Official The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild discussion thread.

• 67 results
iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Breath of the Wild has been out on Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Wii U for a few weeks now. The game has been amazing, so i felt would be good to have a discussion thread for people wanting to post opinions, questions, screenshots, videos, etc. I like to post screenshots a lot, so ill probably fill up this thread in no time. Our forum is pretty zombie like, so dont be afraid to double post, etc. I know i will.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iandizion713

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

-i beat 3 dungeons....

zora, bird, and desert.

im in the process of doing the fire volcano one.

-i have freed 3 great fairies.

-i have done 36 shrines and 26 korok seeds.

-i have about 55 hours in the game.

those are my stats :)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Nice, I haven't done not one dungeon yet. Bout to go to Zora soon though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I have found a bunch of Korok Seeds, but still nowhere near the 900-or-so that there are total. I upgraded my stamina twice and my hearts once, and I almost have enough spirit orbs to upgrade two more of something. I don't know how many shrines I've completed now without checking, maybe like 20? There is one shrine that I completed, but I can't figure out how to reach the one chest. It's the one where you have to turn the platform with the light on it to hit the switch, and fill the area with water so you can cross. The one chest in the room where the elder was, I just haven't figured it out.... Maybe I need to upgrade Stasis first?

I haven't taken on any of those dungeons yet, I actually haven't been prepared to deal with a lot of those lightning wizards that are scattered on the way to the first one. On top of the lightning and rain, one of those "red moons" occurred as I was getting close to Zora's Domain, and I just had to put things off again. I did score a lightning rod from one of those wizards in another location, so I wonder if that would help me out any against them, or if it would even be immune to its own effects lol.

I haven't really explored the Northern-most parts of the world yet. I also have to remember where that giant rock monster was that I encountered on the plateau, I had ran from it but just hadn't gotten to return to it since then. Oh, I did beat two different cyclops's as well.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iandizion713

@Ovirew: Ill give you a hint, use your special abilities. You dont need Stasis for it though. That one took me a bit to figure out. Rock dudes are easy with a hammer. Yeah i went east then south. Now im working my way back north.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

My first 75 hours was just exploring, didn't hit a dungeon until near 80 hours. I'm now over 100 hours; I've done 3 dungeons, found all but 1 memory, have 90 shrines done and just got over the century peak for the Korok seeds. Right now I've been tackling sides missions and shrine missions, on the trail of Leviathans right now and just did a really cool shrine challenge. I'll just say it helps to have fire weapons so you can see where your going.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iandizion713

@Sepewrath: Haha, sounds crazy.

Finally made it to Zora's Domain, that Prince is a weird dude, he cracks me up. I'll go see the King when I get off work. Looking forward to seeing the father of such a character.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#9 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Three dungeons down. Got a lot of memories to find as well as the Blade of Evil's Bane, and then just exploring more things too. Got better cold resistant gear so the mounts are not so much of a problem now, meaning it's the perfect time to explore!

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iandizion713

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#11 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

I've only done 1 of the dungeons, which was the one at Zora's Domain.

I've done around 30 or so shrines, and have 30-something Korok Seeds. I have 10 hearts and 1.25 of a stamina wheel, meaning I've only upgraded stamina once.

Basically I'm just powering through hearts trying to get the required amount of hearts in order to lift up the Master Sword. Then I'll start going for stamina.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KBFloYd

@trav_have said:

I've only done 1 of the dungeons, which was the one at Zora's Domain.

I've done around 30 or so shrines, and have 30-something Korok Seeds. I have 10 hearts and 1.25 of a stamina wheel, meaning I've only upgraded stamina once.

Basically I'm just powering through hearts trying to get the required amount of hearts in order to lift up the Master Sword. Then I'll start going for stamina.

yea as soon as i got enough hearts for the master sword i stopped doing shrines. my stamina is also only 1 upgrade and i have no problem scaling mountains or paragliding to anywhere in the game.

all i need is to cook a hearty raddish and that gives me tons of extra hearts..... i think im going straight to ganon after i beat the goron dungeon.

no need to do more shrines or korok seeds...im lazy :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KBFloYd

actually, isn't he her brother?

