Officially screwed over by Nintendo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

I had a Wii U stop working while NBA2K13 was inside, and I sent it in for repairs. I gave specific instructions to Nintendo that their was a disc inside and to make sure that it is removed and sent back to me. Not only were these simple directions not followed, but I was basically called a liar by Nintendo, and they are basically saying they wont compensate me even though I have proof that I bought the game, they don't care. Just got ripped off by a multimillion company for a $60 game... they really suck, why should I or you buy another game for this system if something like this could happen and they don't even stand by their product..

#2 Posted by roboccs (7847 posts) -

I had a Wii U stop working while NBA2K13 was inside, and I sent it in for repairs. I gave specific instructions to Nintendo that their was a disc inside and to make sure that it is removed and sent back to me. Not only were these simple directions not followed, but I was basically called a liar by Nintendo, and they are basically saying they wont compensate me even though I have proof that I bought the game, they don't care. Just got ripped off by a multimillion company for a $60 game... they really suck, why should I or you buy another game for this system if something like this could happen and they don't even stand by their product..

illmatic8582
Honestly, if this really did happen I would try to speak to someone other than customer service. Did you ask your customer service person if you could speak with their manager? I would keep going up the chain until someone listens to you. It can't hurt to try. Especially if you have proof like a sales receipt.
#3 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

roboccs
Honestly, if this really did happen I would try to speak to someone other than customer service. Did you ask your customer service person if you could speak with their manager? I would keep going up the chain until someone listens to you. It can't hurt to try. Especially if you have proof like a sales receipt.

I already contacted the BBB, other than that I have no idea what to do
#4 Posted by roboccs (7847 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

I'm guessing that won't do you much. I would try nintendo again and ask for managers instead of customer service people who don't have the authority to make real decisions. I know it's annoying because you've probably been on the phone with them a lot, but if you want your game back or some kind of compensation, you'll have to keep bugging them.
#5 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="roboccs"] Honestly, if this really did happen I would try to speak to someone other than customer service. Did you ask your customer service person if you could speak with their manager? I would keep going up the chain until someone listens to you. It can't hurt to try. Especially if you have proof like a sales receipt.roboccs

I'm guessing that won't do you much. I would try nintendo again and ask for managers instead of customer service people who don't have the authority to make real decisions. I know it's annoying because you've probably been on the phone with them a lot, but if you want your game back or some kind of compensation, you'll have to keep bugging them.

Was just on the phone with their supervisor and he couldn't help me. We spent an hour going back and forth until he had to go and politely hung up on me
#6 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

Officially a dumb*ss because the game was inside the disc case...

#7 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

illmatic8582

Ok, simma down, we'll get this done

Explain what and how you did, I want exacts, I want the letter you sent Nintendo in the box, I want the way it was written up, everything.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#8 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

First, you post this thread. Then, this one. And now you're posting the same crap here. Quit spamming the forums and learn to use a blog.

#9 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

First, you post this thread. Then, this one. And now you're posting the same crap here. Quit spamming the forums and learn to use a blog.

YearoftheSnake5
or shut up?
#10 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

Sorry for spamming and wasting everyone's time but I'm the *ss who messed up. All is well, I'm wrong not Nintendo...Mustve been Hi or some ish...

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#11 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

illmatic8582

or shut up?

Either would work just fine.

#12 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

YearoftheSnake5

or shut up?

Either would work just fine.

I see what u did there
#13 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

Sorry for spamming and wasting everyone's time but I'm the *ss who messed up. All is well, I'm wrong not Nintendo...Mustve been Hi or some ish...

illmatic8582
Um so are you going to give Jayson the info he's asking for so he can help you or not? He's trying to help you
#14 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

nini200
Um so are you going to give Jayson the info he's asking for so he can help you or not? He's trying to help you

It was all my fault, I had the disc n the jewel case... like an idiot
#15 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

illmatic8582

^^^^ I'm guessing everyone else missed this post :P Lol hate when something like that happens.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
#16 Posted by QuebecSuperstar (4178 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] It was all my fault, I had the disc n the jewel case... like an idiot

You silly goose! :P Must have been a relief, though.
#17 Posted by roboccs (7847 posts) -

illmatic8582
HAHAHA!!! Nice work. Everyone makes mistakes!! At least you didn't lose your game!!
#18 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -

illmatic8582

Heh

You are dumb.

#19 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

illmatic8582

facepaml

and after creating like 4 threads on it. You sir, owe Nintendo an Apology :x

#20 Posted by Sepewrath (29894 posts) -
lol this was pretty funny, truly a facepalm moment. Now go apologize to that poor customer service rep, I'm sure you yelled at, because they stole your game lol.
#21 Posted by rubber-chicken (2076 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="nini200"] Um so are you going to give Jayson the info he's asking for so he can help you or not? He's trying to help younini200

facepaml

Wowowowowow, all I have to say is...

tumblr_m8oiaoRhNa1qhv9kko1_500.gif

#22 Posted by Justinps2hero (2272 posts) -
Someone needs to ring Nintendo & give a big apology. Imagine the guy who was looking after the system, fingers of suspicion pointed his way. Can't believe the effort you have gone to to have a moan before checking the case.
#23 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] It was all my fault, I had the disc n the jewel case... like an idiotrubber-chicken

facepaml

Wowowowowow, all I have to say is...

tumblr_m8oiaoRhNa1qhv9kko1_500.gif

Lol

#24 Posted by mariokart64fan (20581 posts) -

illmatic8582

so your officailly a spam artist , , because you posted this twice in the same board and once in system wars, , hmm and we all knew you were lying because let me tell you nintendo knows what their doing and you called bbb on nintendo ? then find the game in its case wow some one looking for a little too much attention

#25 Posted by jdc6305 (4713 posts) -

I'd be more pissed about a broken WiiU then a missing game. I love Nintendo but there is no way I'm buying a system this close to launch. I have my PS3 and 360 to tide me over until there are more 1st party games.