Ok, sell me on the Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kakotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 kakotan
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts

Ok, I have been thinking about buying a Wii U. Your job is to sell me on it before tomorrow!
Ready, set, GO!!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@kakotan said:

Ok, I have been thinking about buying a Wii U. Your job is to sell me on it before tomorrow!

Ready, set, GO!!

199$ new cheaper than a 3DS

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat570935

kakotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kakotan

nah games give me great game play, games, I like the way mario world 3d looks, but not heard good stuff on some of the newer games this years, doesnt seem that many came out this yr , is that bad thing? beside i would get one of the 32 gb deluxe ones that come with a game, is that new mario lvl builder game fun to play for those who want to do lvls but not build them? Need more to make up my mind, good start KBFloYd but if you dont give me a better argument i may not get it lol

KBFloYd

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KBFloYd

@kakotan said:

nah games give me great game play, games, I like the way mario world 3d looks, but not heard good stuff on some of the newer games this years, doesnt seem that many came out this yr , is that bad thing? beside i would get one of the 32 gb deluxe ones that come with a game, is that new mario lvl builder game fun to play for those who want to do lvls but not build them? Need more to make up my mind, good start KBFloYd but if you dont give me a better argument i may not get it lol

KBFloYd

games eh?

--xenoblade X releasing december might be the best Jrpg of the gen.

-all your zelda fantasies come to life? hyrule warriors lets you use everyone from hyrule king to princess ruto of the zoras! 100 hours and more of content.

-platformers? look no further than the new mario maker....the 2d mario game to last you a lifetime...invite your friends to play and nothing but laughter insues.

-tired of call of duty sucking for years now? no problem...the next evolution of the call of duty formula...Splatoon. best shooter in 3 years.

3rd party?
why not try monster hunter 3 ultimate... get you monster hunter on complete with online 1080P 40 fps...
or bayonetta 2? rated perfect 10s by many many game sites!

---

still not conviced?

why not list the rest..

-windwaker HD....possibly the best zelda ever now remade for the gamepad.
-mario 3d world...perfect for having 2 or 3 friends or family over for insane fun.

OH WAIT!

youre a solo gamer....no friends? you want more online?

-smash bros...the perfect blend of skill and casuals... 8 player offline...4 player online ...lols fun!
-mario kart8...best mario kart since mario kart DS....prepare for bullshit and rage!
-but wait splatoon thrives online too!
-monster hunter already mentioned...
-xenoblade will have online
mario maker is online of course

for only 200$ ???

why not?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBFloYd

oh and wiiU is backwards compatible

you can play wii games!

kakotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kakotan

that siute has used systems btw, monster hunter 3 ultimate is that fun, what genre?

monster hunter 3 ultimate

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd

@kakotan said:

that siute has used systems btw, monster hunter 3 ultimate is that fun, what genre?

monster hunter 3 ultimate

monster hunter is a japanese sensation! they buy it in the millions over there....

many clones have come out...toukiden,soul sacrifice, god eater...

but the original is always the best. nintendo bought the MH franchise this gen to secure the 3DS winning japan.

so now you can enjoy this game on wiiU....

its kind of like an action RPG.... you gather materials to build your armor and potions....then you fight big monsters and craft your armor and weapons from materials you get from defeating the monster.

so you get stronger and stronger with each fight.

it is very addicting.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

@kakotan:
Unless you like platformers, then don't bother. Unfortunately, outside of Splatoon, there is little that we all haven't seen plenty of times. And, unfortunately for Nintendo, the other systems' platforming lineup has caught or exceeded Nintendo's 1st party lineup, and at a cheaper price. Anyway, the pros and cons:

Pros:
1) Back compat with the wii.
2) A few good games.
3) Lower initial price point.
4) External USB HD for storage expansion.
5) Wii peripherals work on the system.

Cons:
1) Too few games.
2) Too little diversity in said games.
3) Software prices are stupid. (Although this seems to be getting slightly less ridiculous.)
4) Few multi-platform games, including the biggest games each year.

I've thought about buying a Wii U a couple of times, but the value just isn't there for me as my X1 already has too many games to play and the Wii U's exclusive offerings are lackluster, to put it mildly.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KBFloYd

@xisiuizado said:

@kakotan:

Unless you like platformers, then don't bother. Unfortunately, outside of Splatoon, there is little that we all haven't seen plenty of times. And, unfortunately for Nintendo, the other systems' platforming lineup has caught or exceeded Nintendo's 1st party lineup, and at a cheaper price. Anyway, the pros and cons:

Pros:

1) Back compat with the wii.

