OMG I'm Definitely Getting Zombi U (WiiMote Support CONFIRMED)

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Fact is that no games are good with motion controls.

soundcellx

I can listen and respect opinions but seeing someone claiming 'facts' is bothersome.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

thetravman

I can listen and respect opinions but seeing someone claiming 'facts' is bothersome.

As someone who has played video games for around 25 years, I attest to normal controllers being far superior to motion controlled trash. Thank freaking goodness the Wii U isn't using motion controls this time around.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?campzor

Yes. It's a vast improvment over dual analog,

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 goblaa

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

One of the game's gimmicks is realism. The second screen is meant to take your focus off the action while doing specific tasks, but you still have the option to look at the main screen to check if the surroundings are safe. It creates tension in a survival horror setting. That's one thing I guess.

thetravman

Again, why the need for the second screen? Why not just have your inventory/whatever pop up on the TV over tha action? Just hold Z to bring up your inventory and release to put it down. You could use the pointer instead of your finger then. AND it would allow you to use the wiimote, so there would be vastly better aiming plus motion+ bat controls and the like.

I doubt that will present the same level of realism and tension when your view is right beside your inventory. You can easily see movement as opposed of focusing on a seperate screen/view. I forgot to mention also that managing these tasks also forces your hand off the buttons, putting you in an off-guard position. With the pointer controls you mentioned, you're basically always in position and all you have to do is release a button. This gamepad method really sounds like an inconvenience in a typical game but I feel it works in a game like this where there is an extreme emphasis on survival.

I would imagine your inventpry/whatever would cover the whole tv.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 soundcellx

[QUOTE="campzor"]people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?goblaa

No it isn't. Motion controls suck and dual analog is vastly superior over crappy motion controls.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?soundcellx

No it isn't. Motion controls suck and dual analog is vastly superior over crappy motion controls.

Two words, aiming accuracy.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

As someone who has played video games for around 25 years, I attest to normal controllers being far superior to motion controlled trash. Thank freaking goodness the Wii U isn't using motion controls this time around.

You're not the only one who has been gaming for 25 years. Either way your opinion =/= fact. Especially when the majority agree that many games took advantage of the Wiimote. Was there a lot of trash? Yes. But it worked for a lot. Also the Wii U pad has motion controls.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 soundcellx

Also the Wii U pad has motion controls.Kaze_no_Mirai

The PS3 dualshock controller has sixaxis, but do people call it a motion controller? NO. Is the Wii pad's primary function to flail it around like a moron? NO.

Also it's funny how much of the time the cursor with the Wiimote so easily goes off the screen and you're like, "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, CURSOR, DAMN THESE INFERIOR INACCURATE MOTION CONTROLS!".

Yeah, as a matter of fact, motion controls are vastly inferior.

I mean, why the hell can't I play one of my favorite video game series of all time, Zelda, WITH NORMAL CONTROLS (Skyward Sword). (Although that would not fix the game's casual-ness or linearity). I mean, I have been playing video games all my life, and normal controllers work perfectly, and motion controls just don't work and they are garbage.

Anyhow, I can't flippin' wait to be able to play video games NORMALLY with the dual stick of the Wii U pad.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]Also the Wii U pad has motion controls.soundcellx

The PS3 dualshock controller has sixaxis, but do people call it a motion controller? NO. Is the Wii pad's primary function to flail it around like a moron? NO.

Also it's funny how much of the time the cursor with the Wiimote so easily goes off the screen and you're like, "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, CURSOR, DAMN THESE INFERIOR INACCURATE MOTION CONTROLS!".

Yeah, as a matter of fact, motion controls are vastly inferior.

I mean, why the hell can't I play one of my favorite video game series of all time, Zelda, WITH NORMAL CONTROLS (Skyward Sword). (Although that would not fix the game's casual-ness or linearity). I mean, I have been playing video games all my life, and normal controllers work perfectly, and motion controls just don't work and they are garbage.

Anyhow, I can't flippin' wait to be able to play video games NORMALLY with the dual stick of the Wii U pad.

Your setup must have had some major calibration issues. RE4 works perfectly with the Wiimote for example and I can't understand why the PS3 version didn't support move.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

The PS3 dualshock controller has sixaxis, but do people call it a motion controller? NO. Is the Wii pad's primary function to flail it around like a moron? NO. soundcellx
You said that it wasn't using motion controls, period. Made no mention of how it is implemented and is irrelevant as well as competing devices functions. Also "flailing like a moron" is not how you play or are supposed to, but if that's how you choose to do it, so be it.

Also it's funny how much of the time the cursor with the Wiimote so easily goes off the screen and you're like, "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, CURSOR, DAMN THESE INFERIOR INACCURATE MOTION CONTROLS!".soundcellx

Yeah, it may happen once in a while, if you don't use it correctly. WM+ mostly took care of it completely.

Yeah, as a matter of fact, motion controls are vastly inferior. soundcellx
Vastly inferior? Maybe for certain things. Sounds like an opinion though.

I mean, why the hell can't I play one of my favorite video game series of all time, Zelda, WITH NORMAL CONTROLS (Skyward Sword). (Although that would not fix the game's casual-ness or linearity). I mean, I have been playing video games all my life, and normal controllers work perfectly, and motion controls just don't work and they are garbage. soundcellx

Again. An opinion. I believe, along with many others that Skyward Sword had fantastic controls. Many disagree, that's why they are opinions. The mechanics certainly were not broken though.

