Official Conduit thread - 7.4 avg. (6.5 @ GS, 8.6 @ IGN)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

David Icke is a great author.

snipe12388

David Icke is a scammer, he takes advantage of extremly gullible fools.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#202 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="AlexSays"] Jordan everyone knows you wear contacts. :PJaysonguy

Ha! Very clever.

I wear a monocule and pet a kitty in my lap

As for this game, here's another screenshot of this "fantastic" looking game

So yeah, and the visuals are the greatest part right?

The art style is very much improved from the D.C. level.
young80s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 young80s
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="AlexSays"] Jordan everyone knows you wear contacts. :PJaysonguy

Ha! Very clever.

I wear a monocule and pet a kitty in my lap

As for this game, here's another screenshot of this "fantastic" looking game

So yeah, and the visuals are the greatest part right?

I wasn't in it straight up for the visuals. If I buy it, it will be because I think that the game looks fun. I got the wii because I believe that games can be better with even with the graphical handicap.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#204 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
it still looks ok to me
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#205 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Wow, people judge the visuals from screenshots or internet videos. Very clever, indeed
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#206 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Wow, people judge the visuals from screenshots or internet videos. Very clever, indeedPices

People always do that ... no matter what the game is - don't think the conduit is the only one that gets judged by videos or screen shots.

You yourself posted a video in this very thread ... that was meant to be judged.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#207 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

[QUOTE="Pices"]Wow, people judge the visuals from screenshots or internet videos. Very clever, indeedHaziqonfire

People always do that ... no matter what the game is - don't think the conduit is the only one that gets judged by videos or screen shots.

You yourself posted a video in this very thread ... that was meant to be judged.

video is different though, a picture will be judged on aesthetics, videos are showing actions being implemented, and are judged as such. lets say you see a screenshot of sonic the hedgehog 2 for sega genesis without any prior knowledge of the game. looks colorful and pretty upbeat and nice, you can only judge on the appearance. with the video you can actually see that "oh, its a fast-paced side scrolling game" you get more of a feel .for it i guess, you know what your getting yourself into
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#208 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="Pices"]Wow, people judge the visuals from screenshots or internet videos. Very clever, indeedgarrett_duffman

video is different though, a picture will be judged on aesthetics, videos are showing actions being implemented, and are judged as such. lets say you see a screenshot of sonic the hedgehog 2 for sega genesis without any prior knowledge of the game. looks colorful and pretty upbeat and nice, you can only judge on the appearance. with the video you can actually see that "oh, its a fast-paced side scrolling game" you get more of a feel .for it i guess, you know what your getting yourself into

I don't agree

Bright, colorful, appealing. You also get the sense the game has a flow from this action scene

Actually, ummmmm. The Conduit is full of jaggies but the wavy bridge in this screenshot is smooth, go figure :P

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

Jaysonguy

I don't agree

Bright, colorful, appealing. You also get the sense the game has a flow from this action scene

Actually, ummmmm. The Conduit is full of jaggies but the wavy bridge in this screenshot is smooth, go figure :P

It may be all jaggy in the pictures, but when you're actually playing the game it isn't, and I know that because I played the demo before.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 kardine

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] video is different though, a picture will be judged on aesthetics, videos are showing actions being implemented, and are judged as such. lets say you see a screenshot of sonic the hedgehog 2 for sega genesis without any prior knowledge of the game. looks colorful and pretty upbeat and nice, you can only judge on the appearance. with the video you can actually see that "oh, its a fast-paced side scrolling game" you get more of a feel .for it i guess, you know what your getting yourself intoMike885

I don't agree

It may be all jaggy in the pictures, but when you're actually playing the game it isn't, and I know that because I played the demo before.

Same thing with Galaxy Pictures.

Look at the IGN or GS pics of Galaxy and it shows it as all jaggy.

Look at the videos and it looks MUCH more smooth.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

Jaysonguy

I don't agree

that screen isnt as sharp as the game is, and it doesnt show how fast of a game it is, it shows that there is movement, but it doesnt show the depth of the movement.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#212 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

Jaysonguy

Proof that upside down gameplay wasn't invented in Galaxy.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

[QUOTE="Mike885"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I don't agree

kardine

wrong mario galaxy was a great looking game all around

conduit has bad textures alot more jaggies muiltiplayer looks like n64 models

i feel bad for those people that have no idea what they are talking about and feel like this is the best thing coming for the wii when its clear to see it isnt

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="kardine"]

