okamiden news next week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Checari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Checari
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

you guys know about the okamiden stuff right? how it might be an okami sequel? well theres going to be news next week

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=22509

im a big okami fan myself so i would love a sequel

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
If this is real, I wonder when the story is supposed to take place. Will it be about Ammy's untold exploits a hundred years ago, or her journey to the celestial plane?
Checari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Checari
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

If this is real, I wonder when the story is supposed to take place. Will it be about Ammy's untold exploits a hundred years ago, or her journey to the celestial plane?Head_of_games

thatd be cool. or maybe itd be a side story with issun?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#4 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I can't wait to see what this is all about.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I will be so happy when this is a new Okami!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
ooooooo kewl. i wonder if itll be a wii game or if itll be on the other consoles? id love to use the wii controls again (loved okami controls on the wii) but at the same time id love to see what the devs could do with the extra horsepower to make a bigger spectacle of the game. ....maybe they should make it for the PC...best of both worlds :D. still this is the wii forum and i hope we have a crakcer on our hands. either that or someone is taking the whizz.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I don't care Okami was really bad

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
if it is actually a sequel (which i still doubt), they better not make the story suck >_> but considering japan still has to get their wii version of the game, it might be just short for "okami densetsu" (because all games sell better if they have "densetsu" on the title :P)
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

Okami is the best game on the Wii and one of my favorite of all time so I am pumped about an Sequel. I know some people don't want it attempted since Clover Stuidos is now disbanded but I trust the new guys will do well. Hope this is all true and it comes out for the Wii.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I will be so happy when this is a new Okami!

tom95b

Agreed

GameOracle13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GameOracle13
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts
More Okami? Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming.
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

Cruse34

Okami is awesome! At least give a reason why it's bad.

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

Anything Okami related gets me super excited. Next week's Famitsu cant release quick enough. :)

Its a shame that Platinum games probably wont be working on this, and also a shame it probably wont be made for the Wii. Capcom's support hasnt exactly been stellar, and another Okami will be a risk anyway.

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

tom95b

Okami is awesome! At least give a reason why it's bad.

Meh, prolly a troll. Or tasteless.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Anything Okami related gets me super excited. Next week's Famitsu cant release quick enough. :)

Its a shame that Platinum games probably wont be working on this, and also a shame it probably wont be made for the Wii. Capcom's support hasnt exactly been stellar, and another Okami will be a risk anyway.

eveileb-ekam
well in alot of ways a wii version would make sense. as far as i know the wii version outsold the PS2 version despite haveing a smaller userbase. so clearly the wii has an okami fanbase. combine that with a buch bigger userbase now compared to when okami was released and significantly lower dev costs compared to other consoles and it would certainly be tempting to make it for the wii. capcom know its not going to sell milions of units no matter what they put it on (it doesnt have mass appeal)...so a wii release may make more sense.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts
[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

osan0
well in alot of ways a wii version would make sense. as far as i know the wii version outsold the PS2 version despite haveing a smaller userbase. so clearly the wii has an okami fanbase. combine that with a buch bigger userbase now compared to when okami was released and significantly lower dev costs compared to other consoles and it would certainly be tempting to make it for the wii. capcom know its not going to sell milions of units no matter what they put it on (it doesnt have mass appeal)...so a wii release may make more sense.

A Wii release for most games not released on the Wii makes sense, or at least ports. So far, developers have proved unwilling to create stuff on the Wii, and publishers have been unwilling to fund big projects on the Wii. I dont deny what you say is true - and I would adore a new Okami game on the Wii. Sadly, because of a ridiculous, irrational and stupid trend, I really dont think its going to happen. If it does, Ill gladly eat my words.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Probably my favorite game on the Wii. I just don't want to get my hopes up but a second one would be too awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
wow, I thouht this was just a lil rumor.... interesting :)
ScthenicAerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ScthenicAerie
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts
I hope this is true. :D
ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Okamiden, huh? If it's a sequel to Okami, I'd buy it! I guess that Wii port wasn't a bad idea....

