Original Source of the Zelda Rumors: Claims that its a sequel to Majora's Mask

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

Article from http://thewiire.com/blog/post/6183-rumor-new-zelda-wii-details-leaked

Popular Japanese message board, 2chan, has reportedly posted a plethora of leaked details on the upcoming new Wii Zelda title. The leak reveals that time travel will play a role in the game, with Link being "The Hero of Time".

The leaked details were spotted by an IGN Boards member, who subsequently translated the Japanese details into English.

It is worth noting that prior leaks by 2chan have proved accurate, including every Kingdom Hearts game, Metal Gear 4, Resident Evil 4 and 5, and every Square Enix RPG. Zelda Informer also notes that 2chan broke details of The Wind Waker's story in 2003 roughly two months before release. However, at this point these are all unconfirmed details.

• The game will diverge from the established dungeon-field-dungeon gameplay ****(confirmed by Aonuma)

• You can select whether you're right or left-handed, and Link will have the same handedness as you

• The basic mechanics and gameplay elements are done, and they're currently working on the story, dungeons and developing characters. Among them are an innkeeper in the town where Link lives and her young son, who looks up to him

• Steve(the mastersword girl) is not the master sword, and as of now there are no plans for Link to get the Master Sword in the game. Her name is Aderu (maybe Adelle, but I think might be Adella; Rough translation, can't be sure), and she's not your typical companion like Ezlo or Midna, in that she's rarely there with you. What you see in the piece of concept/promotional art isn't her real face (this isn't elaborated on)

• Link's main weapon is a sword with different unlockable abilities, which Aderu communicates with you through

• Horseback combat is back, with a more intelligent Epona that is better at avoiding obstacles

• The character models for Link, Epona, and the Gorons have all been modified and touched up, but they're the only ones, suggesting no Zelda or Ganon (or entirely new models for them, it is also possible they just weren't mentioned for whatever reason..)

• This Link is the Hero of Time (presumably grown up after MM, but he didn't say)

• There is time travel (again, he didn't delve into it)

• The game does NOT take place in Hyrule

The Hero of Time's return sounds to many like a sequel to 2000's "Majora's Mask", with time travel playing a helping hand in that storyline.

Is a leak this detailed possible? Perhaps. As The Wiire reported last week, we believe Nintendo may announce an official title, release date, screenshots and video footage in March at the upcoming Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Last year, the company used GDC to announce "The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks" for the DS; this year they may do the same for the new Wii Zelda title.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

There are other threads.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IMAHAPYHIPPO

There are other threads.

LegatoSkyheart

Ive read them. They don't divulge all of these rumors, nor do they site the origins of the post.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Yeah but it's the same information. It's a bit redundant to just make the same topic 3 times.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

the biggest thing that troubles me about this information is the fact that "steve" isn't the master sword.

Why in the world would Nintendo tell an artist to not give link a sword, and to create a girlish figure that very closely resembles the sword? She doesn't a 100%, but she does resemble the sword... anyone can see that.

I still honestly believe that she's some incarnation of the MS

Plus, I swear I remember reading somewhere that this was TP's Link. I guess the article didn't actually say it was a sequel to MM though.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IMAHAPYHIPPO

the biggest thing that troubles me about this information is the fact that "steve" isn't the master sword.

Why in the world would Nintendo tell an artist to not give link a sword, and to create a girlish figure that very closely resembles the sword? She doesn't a 100%, but she does resemble the sword... anyone can see that.

Plus, I swear I remember reading somewhere that this was TP's Link. I guess the article didn't actually say it was a sequel to MM though.

danger_ranger95

i mean the thing you have to remember about such a picture is that this is the FIRST and ONLY piece of artwork we've seen of the game. It could very well represent a female human/elf (whatever race they are) companion, and they just hadn't modeled her yet.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

IMAHAPYHIPPO

i mean the thing you have to remember about such a picture is that this is the FIRST and ONLY piece of artwork we've seen of the game. It could very well represent a female human/elf (whatever race they are) companion, and they just hadn't modeled her yet.

very true,

but again... even if this particular character isn't/wasn't finished at the time of the reveal, why have an artist make her resemble the sword? To trick people?

