Ok So I Want To Pre-Order Brawl But..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

omgburgerking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 omgburgerking
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts

I've never pre-ordered a game before..I'm sort of confused, if I pre-order online well I be able to pick it up at a store, or must I pre-order it at the actual store so I can pick it up there? I usually buy my games at best buy or target, I've once ordered a game from eb games, and that was a horrible experience, it came so late, so any suggestions on a retail store or whatever that you have had good experience with pre-ordering at in the past? Thanks in advance.

(Please note this thread is more about pre-ordering process than it is brawl, so that's why I didn't include it in the SSBB sticky) =)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'd wait, there's going to be better deals the closer it gets.

I mean everyone who got Mario Galaxy at launch only paid 25 bucks or got a game for free with it. I expect the same sorts of deals with Smash.

Bobert66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bobert66
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
i preorder in store at gamestop and that always works well for me, i have brawl reserved there now as a matter of fact
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
i just pre-ordered brawl at EB Games yesterday all you do is go up to the sales guy and say id like to pre-order Super Smash Bros. Brawl
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

I mean everyone who got Mario Galaxy at launch only paid 25 bucks or got a game for free with it. I expect the same sorts of deals with Smash.

Jaysonguy

thats highly unlikely since most of those deals were on black friday.

but to answer the question. if you pre-order online it is shipped unless other wise stated. if you pre-order at the store you have to pick it up there. i pre-order because i always pick it up at my gamespot anyways since its close and it usually arrives on time.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

dinofan01

thats highly unlikely since most of those deals were on black friday.

but to answer the question. if you pre-order online it is shipped unless other wise stated. if you pre-order at the store you have to pick it up there. i pre-order because i always pick it up at my gamespot anyways since its close and it usually arrives on time.

No they weren't, launch week of Galaxy wasn't during black Friday. There were deals then too but most games go on sale or give away something launch week.

I don't see the point of doing business with a questionable company and paying them for the privilege to pay full price.

Avatar image for xMeHRuNeSDaGoNx
xMeHRuNeSDaGoNx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 xMeHRuNeSDaGoNx
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
i've had brawl pre-ordered at gamestop for more than a year already paid in full. they never getmy reservations wrong, therefore resulting in another happy gamer:)
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
I also have Brawl Pre-ordered at Gamestop :)
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Don't let Gamestop fool you into thinking you have to preorder. Games never sell out. As long as you don't go to Gamestop you'll be able to find plenty of copies upon release.

trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts
if there's a game that i thought i needed to pre-order (SMG, GH3, etc.) i always do it at my local gamestop. the people that work at my GS are pretty awesome people and always hook me up (i had pre-ordered GH3 and they sold out of all of them, so one of the employees gave me one he purchased the night before)
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
I pre-ordered it at a local GameStop the day pre-orders became available. This game is going to sell a lot and if Halo 3 taught me anything, the earlier you pre-order, the earlier the game. My friend pre-ordered Halo 3 late and was in a lower tier pre-order at his GameStop, so he got it a couple of weeks late, but still got it before non-pre-orderers.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

My friend pre-ordered Halo 3 late and was in a lower tier pre-order at his GameStop, so he got it a couple of weeks late, but still got it before non-pre-orderers.JAB991

Your friend could have went to any other store besides Gamestop and bought it on release day. Why do people think that the only store they can buy games is Gamestop?

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#13 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

Only Walmart is slow at releasing games on time, making the fear of a game "selling out" all the more there. -_-

But then again...it IS Brawl...

mikhailk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mikhailk5
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
This week CircuitCity has a deal that if you pre-order Brawl you will get a $10 gift card when you pick up the game. Check their weekly ad for more info.