2) A few good games.

3) Lower initial price point.

4) External USB HD for storage expansion.

5) Wii peripherals work on the system.

Cons:

1) Too few games.

2) Too little diversity in said games.

3) Software prices are stupid. (Although this seems to be getting slightly less ridiculous.)

4) Few multi-platform games, including the biggest games each year.

I've thought about buying a Wii U a couple of times, but the value just isn't there for me as my X1 already has too many games to play and the Wii U's exclusive offerings are lackluster, to put it mildly.

yea listen to this guy.

**** the WiiU!

its trash...

**** it.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Smash 4 and pushmo, maybe bayonetta 2. That's about it really.

Smash 4 alone made it more than worth it for me. A lot of skill involved, and it's easy to pick up and play.

Splatoon is an extremely casual shooter, no real tournaments, no money, no esl, dreamhack, etc. It's a kids game. If you want a real shooter play cs:go. The fact that people on gamespot are A+ rank in that game is all you need to know.

Xenoblade may be good.

Pokken looks amazing, but that's not coming for awhile.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xisiuizado

@KBFloYd:
It isn't trash, it just isn't competitive. There is a difference.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KBFloYd

@xisiuizado said:

@KBFloYd:

ill take splatoon,mario, star fox, and smash bros over both your xbox and plasyation librarys put togther.

but then ive been gaming for 30 years. im not some stupid kid noob.

kakotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kakotan

yeah i want it, just the trend looks like i might be buying it late, but then i have nieces and nephews that could play the games with me and that is what draws me back to it, and I love Mario platformers also i saw some videos on The Xenoblade Chronicles X and it looks great, just so few games for it..... I sure hope that new Zelda game comes out on it for sure!!

gametula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gametula
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

You can check out my blog on why I came back to Nintendo you may find some reasons you can relate to there. http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/why-i-fell-out-of-love-with-nintendoand-came-runni/26075191/

Although the games library is a little thin, the first party exclusives offer more than enough to keep you entertained. Contrary to some of the comments its not all about platformers... however to enjoy the Wii U you are going to have to like Nintendo OPs as third party games are in slim pickings.

These would be my recommendations

Platformers - Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Yoshi's Wooly World

Action Adventure - Legend of Zelda The Windwaker, Hyrule Warriors, Most of the Lego Games, Assasins Creed Black Flag, Zombie U

Puzzle - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Racing - Mario Kart 8, Sega All Star Racing,

Fighting - Smash Bros,

Plus there are some gems on the eStore that should also be considered.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@kakotan said:

Ready, set, GO!!

If you have been playing video games for years and years maybe you want a different way to play them. The Wii U Gamepad gives you another way to play games with the touch screen and gyro controls (Splatoon and soon Star Fox Zero). If you liked the Wii, you will like that you can also play games on the Wii U that use motion control like your old Wii games and Wii Sports Club (a Wii U game) for examples. Wii U Sports Club is like Wii Sports, but it looks better and has more features.

Not all of the games for the Wii U use the touch screen in big way, but the ones that do work really well, some examples: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Slpatoon, and Super Mario Maker. All games are generally enhanced with the touch screen display.

The Gamepad is nice for off-TV play, and anything that requires you to type. The Gamepad works great for posting on Miiverse, Nintendo’s online community. In your journal in your profile you are easily able to post screen shots of the games you are playing, and write journal entries for yourself and others to peruse in the community. Others can comment on your journal entries, encourage you, and just talk about the games like we do around here. The Gamepad comes with a stylus and you can make sketches in your journal, which others can see. You will be amazed at the artwork of others. There is an art application on Nintendo e-Shop called Art Academy Home Studio. The application allows you to make pictures with representations of pencils, charcoals, pastels, and paint. This is wonderful if you like to do art yourself or you have children.

Contrary to what is commonly stated around here, there are 3rd party games for the Wii U, just not all of them. Some of the 3rd party games I own are Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U edition by namco, Rapala Pro Bass Fishing by activision, and Disney Infinity by avalanche software and disney interactive studios.

The primary reason to buy a Wii U is to play Nintendo games. Some of the main Nintendo games that I own and would recommend are: New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, and Wii Sports Club. For people that like Nintendo the first party games don’t get old in the same way that the successors don’t get old for other brands.

Other Nintendo games to think about that are already out are: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and Pikmin 3.

Nintendo games that are yet to be released include: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, The Legend of Zelda Wii U, Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Yoshi’s Wooly World.