Again, I still feel that she's some form of the MS, whether an actual body, or some spiritual form.

xSuperBlobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 xSuperBlobx
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

danger_ranger95

very true,

but again... even if this particular character isn't/wasn't finished at the time of the reveal, why have an artist make her resemble the sword? To trick people?

Again, I still feel that she's some form of the MS, whether an actual body, or some spiritual form.

She looks more like that fairy from Wind Waker than the Master Sword.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

xSuperBlobx

very true,

she does some what.... but again... why would Nintendo have an artist create a girl that's similar in features (to the MS) and have Link holding no sword?

The big blue jewel, her criss-crossed leggings, etc.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

No It's not going to be a direct sequel to MM that wouldn't work well. It maybe could be in Termina still but not a direct sequel

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

[QUOTE="xSuperBlobx"]

very true,

danger_ranger95

she does some what.... but again... why would Nintendo have an artist create a girl that's similar in features (to the MS) and have Link holding no sword?

The big blue jewel, her criss-crossed leggings, etc.

If you believe that girl resembles the Master Sword, it doesn't mean it does. I don't find any correlation between both, she doesn't even look like a sword,but I can be wrong too.

I would like a MM sequel though.

SolemnJedi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolemnJedi79
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
She resembles A sword, doesn't have to be the Master Sword. Game development changes all the way through, originally it may have been the MS but then they decided to create a new sword for the game. A sequel to MM would make sense, it's a cult favourite. I just hope it's not as time locked as that game.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#13 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
I will have a heart attack of happiness if this is true. That is, if it's a return to OoT's Hyrule and not Termina. I'd like to see Link return there as an adult and revisit OoT's characters, which I found to be the best in the Zelda series.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Misleading title.. it doesn't "claim" anywhere that it's going to be a sequel to MM.

If you believe that girl resembles the Master Sword, it doesn't mean it does. I don't find any correlation between both, she doesn't even look like a sword,but I can be wrong too.

gulfo

Yep no similarities at all. :P

I still think she is the Master Sword as well, it just can't be a coincidence with Link not holding a sword. Unless it was just a tease (which I really doubt) or the idea has been scrapped since the art was released.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I think by Majoras Mask it means the 3rd game in the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask timeline. It doesn't necessarily mean that the game has anything to do with Majora's Mask gameplay/character or takes place in Termina. It's just what happens to that Link after Majora's Mask. Personally I'd rather this be either a sequel to Twilight Princess or a new story all together. I'm so sick of anything Ocarina of Time related. Although I'm sure I would still love whatever Zelda game comes out.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

I think that poster we saw was concept art plain and simple. I hope she is not the master sword. If she was, she would be a transformer for that time period, would would be dumb. It would be really cool if this game took place in Termina though. Just no so many side quests this time.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IMAHAPYHIPPO

No It's not going to be a direct sequel to MM that wouldn't work well. It maybe could be in Termina still but not a direct sequel

Cruse34

With Majora's Mask being a sequel to Ocarina of Time, I think putting you back into the shoes of the original Hero of Time would work very well. Just because it's a sequel to Majora's Mask doesn't mean it's going to be anything like it.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danger_ranger95

I still think she is the Master Sword as well, it just can't be a coincidence with Link not holding a sword. Unless it was just a tease (which I really doubt) or the idea has been scrapped since the art was released.

Erebyssial

thanks for supplying the picture, I didn't feel like doing so earlier :P

as to the "scrapped idea" issue....

there is no way that this is just concept art. It might very well be just a "concept" piece, but this game is very, very close to being finished. They might be tweaking the story, and etc. but gameplay is finished, done, wrapped up by now. The last things they do while finishing a game is polishing the graphics, and fixing bugs, maybe some story elements that don't make sense for certain reasons. Gameplay is the first thing they tackle, because whether people understand it or not... it's what the main part of the game is all about. Trust me... it's finished, even when this piece of artwork was released.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we see a demo this year sometime (E3, TGS, Nintendo confrence, etc.)

