Official Metroid Prime Hunters thread (GS score, questions, friend codes etc)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts
Post all your MPH things here!

From Yagami-lori:

Mistakes in the review by Bob Colayco leading to a retraction:

-Said there were only 15 maps available, when there is really 26
-Said that only Battle is available online, when through freinds code, all modes are available online
-Said there was a character graphical glitch, which is really Trace's stealth ability*

Information on the debate about the graphical score...

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24461018

* Bob C's response:
"I never said anything about this. The line which may have caused this confusion was unaltered from the original and is still in the review: "Our only major gripe with the graphics is that they can look grainy at times, particularly when you're engaging in a long-range shooting battle with...something that you can't quite make out. "

I think it's pretty clear I mean that the graphics are too grainy and low res to see much of anything when you're in a long range shooting battle. I didn't mean anything about Trace's stealth ability."
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
We should make this the Friend Code thread also.
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KittyKat
[QUOTE="Mac8457"]We should make this the Friend Code thread also.

Great idea!
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
well my friend code is in my sig, PM me if you added me, and i'll see you online!
Fire_Fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 Fire_Fly
Member since 2006 • 2725 Posts

I don't see the score anymore, but i do see dozens of threads!
KittyKat

I think they are re-reveiwing it, anyone else know if this is true?

Apparently the online part is false (The real online is much bulkier than what they said) so they will be playing it more and change the score. 

borris_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 borris_1
Member since 2003 • 7181 Posts
I would assume they're re-reviewing it. It should get a 9.0 atleast! Even if it's just to shut the cows up
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
yea......why did the review dissappear........i believe there is a foul plot afoot...
brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

I have a question.

I dont have MPH yet, but i thinking of getting it

Doese MPH use servers like CS and Half-life or is it like MKDS (friend codes) or is it both?

bladerV2MG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 bladerV2MG
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
Its like MKDS
mos333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mos333
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts
Why did they give it a 8.7(or something along those lines)?! I mean, was it the map mistake that made them assume it wasn't 9.0 deserving. If so, they may change the score. Otherwise, GS has become biased and really, they're giving AA's at least for every new PSP game...
danteliveson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 danteliveson
Member since 2004 • 6162 Posts

I would assume they're re-reviewing it. It should get a 9.0 atleast! Even if it's just to shut the cows up borris_1

they better not!

Banczak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Banczak
Member since 2005 • 1672 Posts
they're giving AA's at least for every new PSP game...mos333

Maybe because, oh, I don't know ..

They deserve it? Just because some games are getting bad scores, you say GameSpot is getting biased. Why? Because you're trying to make it sound like it's GameSpot's fault and not the game (not targeted towards you, really, just saying it as an overall statement.) Some people are trying to come up with a reason as to why it's happening, instead of just accepting that some games might just not get a Perfect review, but rather a "Good" one. When the MP:H review came out, people immediately jumped towards it as a way to say "HAHAHA!! I'm right, GameSpot is biased! Long live IGN!!"

It's asinine. It was one mistake, and that's all that happened. If they're fixing it, I'm pretty sure saying "gamespot biased becuz of mph review" loses it's value.
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...
mos333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mos333
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts
I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...irmeleeman5995
No offense dude, but you're taking this WWAAYAYY too seriously. You don't have to keep posting around saying ''Oh gs is no teh biased i wrsh1p yoo teh gamespot.'' We get the point. You agree with the review...-.-
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...irmeleeman5995

I know, having to punch in a 12 digit code... its a total mindblower :roll:
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
omg MP:H got lower than a 9 i dont think i'm going to go buy it now....i might just get Daxter for the PSP.....NOOO!!!!!
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

I have a question.