:P

@iandizion713 said:

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Yeah. That dude is so cool though. And his music that comes with him is awesome.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KBFloYd

just beat the goron...

getting to the actual beast was the hardest thing. like climbing death mountain finding heat protection...that was hard...i had to check online a couple times.

the actual dungeon and boss i was able to do on my own. the boss had a slight trick and daruk the champion actually whispered what to do to beat the boss :P...

i guess im on my way to ganon soon.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Nice, you think your ready to take him.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KBFloYd

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: Nice, you think your ready to take him.

ok...so i didnt have time to put up with ganons crap and checked how to beat him then i did...

getting to him is a pain in the butt with guardians all over the place.

apprantly there is two endings...to get the best one you need to recover all the memories.

make sure you do otherwise the ending leaves you hanging.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd: Dont forget you can parry Guardians with your shield to defeat them easily. I finally beat my first Divine Beast. Was tricky and took me awhile, but i figured it out. Had to use a buff cause only had 3 hearts and dude could one shot me. But he was pretty easy.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KBFloYd

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: Dont forget you can parry Guardians with your shield to defeat them easily. I finally beat my first Divine Beast. Was tricky and took me awhile, but i figured it out. Had to use a buff cause only had 3 hearts and dude could one shot me. But he was pretty easy.

which beast was it? out of 4 boss battles the desert one was easily the hardest for me. he got a lot of one shots on me.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd: The Zora one. Took me forever to find the terminals though. That part was kinda hard.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KBFloYd

@iandizion713 said:

@KBFloYd: The Zora one. Took me forever to find the terminals though. That part was kinda hard.

yea your first beast puzzle is always the hardest because you dont know what to do.

the actual boss of the elephant is the most annoying one imo because of the water....

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iandizion713

@KBFloYd: I just did what they had told me when attacking. His attack can be easily dodged by running full speed.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iandizion713

Champions unite!

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#24 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Been reading this every few days. My progress is very slow as I play in my spare time. I was out of state the first week of Switch release. I did take it with me but only played a bit of Bomberman, a few short sessions of Zelda flying out and Snipperclips with my girlfriend on the flight back.

I do like taking my time and discovering everything. I have Epona put away in a stable until I'm ready to not get her killed. I did train a spotted horse right away who is stabled also. I've been riding Boko, named after the Bokoblin I took him/her from. Boko is solid colored but was easy to train.

After getting the blue flame and my sheika slate fixed in the Hateno Lab I rode back to Kakariko Village. (I hate to leave Boko behind as I've gotten attached, Iol). I tried to do as many side quests and found my first fairy fountain.

I only have 10 shrines completed so I need to get going on that and then head to Zora. I'm in no hurry to kill Ganon. I'd like to uncover as much as possible and finish Ganon off much later. I've only opened 2 of the 15 towers.

Using the amiibo is a nice treat. I have all 15 and get rewards daily. Sure it makes my game easier, but why not. It is fun walking around with wolf, but he isn't controllable and yesterday he ran into a tribe with blue Bokoblins and before I could shoot a few they killed him. Better luck next time wolf.

I've waiting a long time for this game so plan on playing even longer.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

How do we all feel about Mipha?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KBFloYd

@aigis said:

How do we all feel about Mipha?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iandizion713

@calway55: Yeah, im just taking my time too. Weve been working like crazy so i only get to play a little. Game is addicting even in small bursts.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I have finished 3 of the dungeons, Zoras, Gerudo and then Rito so far for me. I believe I have finished 62 dungeons, and I have found 54 Korok seeds. I'm about 50 hours in. I have mainly focused on shrines and side quests, plus exploring lookin for random peaks. I can easily see myself putting well over 100 hours into it. I have the Wii u version, and besides the frame drops I love everything about the game.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

you can ride Deer?

that is awesome!!!

@iandizion713 said:

Champions unite!

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I don't know what my stats are, but I finished the game and explored all of the mainland areas. I want to dive back in and get to the islands and do some more exploration for the remaining shrines and memories. I explored a ton, but powered through the main game. It's addicting as all hell, I couldn't put it down.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 calway55

@iandizion713 said:

@calway55: Yeah, im just taking my time too. Weve been working like crazy so i only get to play a little. Game is addicting even in small bursts.