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IMAHAPYHIPPO

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

danger_ranger95

thanks for supplying the picture, I didn't feel like doing so earlier :P

as to the "scrapped idea" issue....

there is no way that this is just concept art. It might very well be just a "concept" piece, but this game is very, very close to being finished. They might be tweaking the story, and etc. but gameplay is finished, done, wrapped up by now. The last things they do while finishing a game is polishing the graphics, and fixing bugs, maybe some story elements that don't make sense for certain reasons. Gameplay is the first thing they tackle, because whether people understand it or not... it's what the main part of the game is all about. Trust me... it's finished, even when this piece of artwork was released.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we see a demo this year sometime (E3, TGS, Nintendo confrence, etc.)

and may i ask where you got this information? reggie said in an interview last week that the zelda team was working on the dungeons and the story, and the only thing set in stone is the gameplay. there's quite a bit of game left to be developed.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

It can't be a sequel to MM cuz link never made it back to hyrule. remember? hyrule was destroyed an flooded. then WW came along. So OOT link is dead. Itsa completely new era. i went back and looked at an interview with Miyamoto on IGN and he siad a completely DIFFERENT era.

"Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html

and that its not going to be very different from the original zelda formula. Dont expect a HUGE change. I made a mistake last time and misread the article and believed it was a sequel to TP. Since it is not a sequel we might see Ganondorf again. idk

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Like I said in all the other topics, I don't subscribe to the rumor mill. They can claim "oh they guessed this and they guessed that" but I bet just as many of thier predictions didn't pan out.
Joeker96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Joeker96
Member since 2009 • 828 Posts

I try not to get carried away with rumors but this one definately seems a lot more believable than the others, and considering its past record it could, very possibly be right.

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts

• Steve(the mastersword girl) is not the master sword, and as of now there are no plans for Link to get the Master Sword in the game. Her name is Aderu (maybe Adelle, but I think might be Adella; Rough translation, can't be sure), and she's not your typical companion like Ezlo or Midna, in that she's rarely there with you. What you see in the piece of concept/promotional art isn't her real face (this isn't elaborated on)

IMAHAPYHIPPO

when I read this I stopped beleiving, aonuma (I´m not 100% sure it was him) pretty much confirmed it a while ago

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
some info here sound more sure of it than the "might be's" that the other threads have, so i doubt those are true. i think those guys are just starting to say anything to see if anything fits in the end. sequel to majora's mask? very, VERY unlikely.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]• Steve(the mastersword girl) is not the master sword, and as of now there are no plans for Link to get the Master Sword in the game. Her name is Aderu (maybe Adelle, but I think might be Adella; Rough translation, can't be sure), and she's not your typical companion like Ezlo or Midna, in that she's rarely there with you. What you see in the piece of concept/promotional art isn't her real face (this isn't elaborated on)hyrueprince11
when I read this I stopped beleiving, aonuma (I´m not 100% sure it was him) pretty much confirmed it a while ago

Confirmed what? Source?

sequel to majora's mask? very, VERY unlikely.BrunoBRS
Just like Wind Waker having cel-shaded graphics right? If that game taught us anything, it's that in this series anything can happen.

But either way this is all just speculation on rumours that may not even be true so it's too early to call anything really.

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hyrueprince11

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"][QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]when I read this I stopped beleiving, aonuma (I´m not 100% sure it was him) pretty much confirmed it a while agoErebyssial

Confirmed what? Source?

sequel to majora's mask? very, VERY unlikely.BrunoBRS
Just like Wind Waker having cel-shaded graphics right? If that game taught us anything, it's that in this series anything can happen.

But either way this is all just speculation on rumours that may not even be true so it's too early to call anything really.

I´ll see if I can get a link but the thing is that there was an interview were aonuma (well I´m not 100% sure it was aonuma) but in the interview he said that some of the speculations with the artwork were actually true and well as far as I know the master sword thing is the only speculation with the artwork

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]sequel to majora's mask? very, VERY unlikely.Erebyssial

a change in graphics is more likely than bringing back an old mechanic (be it time travel or the masks thing) to make another direct sequel when the director already said he wants to move out of the typical formula, and even though majora's mask is very different in many aspects, it's still a "dungeon -> field -> dungeon" game, and a pretty strict one if you ignore the sidequests. and if they want to move away from the stuff they've done over and over during the series, it sounds obvious that repeating something from another game, or even repeat the time travel/hero of time thing won't happen.

but of course, that's all speculating over speculation.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 danger_ranger95

and may i ask where you got this information? reggie said in an interview last week that the zelda team was working on the dungeons and the story, and the only thing set in stone is the gameplay. there's quite a bit of game left to be developed.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Lol

because taking in what we know about the game so far.... it's been in developement for at least 4 years, if not close to 5.