I dont have MPH yet, but i thinking of getting it

Doese MPH use servers like CS and Half-life or is it like MKDS (friend codes) or is it both?

brood_aliance
If you set up a game with friends you can voice/text chat and pick several game modes other than battle. Its waaaaaaaay better with friends.
Wildcat04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Wildcat04
Member since 2005 • 419 Posts
Anyone wanna play my friend and i in mph 2v2
roywood1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 roywood1
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
me + wildcat vs someone else
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21454 Posts
The review has been posted back up but with the same score.....
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KittyKat
Did the review change at all?
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
This is amazing, isnt it? Wow, GS...
Smasher24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Smasher24
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts
Does mph only have survival mode online? Can I select 2v2 matches?
mexican_lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mexican_lord
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts
there is survival on line and is really cool, and about the review i think the guys of  GS HAVEN'T PLAY THE GAME ENOUGH. to know what they're talking about.
ZeRo-ZeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZeRo-ZeN
Member since 2003 • 2865 Posts
still incorrect information, this is a JOKE
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tocool340

Did the review change at all? KittyKat

Again they reviewed it wrong.....

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tocool340
GS is digging a hole right now in the ds forum. I wonder how far they can dig....
F-Minus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 F-Minus
Member since 2005 • 1008 Posts

Probably just an error upload, I think the guys and girls will fix the review decently, not like this.

Isn't the show OnThesSpot in 15 minutes, maybe we can get a question about MPH review through.

danteliveson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 danteliveson
Member since 2004 • 6162 Posts

Probably just an error upload, I think the guys and girls will fix the review decently, not like this.

Isn't the show OnThesSpot in 15 minutes, maybe we can get a question about MPH review through.

F-Minus

anyone can ask questions now

Fennz11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fennz11
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts
what do they mean linear maps? they are suppose to be small otherwise games will take forever. and if its the single player i like linear environments otherwise ill get lost.
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Yagami-Iori
And now I have completely lost any respect I had for Gamespot. The issues that were previously cited as downsides to the game (lack of maps, lack of extra modes) is quickly made negative by the "lengthy" freinds code. They did exactly as I thought they would... nit-pick to keep from actually changing the score. And not only that, but the apology is made in a smaller font at the end of the review like they are trying to hide the mistake from an obviously inept review. Shame on you, Gamespot. Instead of trying to fix mistakes allowed through, you just put a new coat of paint on them to pretend it never happened.
Wildcat04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wildcat04
We need one more person to play 2v2. anyone wanna play
Avatar image for mathew_gamefrea
mathew_gamefrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mathew_gamefrea
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
haha i might buy this game today is online fun ?
Wildcat04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wildcat04
It is amazing!!! i have been saying it is the Halo 2 of DS (online)
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 irmeleeman5995

[QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...mos333
No offense dude, but you're taking this WWAAYAYY too seriously. You don't have to keep posting around saying ''Oh gs is no teh biased i wrsh1p yoo teh gamespot.'' We get the point. You agree with the review...-.-

You...you think I'm taking this too seriously? Humph. You obviously don't get why I keep posting all over the place...it's becuz eevryone else is taking it too seriously. It's a freakin' video game reveiw. If you guys are gonna make such a big deal about it then stop complaining here talk to the people who run the site. And since they don't care you might as well stop then, huh?

FiStiNhAnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FiStiNhAnD
Member since 2006 • 1456 Posts

ill play the 2vs2 game...just type in the time..and we need someone else

friend code for MPH: 3780-2475-4604

just add me and lets get on wit it

Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Yagami-Iori

[QUOTE="mos333"][QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...irmeleeman5995

You...you think I'm taking this too seriously? Humph. You obviously don't get why I keep posting all over the place...it's becuz eevryone else is taking it too seriously. It's a freakin' video game reveiw. If you guys are gonna make such a big deal about it then stop complaining here talk to the people who run the site. And since they don't care you might as well stop then, huh?

Some of us here are real gamers, and we are passionate about our favorite hobby & the games that fill in our time on this. And for a reviewer to misrepresent a game in such a way is wrong. Why the hell should we just sit back & let things stand like that?
russbonchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 russbonchu
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get passed the boss in (2nd level, 1st time there). I'm not a very good gamer and this guy is really giving me a hard time. I can shoot his tentacles and get him floating around so I can shoot his eye, but I get beat up pretty quickly. The answer might simply be that I need to dodge more and generally suck less, but it is hard! Thanks for your help!
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 irmeleeman5995

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get passed the boss in (2nd level, 1st time there). I'm not a very good gamer and this guy is really giving me a hard time. I can shoot his tentacles and get him floating around so I can shoot his eye, but I get beat up pretty quickly. The answer might simply be that I need to dodge more and generally suck less, but it is hard! Thanks for your help!russbonchu

Jump around a lot and try to get your crosshair where the guy is going to be not is. That, and use missiles.

