't work.

If it bothers you that much, get an Xbox.

I'll be content playing Nintendo franchises online, even if I have to sell my soul to the devil and wear a thong.

EDIT:   BTW, another thing that really pisses me off is people who have no idea what they are talking about.  Just so you know, if its juts like the online DS games, you dont have to have friend codes to play people, you can play online against rivals, regional or worldwide whatever, but if you want to set up a friends list of people you like to play, you can do that to.  And I never had to type in friend codes, because putting ppl on my list I didn't know was pointless to me, and all my friends were already in it due to playing locally.

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Never going to happen, its not just because of pedophiles online, its because Nintendo's online service is free, so its not as advanced as 360.
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AdvancedFighter
Petitions don't work.

I'll be content playing Nintendo franchises online, even if I have to sell my soul to the devil and wear a thong.
killerkop
umm k that last sentance was kinda werid
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AdvancedFighter
why is everyone so negative
Avatar image for NoFanboyzPlease
NoFanboyzPlease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NoFanboyzPlease
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts
Never going to happen, its not just because of pedophiles online, its because Nintendo's online service is free, so its not as advanced as 360.hazbazz
PS2 online is also free and it doesnt have friend codes.
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdvancedFighter
Never going to happen, its not just because of pedophiles online, its because Nintendo's online service is free, so its not as advanced as 360.hazbazz
well 360 has a silver member ship which is free and comes with the 400 one and also has gold which costs money so dont tell me what a 360 can or cannot do because i own one
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _vacant_
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts
[QUOTE="killerkop"]Petitions don't work.

AdvancedFighter
umm k that last sentance was kinda werid

the fact is, nintendo will do what they want, the friend codes can be just as versatile as an XBL gamertag (should they choose to implement it in such a fashion) and even if they dont, its not that much of a pain to deal with anyway (IMO)

AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AdvancedFighter
ok lets get to the point - are you for the petition or against-
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AdvancedFighter
flame me? whats that are you tring to get me banned
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _vacant_

why is everyone so negativeAdvancedFighter

because its unreasonable to think a single thread on a message board at gamespot will affect any change in nintys online plans.   Moreover, online petitions like this serve no purpose cus its kinda hard to prove that the person signing it havnet just created random accounts.  companies pay no mind to these things.  and besides, nintendo knows about the anti FC stand most people hold

AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AdvancedFighter
sorry for trying to make nintendo have a better online experience
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hazbazz
flame me? whats that are you tring to get me bannedAdvancedFighter
no, flaming is shouting abuse at someone, like if I said "OMG shut up this has been said so many times before get out of here you idiot!" that would be flaming lts more likley to get ME banned, so I dont do it
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hazbazz
sorry for trying to make nintendo have a better online experienceAdvancedFighter
apology accepted
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AdvancedFighter
I know, instead of friend codes we can just used sperm and egg samples

killerkop
why is everyone at gamespot so mean im going back to using IGN
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _vacant_

sorry for trying to make nintendo have a better online experienceAdvancedFighter

its not that,  this just isnt the way to go about it. 

AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AdvancedFighter

[QUOTE="AdvancedFighter"]sorry for trying to make nintendo have a better online experience_vacant_

ive tried this at ign and at nintendo and it seemed to have an impact on some of the people using it and really tried to help out the cause
_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _vacant_
[QUOTE="_vacant_"]

[QUOTE="AdvancedFighter"]sorry for trying to make nintendo have a better online experienceAdvancedFighter

ive tried this at ign and at nintendo and it seemed to have an impact on some of the people using it and really tried to help out the cause

ok, so you got people to agree with you, most people will, and some people want to do something, but after getting those people..   how did you "help the cause".  What measures have you taken to get the FC system cahnged.   have you taken everyones contact info and real signatures and sent a genuine petition to nintendo?  have you spoken to any nintendo reps? or possibly the gaming media so they would pay attention to this issue , and possibly force nintendos hand?
axillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 axillia
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
ok, so you got people to agree with you, most people will, and some people want to do something, but after getting those people.. how did you "help the cause". What measures have you taken to get the FC system cahnged. have you taken everyones contact info and real signatures and sent a genuine petition to nintendo? have you spoken to any nintendo reps? or possibly the gaming media so they would pay attention to this issue , and possibly force nintendos hand?_vacant_
I think that's his next step :P
hiren_nfsmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 hiren_nfsmw
Member since 2005 • 2210 Posts

AdvancedFighter: why is everyone at gamespot so mean im going back to using IGN

Hey listen people in GS are not mean... they are just saying that its not going to work. Listen to them, they are more intelligent than you and I. Especially the ones who arehigher level than you. Sorry if your few days at GS has been bad.

Evilsmiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Evilsmiler
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts
We should have done an online hunger strike instead!. :lol:
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Why dont you save your whining for when there are actual details about online play, and not just people throwing around what they will or wont like.
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdvancedFighter

AdvancedFighter: why is everyone at gamespot so mean im going back to using IGN

Hey listen people in GS are not mean... they are just saying that its not going to work. Listen to them, they are more intelligent than you and I. Especially the ones who arehigher level than you. Sorry if your few days at GS has been bad.

hiren_nfsmw
hey son dont tell me what to do pl
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Petition the wii-vote suggestion box then.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts
[QUOTE="hazbazz"]Never going to happen, its not just because of pedophiles online, its because Nintendo's online service is free, so its not as advanced as 360.NoFanboyzPlease
PS2 online is also free and it doesnt have friend codes.

Yeah, but unlike Nintendo, Sony left the online portion of games all up to developers using their own servers and crap, there was naught a unified account-system like you see on XBX Live!, it was a pain in the utter ass having to create a new account (using the slow keyboard-input via DualShock method due to lack of USB keyboard support in most titles) for every single game I got that I thought was worthwhile to play online.  And the fact there was no unity in the online service, it meant no global friend-list, ignore-list, and etc to have handy.

I'll take friend-codes (per system, unlike per title as like the DS) over that anyday.