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Interesting, I liked the game on the Wii and thought that controls were spot on (after practice). I would wonder whether or not this would be for Wii though, as it could easily be PC/360/PS3 multiplat, but I would hope for the controls sake that it goes to the Wii.

How could the story go? I've wondered about this...

-SPOILERS- (how do you make that spoiler tag again...I forgot the code :?)
So about halfway through Okami you met that girl who was locked in the emperors palace. You save her and she says some stuff about how she has no memory of her past, and you also find out that she is the daughter of Mr. Bamboo, so you head to Sasa Sanctuary and watch a cutscene with her and her father. The cutscene involved her hopping in a spaceship type thing and flying off into space.

My question would be- did that ever get tied up in the game, because I don't remember ever seeing her in it after that point. Is that a potential way to continue the story...or am I missing something?

-End Spoilers-

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I've said it more than once before and I'll say it again. Okami doesn't need or should have a sequel.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Interesting, I liked the game on the Wii and thought that controls were spot on (after practice). I would wonder whether or not this would be for Wii though, as it could easily be PC/360/PS3 multiplat, but I would hope for the controls sake that it goes to the Wii.

So about halfway through Okami you met that girl who was locked in the emperors palace. You save her and she says some stuff about how she has no memory of her past, and you also find out that she is the daughter of Mr. Bamboo, so you head to Sasa Sanctuary and watch a cutscene with her and her father. The cutscene involved her hopping in a spaceship type thing and flying off into space.

My question would be- did that ever get tied up in the game, because I don't remember ever seeing her in it after that point. Is that a potential way to continue the story...or am I missing something?

-End Spoilers-

dragonball3900

That's from Japanese folk lore. It's just one of the many folklore things they have in the game there's really no need to continue on with it.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

[QUOTE="osan0"][QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

eveileb-ekam

A Wii release for most games not released on the Wii makes sense, or at least ports. So far, developers have proved unwilling to create stuff on the Wii, and publishers have been unwilling to fund big projects on the Wii. I dont deny what you say is true - and I would adore a new Okami game on the Wii. Sadly, because of a ridiculous, irrational and stupid trend, I really dont think its going to happen. If it does, Ill gladly eat my words.

Capcom is going to put it on the Wii. Capcom and Nintendo, seem to creating a friendship. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if it was for Wii. The other canidate is PS3. But most likely Wii. I would however, be shocked if it was for 360 :shock: We don't know if it is or is notOkami yet. It would be a big disapointment if it wasn't...or if it was a lame Spin off.

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"][QUOTE="osan0"] well in alot of ways a wii version would make sense. as far as i know the wii version outsold the PS2 version despite haveing a smaller userbase. so clearly the wii has an okami fanbase. combine that with a buch bigger userbase now compared to when okami was released and significantly lower dev costs compared to other consoles and it would certainly be tempting to make it for the wii. capcom know its not going to sell milions of units no matter what they put it on (it doesnt have mass appeal)...so a wii release may make more sense.AmayaPapaya

Capcom is going to put it on the Wii. Capcom and Nintendo, seem to creating a friendship. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if it was for Wii. The other canidate is PS3. But most likely Wii. I would however, be shocked if it was for 360 :shock: We don't know if it is or is notOkami yet. It would be a big disapointment if it wasn't...or if it was a lame Spin off.

Okami Kart anyone? :P
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Sorry to be the wet blanket but even if there was new Okami there is no guarantee of it coming to the Wii. Remember the original Okami, even though it was a port and of course massive sells aren't expected, it still performed quite poorly commercially. It was also a pretty big failure on the PS2 so, I think if there is another one, there's a good chance of it going to handheld.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonball3900"]

-End Spoilers-

Minishdriveby

That's from Japanese folk lore. It's just one of the many folklore things they have in the game there's really no need to continue on with it.

is it that hard for people to get it? okami is completely based on the legend of the sun "goddess" (genderless, but everybody treats ammy as a girl :P), amaterasu. everything you see in the game is based on japanese mythology. amaterasu's story ends at the end of the game. i doubt the devs would throw away one of the most important factors in the game just to release a (unneeded) sequel.