Petition to have Robin Williams in his fav game series LoZ

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

As many of you Zelda fans already know, Robin Williams was a huge Zelda fan. He was such a big fan that he even named his daughter Zelda. Know they are trying to have a petition to have one of the NPCs to be named after him. I think that is a small gesture to memorialize him. If you think about it he was probably a such a big fan he promoted it to many of his friends. This is the least Nintendo can do to a huge fan who promoted their game to hundreds if not thousands people.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/nintendo-of-america-name-an-npc-in-the-new-legend-of-zelda-game-after-robin-williams

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Spam is bad

This is also crap, if it didn't happen when he's alive there's no point now

Oh good, so he can not enjoy it because he's dead, just a selfish request from selfish people who want to feel better about themselves by doing something that means nothing to the person it's about.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I fail to see what kind of goal this would accomplish. I mean it's really cool that he was a Zelda fan, but I know a lot of Zelda fans. When I die am I going to be an NPC because I loved the series?

I'm ready to move on from this Robin Williams thing. The man suffered from depression, had some issues too. Sad that he died, but it's sad that people die in this world every day.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it would be cool...hope it happens.

nintendo has responded

Here is what Nintendo had to say on the matter:

“Robin Williams was loved at Nintendo.” offered a Nintendo spokesperson. “Our hearts go out to his entire family, and especially to Zelda Williams who we’ve worked with multiple times.

“We appreciate the outpouring of support from the gaming community, and hear the request of fans to honor him in a future game. We will not be discussing what might be possible for future games during this difficult time, but we will hold our memories of Robin close.”

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Let me know if it ever happens, until then meh.
Williams was cool, but I don't care about gaming online petitions.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

It would be nice if the localization team makes a random, nameless NPC quote some of his famous lines and talk about how he named his daughter after Princess Zelda. Something that's subtle, but can be noticed by Robin's fans. Nothing more.

This petition is a nice gesture, and I'm surprised by how fast it's been spreading (even TMZ is talking about it), but there are much better ways to honor the man.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd be down for it. I realize there are more important things and issues in the world, but RW was literally my childhood. Would be a nice gesture from Nintendo for sure.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Lame... No disrespect to Mr. Williams but this makes no sense.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's unnecessary. There are already people out there paying tribute to the man. One of my favorites being:

If Nintendo decides to put an NPC in there, great. I don't think an online petition is going to sway them, though.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

This is also crap, if it didn't happen when he's alive there's no point now

Oh good, so he can not enjoy it because he's dead, just a selfish request from selfish people who want to feel better about themselves by doing something that means nothing to the person it's about.

Honestly I agree with you. I really dislike when people wait for someone to pass away before they do something nice to honor them. Nintendo knew he named his child after a series they created, they should have done something to honor him while he was still alive if they were going to do so not wait until the guy passed.

I really hated hearing that he passed as he was a big part of my childhood but people pass everyday. No life is more important than another. I hope his family are doing alright and that they can cope with their loss.