Perfect Dark on the Nintendo DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSkyHMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSkyHMaestro
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I recall reading from somewhere that the Nintendo DS is just as capable, performance wise, as the Nintendo 64, if not moreso, and the 3DS will easily topthat. (And that the Playstation Vita is actually more powerful than the Playstation 3, but we're keeping it to the Nintendo consoles here). That being said, regarding an FPS classic, could it have been possible for Rare to have re-released Perfect Dark on the Nintendo DS (or, on the 3DS) had Microsoft not owned the company?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

the Playstation Vita is actually more powerful than the Playstation 3

TheSkyHMaestro

What. :|

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4261 Posts

I recall reading from somewhere that the Nintendo DS is just as capable, performance wise, as the Nintendo 64, if not moreso, and the 3DS will easily topthat. (And that the Playstation Vita is actually more powerful than the Playstation 3, but we're keeping it to the Nintendo consoles here). That being said, regarding an FPS classic, could it have been possible for Rare to have re-released Perfect Dark on the Nintendo DS (or, on the 3DS if this little 'inhibitor'...) had Microsoft not owned the company?

TheSkyHMaestro
You just brightened up my day just a little bit :) I don't see why not, since Perfect Dark was actually released on X-Box Live.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSkyHMaestro"]

I recall reading from somewhere that the Nintendo DS is just as capable, performance wise, as the Nintendo 64, if not moreso, and the 3DS will easily topthat. (And that the Playstation Vita is actually more powerful than the Playstation 3, but we're keeping it to the Nintendo consoles here). That being said, regarding an FPS classic, could it have been possible for Rare to have re-released Perfect Dark on the Nintendo DS (or, on the 3DS if this little 'inhibitor'...) had Microsoft not owned the company?

outworld222
You just brightened up my day just a little bit :) I don't see why not, since Perfect Dark was actually released on X-Box Live.

That's because MS owns Rare, and by extension owns the Perfect Dark IP, so no chance of Perfect Dark coming out on the 3DS.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
[QUOTE="outworld222"][QUOTE="TheSkyHMaestro"]

EliteM0nk3y

That's because MS owns Rare, and by extension owns the Perfect Dark IP, so no chance of Perfect Dark coming out on the 3DS.

Not entirely true. MS allowed Rare to develop a Viva Pinata title for the DS, so it's still possible that while MS has no interest in releasing a handheld device of there own, they could see fit to tap the market in another way by developing games for the already available systems.
Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

I hated the Perfect Dark game for the Nintendo 64 back then. I still hate it today.

I really dont believe that there are actually any Perfect Dark fans. At all.

Avatar image for superfalcon1234
superfalcon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 superfalcon1234
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSkyHMaestro"]

the Playstation Vita is actually more powerful than the Playstation 3

Rod90

What. :|

i think .......... ps3> vita > ps2.....

is the 3ds stronger than GC ???

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

I hated the Perfect Dark game for the Nintendo 64 back then. I still hate it today.

slamminjammin69
This game, Goldeneye and the Turok games, created a standard in the FPS genre. Also, they are/were wicked fun.
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4261 Posts

slamminjammin69
True, but you gotta love the idea behind this iteration. Very ambitious game.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="slamminjammin69"]

King_Dodongo
This game, Goldeneye and the Turok games, created a standard in the FPS genre. Also, they are/were wicked fun.

All of them rock. Specially Turok.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"][QUOTE="slamminjammin69"]

Rod90

All of them rock. Specially Turok.

Agreed, to me I order them like this: T2>T1>TRG>T3