Game play mechanics are finished. The engine is finished. M+ inclusion is finished.... everything that you do to control theLink is finished. Trust me!

I don't care what Reggie says (because these people are full of bs sometimes, it's their job), the game is close to being finished. Especially since they said it will release in 2010 (which I highly doubt). Taking that into consideration, let's say the game will release (if it does) this holiday season. That gives it a timeframe of Oct 2010- early Dec 2010 (If I had to bet and it did release this year, I'd go with Nov). Being that it's late January, that gives the game around 7 months.

Yes, a lot can be done in 7 months, but when you compare 7 months to 4 years.... it isn't anything. Again, trust me... the game is probably in it's Aplha/Beta stages by now, and Nintendo is justperfecting it at thesestages. Especially if they plan on releasing it this year.

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

Erebyssial

That's a nice detailed comparison, but you are watching what YOU (and other fans) want to see, some call that preconceived perception in psychology, as you can also form the image of jesus or satan with clouds in the sky. I for instance can perceive an image of the Master Sword in the outfit of Zelda in this picture, those that means Zelda is the incarnation of the Master Sword? no.

But that's not the point of the thread anyway.

I think that a Majora's Mask sequel doesn't imply the same mechanics as the aforementioned game or OoT. It would just be the story after the incidents in MM, adding a completely new gameplay. What happened to Link after leaving Termina and it's seen riding epona in the Lost Woods (presumably) at the end of MM? Did he manage to find Navi? He went back to Hyrule or any other unkown realm to continue his search? Just some queries I have.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Great, if these rumors are true about time travel coming back in this game then the Zelda timeline is going to get even more ****ed up than it already is. I mean, as if OoT didn't make things complicated enough already we're going to have yet another split in the timeline to argue about.

I get the feeling that AVGN was right when he said that there really is no timeline to the Zelda franchise, that every game is self-contained, and that Nintendo is just trying to play to core fans by pretending that there actually is some sembalance of coherency in the timeline.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

I have a theory. While reading my AP U.S. History book i noticed something in one of the pics. I found the triforce imprinted on a wall where the emperor was walking.:o

This Zelda game will reveal the truth behind Japan and the message behind the Zelda series and may possibly reveal to the people of this world that the triforce truly exists. Therefore starting World War 3:P. lol seriously people its just rumors. As real as they may sound they are rumors. There is no MM sequel. Miyamoto already siad that the era is completley different from all the others on IGN. :D

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

I get the feeling that AVGN was right when he said that there really is no timeline to the Zelda franchise, that every game is self-contained, and that Nintendo is just trying to play to core fans by pretending that there actually is some sembalance of coherency in the timeline.

gameguy6700

oh he was definitely right as far as im concerned. As ive said before in the past the "timeline" will never ever match up and nintendo doesn't really need to even worry about it since its not important what so ever to each games overall plot and the experience. There are nods and lore from past games but its to give the games world an overall atmosphere and feeling.

And as far as these rumors go, they should all be taken with a grain of salt since nobody knows for sure and lets not forget nintendo is really hush hush when it comes to these things which leads me to believe there's no way this much detail got out on to a message board when we dont even have a trailer, (and there's no way im trusting 2ch).

And i believe the girl in the picture is the sword, no one can deny the similarities and even Eiji Aonuma said in an interview a while back that some of the speculation about the picture was true and since there's very little to speculate from that picture other than that id say its a safe bet. Link may not use the master sword in the game but that does not mean the spirit wont help him at times.