There are vast amount of retro games in the Virtual Console, Wii Ware, and Nintendo e-shop.

Finally, getting a few Amiibo will add interest to your gaming experience.

kakotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kakotan

Thanks guys, I appreciate this. I got another PS4 instead, so my brother and i can play together so he has one now, we had a ps3 and 360 between the both of us and gamestop had a great deal for 100.00 each towards a ps4 or xbox1, so got the destiny taken king PS4, ty though, I will get their next system as i feel it will come out next yr

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I wish you and your family thousands of hours playing the games you love.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Thats a shame, you and your brother could have had so much fun playing smash, mario kart, 3d world, pikmin 3, dk tropical freeze, all on one console together.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Best exclusives across all the platforms. WiiU is just my favorite console right now. I love the games for it. The only downside is that it's life is going to end pretty soon. It's a failure in terms of sales and junk, but it's certainly fun.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KBFloYd

@kakotan said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate this. I got another PS4 instead, so my brother and i can play together so he has one now, we had a ps3 and 360 between the both of us and gamestop had a great deal for 100.00 each towards a ps4 or xbox1, so got the destiny taken king PS4, ty though, I will get their next system as i feel it will come out next yr

you have two shit stations? haha

oh well... enjoy your gamming bro.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@kakotan said:

Smart move, pick the console that has the most games and most support

Considering the Wii U just lost another game this year and it looks like it will be a console without a Zelda game I think you made a wise choice.

See if the next console Nintendo makes is worth having, don't jump on board this one that's already abandoned.

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xisiuizado

@KBFloYd said:
@xisiuizado said:

@KBFloYd:

ill take splatoon,mario, star fox, and smash bros over both your xbox and plasyation librarys put togther.

Wow, so much anger. I know Nintendo disappoints, but you shouldn't take it personally or so hard. I've been gaming since I was 6, so that's 34 years...now get off my lawn! :D

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KBFloYd

@xisiuizado said:
@KBFloYd said:
@xisiuizado said:

@KBFloYd:

Wow, so much anger. I know Nintendo disappoints, but you shouldn't take it personally or so hard. I've been gaming since I was 6, so that's 34 years...now get off my lawn! :D

nice comeback.... its like i didnt own you.

congrats.

disapointed in splatoon and mario maker? nah

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xisiuizado

@KBFloYd said:
@xisiuizado said:
@KBFloYd said:
@xisiuizado said:

@KBFloYd:

nice comeback.... its like i didnt own you.

congrats.

You didn't. While it usually is true that someone who tries distraction or personal attacks has no more ammunition for a debate, in this case I was responding to "but then ive been gaming for 30 years. im not some stupid kid noob."

Basically, stating that you'd "take splatoon,mario, star fox, and smash bros over both your xbox and plasyation librarys put togther," shows that you are either trolling or clueless. I understand the clueless part, as I was shocked at the diverse plethora of games available on the X360 when I traded my Wii towards it.

However, I digress. Splatoon, "mario" (Seriously, name the title(s).), Star Fox (Isn't out, looks like a GC/Wii game.), and Super Smash Brothers are NOT better than Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Child of Light, and the near infinite number of other high quality games available on the XBox One.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@kakotan said:

Uh it's not coming out next year, but info on it will be given

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

At this time I would really wait for NX to see what that is. Unless you have the option of playing with friends on couch and love playing MK and smash. Or you love xenoblade or have never played wind waker. These would be the main reason not to wait, the rest is ok but not must have imo and can wait.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@KBFloYd: we get it your opinion weighs more than other peoples. Seems legit

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jcrame10

@xisiuizado: to be fair, star fox got pushed back to next year. I think they realized it looked like shit and was going to end up more barebones than a CoD campaign. Hopefully they're adding an online multiplayer component to it. Especially now with the release date so close to Ratchet & Clank. Star Fox could easily be blown out of the water as a a platformer/space shooter. We will see how much they polish it up. Hopefully the content turns out way better than what was initially shown.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: we get it your opinion weighs more than other peoples. Seems legit

i dont mind different opinions but when its mostly negative towards nintendo then i dont like hearing it.

if someone doesnt like nintendo then why not just shut your mouth if you have nothing good to say....or if you want to say something then say it in away that doesnt come off as insulting.

i see my retard comment got deleted :P

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jcrame10

@KBFloYd: probably by a mod. Interestingly enough, your comments here are more negative and personal than anyone else's.

It's insane how you reply to people who have legit arguments and facts. You don't like people saying something negative about a company? Is it really that big of a deal and close to you? Seems unhealthy.

