old school vs. new school

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shorelineryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 shorelineryan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
How many people out there are finding themselves more compelled to play older generation systems and games over the latest generation systems? I love em all, and will take the time to play any and all of them. Just curious where everyone else is at this stage of gaming.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
I play a mix of old and new games. I play lots of Wii games, but also like to go back to PS2 and Gamecube games, and lots of VC games
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Games are games, but its natural to take interest in the next big thing. When it comes to old school gaming though I prefer it retro form with the original controller, plugging in the cart. Not Virtual Console.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
I spend most of my time on the Wii games but there are some excellent cube games still to finish. The V.C gets a bash from time to time just for nostalgia. There are few games on there (apart from the TG ones) that i haven't already completed back in the day
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

I was luckly enough to be rased on the NES, i still love old school games........

Time's were differnet, gaming was still a neich market and it was much smaller that it is today.

but of course i play alot of Wii adn GCN games, but the VC is always in my heart!

soupstendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soupstendo
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
i agree. i been going back to older games too. you gotta mix it up. plus every game that comes out on 360 or ps3 has so much shine in it i wanted to give my eyes a rest. old school is something you can always count on
shorelineryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 shorelineryan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I've been a diehard since the Coleco, and must admit I am simply all about fun. Most of the new systems and companies releasing games have lost touch with this fundamental concept. Graphics are for sure important, but the more "real" it gets, the less thought is being put into the creative element. I still love old school more than new school due to the fact that it took more thought to create a style in all areas of development. Limitations in hardware always leads to more refined concepts and interesting gameplay.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I've been a diehard since the Coleco, and must admit I am simply all about fun. Most of the new systems and companies releasing games have lost touch with this fundamental concept. Graphics are for sure important, but the more "real" it gets, the less thought is being put into the creative element. I still love old school more than new school due to the fact that it took more thought to create a style in all areas of development. Limitations in hardware always leads to more refined concepts and interesting gameplay.shorelineryan
Shadow Of The Colussus and Okami are great examples of making the most with very little in 3D. Amazing design, amazing gameplay.
Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts
I was playing for awhile on my fatty PS2 but then I stopped to perserve what life is left in it till I can get a slim. But right now I notice I am playing on my gamecube and Xbox more then anything else and from time to time the SNES more often then anything else.
SystemShock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SystemShock2
Member since 2003 • 4172 Posts
i like newer games, but i wish they were more challenging like the older ones. I don't want something frustratingly impossible, but something that's not a walk in the park. If only there were more games like ikaruga.
Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

i like newer games, but i wish they were more challenging like the older ones. I don't want something frustratingly impossible, but something that's not a walk in the park. If only there were more games like ikaruga.SystemShock2

one game that is semi challenging is RE:4 when its on the higher difficultys since there are some parts you just keep dying at and just stuck on how to be fast enough to get through it.

Avatar image for insaneskater139
insaneskater139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 insaneskater139
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts

old school and new school...its the same but now we have better graphics

its all the same...they both kick @$$

heblish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heblish
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts
i second last post
Avatar image for My_man_Clemence
My_man_Clemence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 My_man_Clemence
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
Hey guys, play God Hand.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

Hey guys, play God Hand.My_man_Clemence

Why? The game funny but is pratically half finished.

valdarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 valdarez
Member since 2003 • 2174 Posts
I like the fact that I can purchase the old gen games for my new gen console. I just think they are all overpriced.
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts
All I play on the Wii nowadays is VC games, I still need to get a new WiFI USB for my Wii to download some games and to get back online with Mario Strikers Charged.
Avatar image for TheEternalGamer
TheEternalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEternalGamer
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts
Well, I guess having both Twilight Princess and RE4 for Wii and still being at the beginning of both games while I play VC games constantly says it all. I'm not as hardcore as I used to be, but I have enough VC games to jump around to if I get tired of one.