This game has been in development since about right after TP (according to a few articles, one being in GI) so its pretty far along by now. But all in all im gonna keep my expectations in check, and im not gonna let the hype get out of control for me, all im expecting is a decent zelda experience, nothing more nothing less.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS

I have a theory. While reading my AP U.S. History book i noticed something in one of the pics. I found the triforce imprinted on a wall where the emperor was walking.:o

This Zelda game will reveal the truth behind Japan and the message behind the Zelda series and may possibly reveal to the people of this world that the triforce truly exists. Therefore starting World War 3:P. lol seriously people its just rumors. As real as they may sound they are rumors. There is no MM sequel. Miyamoto already siad that the era is completley different from all the others on IGN. :D

painguy1

actually, i don't remember where in wikipedia i read, but the triforce symbol is actually a symbol from some dynasty in japan.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IMAHAPYHIPPO

I´ll see if I can get a link but the thing is that there was an interview were aonuma (well I´m not 100% sure it was aonuma) but in the interview he said that some of the speculations with the artwork were actually true and well as far as I know the master sword thing is the only speculation with the artwork

hyrueprince11

And how do you know that he's not referring the speculation made by the wiire? Like the fact that it's a Majora's Mask sequel.

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hyrueprince11

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"]

IMAHAPYHIPPO

And how do you know that he's not referring the speculation made by the wiire? Like the fact that it's a Majora's Mask sequel.

the only thing that is speculated about the artwork is that steve (aka sword girl) is the master sword

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"]

hyrueprince11

the only thing that is speculated abiut the artowrk is that steve (aka sword girl) is the master sword

or that she's the fairy queen from wind waker. not as commented, but much more obvious, IMO

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Zanthros/ZeldaWiiFairyQueen.png

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

oh he was definitely right as far as im concerned. As ive said before in the past the "timeline" will never ever match up and nintendo doesn't really need to even worry about it since its not important what so ever to each games overall plot and the experience. There are nods and lore from past games but its to give the games world an overall atmosphere and feeling.

I never applied to the timeline theory, my theory has always been if there is something to theorize about, its that Legend of Zelda is actually just a legend. A story told by a bunch of people, that share similarities but also has many differences. Like the legend of say Hercules. The nods to past games not including direct sequels like Majora's Mask are just there for the fans. I don't think Nintendo has any intention to create a coherent storyline. They do just enough for it to make some kind of sense, since they know fans will attempt to dissect some kind of order out of it.
hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hyrueprince11

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"]

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

BrunoBRS

the only thing that is speculated abiut the artowrk is that steve (aka sword girl) is the master sword

or that she's the fairy queen from wind waker. not as commented, but much more obvious, IMO

even when I can´t deny that steve could be the fairy from the wind waker I think that the master sword theory makes more sense, especially when link has a sword but no shield

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"]

hyrueprince11

even when I can´t deny that steve could be the fairy from the wind waker I think that the master sword theory makes more sense, especially when link has a sword but no shield

i think "sword girl" doesn't make half as many sense as "she looks EXACTLY like the fairy queen, there must be a connection". it's not because link doesn't have a sword in the picture that automatically whatever is around instantly becomes the personification of the sword.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
I hope it really is a sequel to majora's mask, that was my #2 Zelda Game (TP being first, so sue me). if they can make a good hybrid with TP's stronger story and Majora's Mask's number of stories (or sidequest, i see them all as their own individual stories), then it will definately be making its way to my #1
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

Sepewrath

I never applied to the timeline theory, my theory has always been if there is something to theorize about, its that Legend of Zelda is actually just a legend. A story told by a bunch of people, that share similarities but also has many differences. Like the legend of say Hercules. The nods to past games not including direct sequels like Majora's Mask are just there for the fans. I don't think Nintendo has any intention to create a coherent storyline. They do just enough for it to make some kind of sense, since they know fans will attempt to dissect some kind of order out of it.

Exactly, I've always seen it the same way myself. Each one is a self contained story but almost the same story retold in many different ways which is exactly what a legend is.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

There are other threads.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Ive read them. They don't divulge all of these rumors, nor do they site the origins of the post.

Except that you got your information wrong. The info wasn't from IGN, it started at GameFAQs in December. Boom!

Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Giga-Goomba
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

WOW Nintendo might be getting there groove back on! Along with other M, these look amazing and I will cry tears of joy if the Hero of time returns!