[QUOTE="Mike885"]

carter15kd5

wrong mario galaxy was a great looking game all around

i feel bad for those people that have no idea what they are talking about and feel like this is the best thing coming for the wii when its clear to see it isnt

thats wierd, i feel bad for people who make it their business to tell people what they s hould and should not look forward too. the conduit COULD turn out to be a really good solid game, you dont know.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 garrett_duffman

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="carter15kd5"] wrong mario galaxy was a great looking game all around

carter15kd5

thats wierd, i feel bad for people who make it their business to tell people what they s hould and should not look forward too. the conduit COULD turn out to be a really good solid game, you dont know.

i never told anyone not to like the conduiit im just saying wii owner are blinded by the truth that conduit was hype so much by high voltage and the game doesnt look good online seems boring but i guess wii users are only used to boring chopping online gameplay for fps games

... thats all we HAVE. we dont get to choose a game with better online. we have nothing to go on but HVS's word, and they speak a darn good word
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#217 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

new screen to me, as well as a new weapon, and a new AI there. These screens do not do the game justice imo. They kinda make the game look like crap, which I can see why people judge it. Watch some vids!

As to the new weapon here, some of the texturing/lighting remind me of the newest "Lost Planet 2" footage from IGN when they're fighting that giagantic beast with black flesh. It resembles oil, and always looks "wet" (the beast in the footage was getting rained on).

I was unaware that the Wii tech could do such a thing.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#218 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

This is dread awful

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2009/03/29/the-conduit-stats-achievements-unlockables/

ACHIEVEMENTS in The Conduit.:x

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 carter15kd5

This is dread awful

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2009/03/29/the-conduit-stats-achievements-unlockables/

wiifan001

thats one of the alot of announcements that sounds like a plus for the conduit in my eyes

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 carter15kd5

[QUOTE="carter15kd5"]

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] thats wierd, i feel bad for people who make it their business to tell people what they s hould and should not look forward too. the conduit COULD turn out to be a really good solid game, you dont know. garrett_duffman

i never told anyone not to like the conduiit im just saying wii owner are blinded by the truth that conduit was hype so much by high voltage and the game doesnt look good online seems boring but i guess wii users are only used to boring chopping online gameplay for fps games

... thats all we HAVE. we dont get to choose a game with better online. we have nothing to go on but HVS's word, and they speak a darn good word

although i semi agree with you this makes me glad toown a pc for my fps and a wii for the first party games and the few 3rd party games that are good

also HVS track record hasnt been so great i think they made the mistake of hypeing the game more then they clearly could produce

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#221 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

This is dread awful

COD:WAW Wii has achievements and unlockables.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 wiifan001
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]

This is dread awful

Still doesn't change the fact that this is abysmal.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]

This is dread awful

... why is this abysmal, this is really good news...
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 wiifan001
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] COD:WAW Wii has achievements and unlockables.garrett_duffman

... why is this abysmal, this is really good news...

because I know that people put time to come up with ideas that generate useless rewards instead of polishing up the game. Achievements for..."those" other consoles, not the geniune Wii.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 kardine
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

This is dread awful

Oh noes its teh end of the worldz
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Achievements and trophies don't take anything away from games on "those consoles". This news is just fine.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 wiifan001
I'm not going to claim that achievements are going to be the reason for the conduit's downfall if it does have a downfall, but achievements are just dumb The next thing I'll probably here is: "Then don't do them, simple as that." Well, I'd rather have more polished, clean looking game than useless things. Heck, I'd even settle for additional unlockables over achievements. Enjoy the achievements for those who are excited, but I'm not impressed with it.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

Well, I'd rather have more polished, clean looking game than useless things.wiifan001
Yeah because the people working on the graphics are the same people working on the achievements.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 wiifan001
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Well, I'd rather have more polished, clean looking game than useless things.AlexSays
Yeah because the same people working on the graphics are the people working on the achievements.

you know never know, they could be any area would be fine really
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]Well, I'd rather have more polished, clean looking game than useless things.wiifan001
Yeah because the same people working on the graphics are the people working on the achievements.

you know never know, they could be any area would be fine really

gameplay over graphics, not that the graphics are even bad to begin with, it seems like you're just trying to find something to complain about.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#231 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with acheivements either. It gives it more of a reason to keep playing it.

also, is this still available for pre-order here?