Anyhow, I can't flippin' wait to be able to play video games NORMALLY with the dual stick of the Wii U pad.soundcellx
Hope you enjoy it.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

That's still an opinion, not a fact.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

Again, why the need for the second screen? Why not just have your inventory/whatever pop up on the TV over tha action? Just hold Z to bring up your inventory and release to put it down. You could use the pointer instead of your finger then. AND it would allow you to use the wiimote, so there would be vastly better aiming plus motion+ bat controls and the like.

goblaa

I doubt that will present the same level of realism and tension when your view is right beside your inventory. You can easily see movement as opposed of focusing on a seperate screen/view. I forgot to mention also that managing these tasks also forces your hand off the buttons, putting you in an off-guard position. With the pointer controls you mentioned, you're basically always in position and all you have to do is release a button. This gamepad method really sounds like an inconvenience in a typical game but I feel it works in a game like this where there is an extreme emphasis on survival.

Now you have no chance of seeing any incoming danger unless it pauses the gameplay. In that case, the immersion is gone.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 goblaa

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

thetravman

Now you have no chance of seeing any incoming danger unless it pauses the gameplay. In that case, the immersion is gone.

How is that any different than looking down? Your eyes are off the TV. Besides, if the inventory is based off holding a button down, as soon as you need to get back to the action you just release. Super fast.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i also agree wiimote is better than dual analog for any game that requires aiming.

as for motion controls in regular games.... sometimes it enhances your experience and makes you feel more like your part of the game..... other times it feels a bit unnecessary...depends on the game.

thuglove2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 thuglove2005
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

oh no game pad for me or pro contro thats the way to play this game

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Looks like new trailer for multiplayer has the guy using the Pro Controller, Since WiiMote is listed on the box it's still possible they could be used for SP.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/12/zombiu-survivors-vs-zombies

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I will demo it before I buy it. If WiiMote is not playable through the main story, I may have to pass on this one.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 thetravman

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

goblaa

How is that any different than looking down? Your eyes are off the TV. Besides, if the inventory is based off holding a button down, as soon as you need to get back to the action you just release. Super fast.

You're thinking of terms of convenience. This game's gimmick is immersion. Sorting through equipment while in a tense situation should not be as easy as letting a button go.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Why would u want single player without game pad? One of the main points is using the game pad for inventory and scanning for items or whatever you do.
perfectdark69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 perfectdark69
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

I was hoping to never, of course by never I mean never ever, have to use the Numchuck / Wiimote again.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] I've yet to see ZombiU do anything that couldn't be done with a single screen.goblaa

One of the game's gimmicks is realism. The second screen is meant to take your focus off the action while doing specific tasks, but you still have the option to look at the main screen to check if the surroundings are safe. It creates tension in a survival horror setting. That's one thing I guess.

I haven't seen everything their doing with the gamepad, so I'm sure they will surprise us with some really inventive uses, but it just seems like I'd rather play with the wiimote. It's just like pikmin3. It uses the gamepad, but it seems to run a lot better with the wiimote.

If used properly, the gamepad can be great (Nintendo land has shown that too me so far) but I doubt many games will do more then put an inventory on the screen
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 soundcellx

I was hoping to never, of course by never I mean never ever, have to use the Numchuck / Wiimote again.

perfectdark69

This

Motion controls are for babies.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

goblaa

I would argue that the inventory covering the whole screen would break the immersin itself. Whereas, it being on the gamepad means that you can glance up at the screen every now and then.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#75 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="perfectdark69"]

soundcellx

This

:roll:.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="perfectdark69"]

Michael0134567

This

why are people still replying to him? :?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]
This

jeffster85

No idea.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 soundcellx

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] :roll:.Michael0134567

No idea.

because i'm cool and people like me.

Oh, motion controls suck. One of the very worst things to happen to gaming. Good thing the Wii U is going back to semi-normal controls with dual sticks! So there.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="jeffster85"] why are people still replying to him? :?soundcellx

No idea.

Oh, motion controls suck. One of the very worst things to happen to gaming. Good thing the Wii U is going back to semi-normal controls with dual sticks! So there.

yea have fun playing nintendo land with your 3 extra 50$ wiiU pro controllers!...lol...

you can use it for super mario U also...oh wait...no you can't!

wiimote is alive and well...in call of duty too because wiimote motion control is superior to dual analog for aiming.. you can at least admit that right?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] No idea.KBFloYd

yea have fun playing nintendo land with your 3 extra 50$ wiiU pro controllers!...lol...

you can use it for super mario U also...oh wait...no you can't!

wiimote is alive and well...in call of duty too because wiimote motion control is superior to dual analog for aiming.. you can at least admit that right?

Wiimote is great for FPS games, well when it is done right it is :P. There are some that it feels pretty off in, but then there are ones like Medal of Honor, that I actually had a blast playing online with my buddy. That was a pretty fun game :).

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

why are people still replying to him? :?jeffster85
Because he makes me feel smart by comparison.

soundcellx

Care to elaborate?