Okami - $19.99 from Capcom(?!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fennec_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fennec_fox
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

For those who care - Capcom is offering Okami directly from their Capcom USA Online Store for $19.99! At this price it would be criminal not to get it, so those of you who never tried it - this is your chance! And no, this is not a sales pitch - I just hate to see such critically acclaimed game to sell so poorly because it did not have "Nintendo" or "Zelda" attached to it. Twenty bucks for a brand new game that scored 9's and 10's to me is once in a lifetime opportunity...

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

A link for your shopping ease

fennec_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fennec_fox

A link for your shopping ease

pjacobson21

Thanks, forgot to inlude the link in the original post :)

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I paid $18 for Okami at Amazon 3 weeks ago, plus a little extra for shipping and handling. I'm already set ;)
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Great game. Great price.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Have it on PS2, great game!
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

there's no reason not to buy this game

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

riou7
Other than the broken controls. :P
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
wth i bought it at 50 bucks whatever, it's worth it
daniel_br

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 daniel_br
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts

amazing game and great price.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts
I have really been looking into this game lately, with the new price I don't have anymore excuses for not trying it out;)
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Cool.The PS2 version appears to be $20,too; I'll buy that version instead.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
[QUOTE="riou7"]

Skie7

lol only the fleet foot or whatever that dodge thing is, is broken. Well sometimes the bloom/cherry bomb doesn't work, but I think the PS2 version sometimes does that too right?
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
[QUOTE="Skie7"][QUOTE="riou7"]

Chojuto

lol only the fleet foot or whatever that dodge thing is, is broken. Well sometimes the bloom/cherry bomb doesn't work, but I think the PS2 version sometimes does that too right?

I have trouble with the waggle attack working. I never had any problems with the celestial brush.
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts

I heard the Wii version was good but it had a few control issues when compared to the PS2 version. I definitely want to get Okami but I haven't decided the platform =/

fennec_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fennec_fox

I heard the Wii version was good but it had a few control issues when compared to the PS2 version. I definitely want to get Okami but I haven't decided the platform =/

kayn83
Actually, I found Wii controls not that bad at all... Selestial brush for example was practically built for the Wiimote :) And Wii version also has full 16:9 widescreen support and progressive scan, which PS2 version does not...
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
[QUOTE="kayn83"]

fennec_fox
Actually, I found Wii controls not that bad at all... Selestial brush for example was practically built for the Wiimote :) And Wii version also has full 16:9 widescreen support and progressive scan, which PS2 version does not...

Yeah, you gotta remember that when you're selecting. I love the Wii version, personally.
HotRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HotRevolver
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts

Don't buy it, standard shipping is $8.95 you're better off just buying it off Amazon or in stores.

fennec_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fennec_fox

Don't buy it, standard shipping is $8.95 you're better off just buying it off Amazon or in stores.

HotRevolver
Just so happens that Capcom site is where I found about the price cut, but you are right... Doesn't matter where, Amazon, Gamestop, EB Games, or Capcom - just buy it already! :)
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

Now, that $20 price tag for Okami Wii, is that only on the web, or is it also in stores? I'm going to the movies with my boyfriend later and I'm pretty sure a stop at either Eb Games or Gamestop is on the agenda. Gamestop has some pretty smokin' deals to be had.

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

I would have this game but of course my brother brakes it!

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="Chojuto"][QUOTE="Skie7"][QUOTE="riou7"]

How is fleet foot broken? The only troublesome thing is making straight lines but that is easily fixed with the 'Z' button.
fennec_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fennec_fox

Now, that $20 price tag for Okami Wii, is that only on the web, or is it also in stores? I'm going to the movies with my boyfriend later and I'm pretty sure a stop at either Eb Games or Gamestop is on the agenda. Gamestop has some pretty smokin' deals to be had.

RatchetJunkie20
Looks like the price drop is also in effect in physical stores - both EB and Gamestop have it listed at $19.99
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chojuto

[QUOTE="Chojuto"][QUOTE="Skie7"] Other than the broken controls. :Pfirefox59

I have trouble with the waggle attack working. I never had any problems with the celestial brush.

Ohh you mean with reflectors and glaives? Those gave me a little bit of trouble at first too, but actually you just need to time it. Sometimes it may feel like the timing for the reflectors are a little unfair, but to me it beats just spamming waggle with the beads.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chojuto
[QUOTE="Chojuto"][QUOTE="Skie7"] Other than the broken controls. :Pfirefox59

How is fleet foot broken? The only troublesome thing is making straight lines but that is easily fixed with the 'Z' button.

Fleet foot is the move where you shake the nunchuck and Ammy dodges right? I shook the nunchuck in the same direction a few times and sometimes Ammy might dodge in a different direction. It kinda turned me off for really using that in battle. Does it work right for you?
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
Only buy this on the Wii version...Trust me. You can skip long text if you want to(especially valueable for 2nd playthroughs) and the brush strokes are much faster, which keeps you in the game more. Wii version is much better to me, and pretty much every reviewer as well.
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Chojuto"] lol only the fleet foot or whatever that dodge thing is, is broken. Well sometimes the bloom/cherry bomb doesn't work, but I think the PS2 version sometimes does that too right?Chojuto

Fleet foot is the move where you shake the nunchuck and Ammy dodges right? I shook the nunchuck in the same direction a few times and sometimes Ammy might dodge in a different direction. It kinda turned me off for really using that in battle. Does it work right for you?

Fleet foot does not work... Though you don't need it at all. Only broken technique.
Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Thats robbery for a game as fine as this. I may just have to pick it up, even though I already have the PS2 version
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

19.99$ also on amazon.ca http://www.amazon.ca/Capcom-Okami/dp/B000Z9A95M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1238358075&sr=8-2

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
i don't like those games. so no thanks
newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

for those who don't have this game, go ahead and buy it. its a great little game, i'd enjoyed it a lot. it was well worth playing. :D

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
If you haven't bought this game yet then you are missing the top game on the Wii. Plus more sales=better chance for a sequel.
Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
Yeah I've seen this game at the same price at just about every other store I've been too. It's really good news for me, since I plan on purchasing some good new games for my birthday. I plan to pick up this one, and probably No More Heroes and Umbrella Chronicles or Zack and Wiki. Either way, I want to go on a Wii shopping spree. :D
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
Actually, I found Wii controls not that bad at all... Selestial brush for example was practically built for the Wiimote :) And Wii version also has full 16:9 widescreen support and progressive scan, which PS2 version does not...fennec_fox
I didn't have any problems with the Wii controls either. Drawing with the Wiimote worked great, and the waggle controls worked very well too. Dodging with the Nunchuck was a bit too sensitive, but I rarely used it and I completed the game without any problems. This game is just great, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Raizak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Raizak
Member since 2008 • 335 Posts

I bought the Wii version for $40 and I call that a bargain price. Okami's story is so long, and even after you beat it, you got New Game+ and plenty of sidequests. So at the price of $20, this is definately a must-buy for PS2 and Wii owners. I actually think the Wii controls are an improvement to the game.