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 irmeleeman5995
[QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]

[QUOTE="mos333"][QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...Yagami-Iori

Some of us here are real gamers, and we are passionate about our favorite hobby & the games that fill in our time on this. And for a reviewer to misrepresent a game in such a way is wrong. Why the hell should we just sit back & let things stand like that?

...Like I said, I'm taking it too seriously? I mean, yes, the reveiw had some errors. But, the only thing that affected the score is the graphics were lower than they should be. I'm a really passionate gamer but I'm also pretty mellow, so when people flip out like this, it ....es me off like you wouldn't believe.

PumaPride3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PumaPride3k
Member since 2005 • 483 Posts
Try destroying tentacles with missles and using power bean on orb, that worked best for me. And as for you^ Im as mellow as the next guy but even I was shocked at how poorly reviewed this game was, even on his second attempt he still wasn't all that accurate.
woohooforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 woohooforme
Member since 2005 • 2664 Posts
Since it says "questions" I'll ask a question. A few months ago it was announced that you could send voice clips over to other players in the "lobby". Well, as far as I can see, there is no option for sending voice clips, or a lobby for that matter, can anyone clear this up for me?
roywood1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 roywood1
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts

ill play the 2vs2 game...just type in the time..and we need someone else

friend code for MPH: 3780-2475-4604

just add me and lets get on wit it

FiStiNhAnD

can you play right now?
Wildcat04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wildcat04
fist... or whatever your name is... send me your friend code and name
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Yagami-Iori
[QUOTE="Yagami-Iori"] [QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]

[QUOTE="mos333"][QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]I think this is all really bogus. And agh, the whole friend code thing is more complicated then it should be. They should make it server based like everything else. But, that isn't happening, but I don't want to add people to my friend list just to set decent rules...ugh, what to do...ideas? I think I'll just get unlazy and add some people...maybe...irmeleeman5995

...Like I said, I'm taking it too seriously? I mean, yes, the reveiw had some errors. But, the only thing that affected the score is the graphics were lower than they should be. I'm a really passionate gamer but I'm also pretty mellow, so when people flip out like this, it ....es me off like you wouldn't believe.

I'll agree on the graphics being judged too low, but on nothing affecting the gameplay? Let's see... BobC said...

Only 15 maps- There are 26
Only one mode online- All SEVEN are online w/ friends
Glitches with characters disappearing

All three of those reasonably affect the gamplay score & realistically the value score, because with what he originally said means less game to be played. This should have been addressed, but instead, they found little things to try & validate not chaning the review. It's insulting to the people that put in so much time making the game.
FiStiNhAnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FiStiNhAnD

alright my friend code is

3780-2475-4604

FiStiNhAnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FiStiNhAnD

sorry bout the double post..

Name: Dosis

FiStiNhAnD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FiStiNhAnD

wait....wildcat was your friend code and sh*t??

i could play right now....so lez go

DelayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DelayStation
Member since 2005 • 740 Posts
Anyone up for a game? I want to try out some of the different modes.
No whiners.
fc
galhalean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 galhalean
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
i wanna say this about mph have u ever played 4 at a time its nuts and i like nuts........including peanuts muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! but really the online play is a wonder 2 behold and all u who think its 2 hard and confusing no its not (its called a manual!). its easy and fun no lag (at least on my end (and yes i have problems with the internet 2)(gotta like the () in ()lol)so if u never played it and say it sucks U dont know any thing about it so GET IT AND TRY IT THEN SAY IT SUCKS). well thats all i have 2 say. those who love the game(like i do) keep rocking on those who dont atleast try it GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZ!!!!