Spent too much time looking for the 3 extra chests with my season pass. I only found the Nintendo Switch shirt. I should see if anyone in a store or on the road would like to buy it. It could be priceless ; )

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I have over 10 hours played, as per the "activity log". I have 5 hearts, beat 13 shrines, found around 10 korok seeds, discovered one fairy fountain and am on my way to Zora's domain.

I just did my first combat shrine and found it more difficult than I think it was meant to be. I died about 3 times until I just powerd through it, but I assume I was supposed to find a better, more efficient way of dealing with that "mini guardian". So I'm probably not using my runes/techniques properly.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KBFloYd

@Grieverr said:

I have over 10 hours played, as per the "activity log". I have 5 hearts, beat 13 shrines, found around 10 korok seeds, discovered one fairy fountain and am on my way to Zora's domain.

I just did my first combat shrine and found it more difficult than I think it was meant to be. I died about 3 times until I just powerd through it, but I assume I was supposed to find a better, more efficient way of dealing with that "mini guardian". So I'm probably not using my runes/techniques properly.

the mini guardian has 3 phases...

the first phase... you can stand in front of him the when he swings his sword at you do the dodge move which triggers a slow motion sense and you can flurry attack him....or stay away from him until he runs into a pillar thats disorients him then you attack.

2nd phase he will shoot out a mini laser in a circular fashion. this creates a gust of wind... uses your paraglider to ride the wind then use your arrows to trigger a slow motion sense and shoot him with the arrows..

the 3rd phase....2 ways to do it....1. if you have a shield wait till he shoots the beam at you then parry it back at him with your shield. (do this by holding your shiled up then press A when the beam is about to hit you.)OR 2. just run at him and go ape shit hitting him till he dies...he might not charge the beam in time to hit you.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

For the first phase I did just that (the dodge/flurry).

2nd phase, after the first or second try I noticed the gust, but never used the paraglider since I didn't think there'd be anything to gain from being above him. Slow motion arrows sound like a good idea!

3rd phase, I tried deflecting the shots but they didn't deflect back to him. They just ricochet off to the side. Looks like a timing issue. Plus I believe I took damage. I feel like the shields I get are not as powerful as the weapons and bows I'm finding.

Love that guardian sword, btw. Wish it was more powerful!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KBFloYd

@Grieverr said:

For the first phase I did just that (the dodge/flurry).

2nd phase, after the first or second try I noticed the gust, but never used the paraglider since I didn't think there'd be anything to gain from being above him. Slow motion arrows sound like a good idea!

3rd phase, I tried deflecting the shots but they didn't deflect back to him. They just ricochet off to the side. Looks like a timing issue. Plus I believe I took damage. I feel like the shields I get are not as powerful as the weapons and bows I'm finding.

Love that guardian sword, btw. Wish it was more powerful!

yea... not sure if you need a stronger shield. i think wooden shileds might not work. havnt tested it to be honest.

you have to be standing at a straight angle to deflect back or else it goes sideways.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iandizion713

On to Faron Woods. Feels like the next place i want to adventure.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Do enemies level up the more you progress in the game? It's not an rpg, but I feel like enemies start to get better weapons and becomes more agressive.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iandizion713

@TheShadowLord07: They dont level up with you to my knowledge. I just think different areas have more skilled enemies.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iandizion713

@LegatoSkyheartDid you find Linebeck Island yet? Guess the timeline is after Phantom Hourglass.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@TheShadowLord07: They dont level up with you to my knowledge. I just think different areas have more skilled enemies.

i disagree. In one of the beginning area in the game there was a moblin or however you spell their names, one of them had a club with a bonus attack of 11+.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iandizion713

@TheShadowLord07: Yeah, but i think he has that weapon no matter your level.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:

Do enemies level up the more you progress in the game? It's not an rpg, but I feel like enemies start to get better weapons and becomes more agressive.