Why is it okay for you to have no facts or reason to hate ps or xbox, all you do is say "shitstation." Sounds pretty negative. Maybe you should take your own advice and shut the **** up.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: probably by a mod. Interestingly enough, your comments here are more negative and personal than anyone else's.

It's insane how you reply to people who have legit arguments and facts. You don't like people saying something negative about a company? Is it really that big of a deal and close to you? Seems unhealthy.

Why is it okay for you to have no facts or reason to hate ps or xbox, all you do is say "shitstation." Sounds pretty negative. Maybe you should take your own advice and shut the **** up.

ill tell you why i dont like playstation.

i grew up with nintendo... you could only have an nes or snes and play most of the good games with just that system...youll miss out on some sega and neo geo goodness but oh well...

then sony came in and since they wanted a piece of the video game market and couldnt compete with nintendo they decided to just make their platform the exclusive 3rd party machine....

they took all the 3rd party from nintendo....now i have to buy two consoles or own two systems every gen.

sony was never needed and should of stayed the F out.

thats the last ill say about it here in the nintendo forum :P

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: nothing you said is remotely close to the truth.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

oh so i made it up?

ok...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

You are 100% correct there

He is not, he's not even close, it's almost like he's trying to be as far away from the truth as possible in this instance

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KBFloYd

@Jaysonguy said:
@jcrame10 said:

You are 100% correct there

He is not, he's not even close, it's almost like he's trying to be as far away from the truth as possible in this instance

haha no ....i got the most posts in the nintendo forum...i know what's up...

jcarme is a noob and you? you are a joke to me haha...

thats what i believed happened and two joke posters wont change that.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jcrame10

@Jaysonguy: lol

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: yes. Do I really have to type out why?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: I probs own more games and consoles than you

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: yes. Do I really have to type out why?

no...i know exactly what you will type before it even comes out your peanut brain...

if this conversation ever comes up in system wars then knock yourself out.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: can't handle the truth?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: can't handle the truth?

dude i was gamming when you were in diapers....

and ive been discussing this same question over and over since 2009.

there is nothing you can tell me that i dont know....

i read all the same articles you have.... i still hold true to my statement...and thats that.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcrame10

@KBFloYd: so you know how shitty nintendo was towards developers during the NES/SNES era? Limiting how many titles they could produce per year, making them fork up the cost of development entirely before the game was released? It was such a gamble for third parties.

And even into the N64, developers had to gamble and make educated guesses about how a game would sell and how many cartridges to order and produce. They could easily lose money- it was a risk to develop for nintendo over disc based platforms like the playstation when the cost of a disc was virtually nothing compared to a cartridge. Like 35 dollars per cartridge compared to a few dollars for a disc.

Not too mention, sony pushes the technology for devs every single gen. From formatted discs to DVD to Blu ray.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KBFloYd

@jcrame10 said:

@KBFloYd: so you know how shitty nintendo was towards developers during the NES/SNES era? Limiting how many titles they could produce per year, making them fork up the cost of development entirely before the game was released? It was such a gamble for third parties.

And even into the N64, developers had to gamble and make educated guesses about how a game would sell and how many cartridges to order and produce. They could easily lose money- it was a risk to develop for nintendo over disc based platforms like the playstation when the cost of a disc was virtually nothing compared to a cartridge. Like 35 dollars per cartridge compared to a few dollars for a disc.

Not too mention, sony pushes the technology for devs every single gen. From formatted discs to DVD to Blu ray.

you couldnt help yourself... ok i guess mods will have some cleaning to do.

i know nintendo ruled 3rd party with an iron fist.... they were evil... but who was getting hurt? not us the consumers....it was the 3rd parties...

sony came in like a white knight and took it all away.....now i have to game on two platformers....they ruined gamming for me.

the transition to disc based format was inevitable....nintendo was alreadly looking into it before the ps1....nintendo just didnt want to rush into it. since they basically popularized the cartridge format.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jcrame10

@KBFloYd: my post was about nintendo. Usually someone says something legit that nintendo is doing and you respond with "ya well go play ur shitstation and xbox games" you literally bring up other consoles every chance you get. Your posts are sad, just babble and insults, so hopefully a mod does come. I want you banned so bad.

Congratulations, you are so far up nintendos ass that you just sat there and said nintendo was ignorant towards other companies, a better company like sony came in that offered better business practices, and those development companies flocked to them. You're not even a fanboy- you are just delusional, you are mentally ill I'm afraid.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Pikmin 3. Sold.