Official WiiU Working External Hard Drive Help Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

After I just recently ran into issues with an external Hard Drive of mine, I thought it'd be good if I made a thread of all the working External Hard Drives that you all have.

the format is simple. State the Type of Hard Drive you have for your WiiU. State the Price of the External Hard Drive you have. State how the drive is powered (AC Powered or Y Cable Powered), Post the Link of where you bought yours from and Post a Picture of the Hard Drive you have if possible

Ex:

Western Digital 500 GB External Hard Drive

$75

AC Adapter Powered

www.thisistheexample.youknow

wd

and hopefully we can help others that are looking for External Hard Drives find the best bang for their buck.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200

Reserved for the current lowest priced working hard drive. PM me with the price

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Good thread, needs stickied will help me (and many more) with finding good hard drives.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

After I just recently ran into issues with an external Hard Drive of mine, I thought it'd be good if I made a thread of all the working External Hard Drives that you all have.

the format is simple. State the Type of Hard Drive you have for your WiiU. State the Price of the External Hard Drive you have. Post the Link of where you bought yours from and Post a Picture of the Hard Drive you have if possible

Ex:

Western Digital 500 GB Portable Hard Drive

$75

wd

and hopefully we can help others that are looking for External Hard Drives find the best bang for their buck.

nini200

thats not a WD Portable harddrive.... thats a WD external desktop drive

this is a portable WD

wdfElementsPortable_SE30.jpg

the portable WD drive don't have an AC adaptor port...

these require a Y cable

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

the format is simple. State the Type of Hard Drive you have for your WiiU. State the Price of the External Hard Drive you have. Post the Link of where you bought yours from and Post a Picture of the Hard Drive you have if possible

Ex:

Western Digital 500 GB Portable Hard Drive

$75

wd

KBFloYd

thats not a WD Portable harddrive.... thats a WD external desktop drive

this is a portable WD

wdfElementsPortable_SE30.jpg

the portable WD drive don't have an AC adaptor port...

these require a Y cable

Thanks for the correction and changes will be made but the Hard drive I posted is one that will work for the WiiU. That Portable drive needs a Y cable in order to work.

Also, if you have a working External Hard Drive, please post what you have in the format above and maybe it'll help some people find compatible ones for the System. Thank You

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Thanks for the correction and changes will be made but the Hard drive I posted is one that will work for the WiiU. That Portable drive needs a Y cable in order to work.

Also, if you have a working External Hard Drive, please post what you have in the format above and maybe it'll help some people find compatible ones for the System. Thank You

nini200

i actually bought the exact HDD in your OP. :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]Thanks for the correction and changes will be made but the Hard drive I posted is one that will work for the WiiU. That Portable drive needs a Y cable in order to work.

KBFloYd

i actually bought the exact HDD in your OP. :P

:lol:
Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_external_storage.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-external-usb-storage List from Nintendo.com