I'm pretty sure that one enemy in each gathering is basically "on-level" with you or slightly higher, while the rest are fixed no matter what. By the end of the game, White Bokoblins and Moblins were showing up in every single group, even the ones on the Great Plateau from the very beginning of the game.

I like that much better than other forms of enemy scaling I've seen. When all enemies scale, it never feels like you're making any progress. When none scale in an open world game, going to the "wrong" place last makes it way too easy.

I found Breath of the Wild to be way too easy after the first ten hours or so anyway, though.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Completed it (beat Ganon) by mistake (I wasn't even looking for him, just end up finding him) last night. :P Give it 9/10 ...minus 0.5 for Zelda's awful voice... & 0.5 weapon durability too low...even for cool looking weapons. Wish you could register bear, & deer..like your horse..that would have been cool. :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KBFloYd

everyone let's list hours played so far....

here is mine

65 hours

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iandizion713

Mine just says over 60 hours. I cant believe ive played that much, feels like ive barely scratched the surface.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By calway55
@Ovirew said:

I have found a bunch of Korok Seeds, but still nowhere near the 900-or-so that there are total. I upgraded my stamina twice and my hearts once, and I almost have enough spirit orbs to upgrade two more of something. I don't know how many shrines I've completed now without checking, maybe like 20? There is one shrine that I completed, but I can't figure out how to reach the one chest. It's the one where you have to turn the platform with the light on it to hit the switch, and fill the area with water so you can cross. The one chest in the room where the elder was, I just haven't figured it out.... Maybe I need to upgrade Stasis first?

I haven't taken on any of those dungeons yet, I actually haven't been prepared to deal with a lot of those lightning wizards that are scattered on the way to the first one. On top of the lightning and rain, one of those "red moons" occurred as I was getting close to Zora's Domain, and I just had to put things off again. I did score a lightning rod from one of those wizards in another location, so I wonder if that would help me out any against them, or if it would even be immune to its own effects lol.

I haven't really explored the Northern-most parts of the world yet. I also have to remember where that giant rock monster was that I encountered on the plateau, I had ran from it but just hadn't gotten to return to it since then. Oh, I did beat two different cyclops's as well.

Got to Zora's Domain this afternoon. I have tons of meat from tapping my amiibo everyday so I could recover my 5 hearts constantly. Got electrocuted a lot. I used all my bomb and shock arrows too to get past all those lizard creatures (yuck). I can't seem to fight the wiz robes. I think that is their name. I just ran to get by them. Sorry about the blood moon timing for you.

This morning I landed on a little island with my glider right into a Guardian. This was my first time with a moving Guardian. So glad it only took three times flinging back his laser at him with a guardian shield.

I'm hoping to attempt a dungeon soon. I still like taking my time to experience as much of the game as possible.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I have well over 100 hours now, have like 120 Korok seeds, just did my 100th shrine today. Collected all memories, did the dungeons, so basically I'm at the end game. Haven't decided if I will finish hunting down the remaining shrines or head to Hyrule Castle to finish the fight. This will be my 3rd time going there.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Mine is 120+ hours ...oh wow...have I been playing that much? :P

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iandizion713

Trying to get me a scale from Farrosh. Now that im hunting him, hes harder to find. Bout to just camp out for him i guess.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@Sepewrath said:

I have well over 100 hours now, have like 120 Korok seeds, just did my 100th shrine today. Collected all memories, did the dungeons, so basically I'm at the end game. Haven't decided if I will finish hunting down the remaining shrines or head to Hyrule Castle to finish the fight. This will be my 3rd time going there.

My advice, having just gone through that process, is to go to Ganon as soon as you feel like exploring the world isn't very rewarding any more. I was afraid that I would be missing something amazing if I didn't get all 120 shrines (because the hardest ones to find must be the best, right???), but it just turned into a bit of a slog once I had explored 99% of the map and just had to search for the 1% I hadn't seen yet. And the rewards weren't worth the slog.

To be clear, it started feeling unrewarding to me with 6 shrines left, but those last shrines took a few hours to find, and I had to look up the last three or I'd have wandered almost aimlessly for even more hours getting more and more frustrated. The result was finishing the game on a much lower note than I would have otherwise.