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 carter15kd5

making the achievements probaly took less then a hour to think of 100 head shot play on each map they dont take to long to make

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#233 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
Achievements and Unlockables add to the games potential
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#234 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

I don't see anything wrong with acheivements either. It gives it more of a reason to keep playing it.

also, is this still available for pre-order here?

online leaderboards like WAW are more meaningful than achievements tho.I want that.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 kardine

This fear of achievements is illogical. Your saying that these achievements might have gotten in the way of polish. First of all you do not know how simple these achievements are they could be very simple to implement or they could take some time. Either way it is irrelevant because developers and publishers know how to manage resources and allocate time. They would not sacrifice the core game and most devs wouldn't. Secondly if you want to point fingers and say which features are getting in the way of others you go down a slippery slope. You guys assume that achievements are this burden for devs that are enslaved to forever make them on their 360 games.

If these achievements are tied to unlockables in some way and thats exactly what makes them fun.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 wiifan001
[QUOTE="kardine"]

This fear of achievements is illogical. Your saying that these achievements might have gotten in the way of polish. First of all you do not know how simple these achievements are they could be very simple to implement or they could take some time. Either way it is irrelevant because developers and publishers know how to manage resources and allocate time. They would not sacrifice the core game and most devs wouldn't. Secondly if you want to point fingers and say which features are getting in the way of others you go down a slippery slope. You guys assume that achievements are this burden for devs that are enslaved to forever make them on their 360 games.

If these achievements are tied to unlockables in some way and thats exactly what makes them fun.

And I say you took way too much thinking and went to some extent pessimistic. I don't like achievements, and I think they're dumb. I don't know how you came up with "fear" of achievements, but that is illogical. No one bought a Wii because they fear achievements and they knew that they weren't being utilized nearly as much as "those other consoles"
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="kardine"]

wiifan001

And I say you took way too much thinking and went to some extent pessimistic. I don't like achievements, and I think they're dumb. I don't know how you came up with "fear" of achievements, but that is illogical. No one bought a Wii because they fear achievements and they knew that they weren't being utilized nearly as much as "those other consoles"

Its pretty easy to come up with saying your "fear" of achievements by the way your downing the game having achievements for no good reason:P Were you attacked by an achievement at some point in your life?

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 kardine
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="kardine"]

Its pretty easy to come up with saying your "fear" of achievements by the way your downing the game having achievements for no good reason:P Were you attacked by an achievement at some point in your life?

See its not just me. Some people on here escalate achievements to some evil monster.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 intro94
i dont like them personally(as i said i love leaderboards way more) BUT is not like i care.I mean, woopedoo conduit will have achievements, okay.The game is not a tiny bit less as good because of having that feature.And for some it will be a bit better.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 haziqonfire
Achievements are useless. I guess its nice they are in the game but they don't add much or take much away from the game.. they're just .. useless.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Pices
http://blogs.ign.com/NightlifeCommando/2009/04/21/118469/ Here is an interesting article about the conduit's graphics
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 intro94
It is all very true and honest.But regarding black, its a special case.I did have the original Ps2 black, and, if you quickly search it through google or youtube today, the comments will be very often of how it looks on par with ps3 games (a gross overstatement although it does hold up to some of them at some points).But from my experience with Black, its framerate isnt as consistant, the lighting and shadows effects(which ,if you play it yourself, will appeaar more artificial) show their age,.Of course it has no water effects and has barebone physics(very limited ones).It has destructible environments(which is awesome), but when you play it, you notice they feel fake.The animations are stiff, and the character textures are last gen. Conduit is not out there, but if you compare it to world at war for wii, it really doesnt stands out too well(after all, i got both games).Id say,try not to compare an unreleased game with a released one, no matter how many videos are out there, till you experience it first hand.Of course,this is not about WAW and Black.Its unfair to compare black with it.But i think is not right to compare Conduit with Black.A
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#243 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

http://blogs.ign.com/NightlifeCommando/2009/04/21/118469/

Here is an interesting article about the conduit's graphicsPices

Added to the first post.

And I've also added to the first post a video of single-player gameplay that I thought actually looked pretty good. The part at the Jefferson Memorial seemed particularly good, graphically speaking - I'm hoping that that bodes well for the rest of the game in terms of their ability and willingness to tweak and augment the graphics in this critical endgame, given that that's something that they've bragged endlessly about.

EDIT: And one more I thought was particularly interesting - a comparison of early development graphics versus current graphics, showcasing exactly how graphics can improve over time.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Pices
That is right. Graphics have changed notably. I guess the only way they could be judged is playing the game in person (especially on an HD TV)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#245 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

That is right. Graphics have changed notably. I guess the only way they could be judged is playing the game in person (especially on an HD TV)Pices

Or look at a pic of the game now which we've all done?

This "oh it looks better in motion" is complete hooey. So they have to rely on blur to make it look good?

Also what gets me is the background. So the environments are going to look good in motion?

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Pices
Yup, you can't judge by screenshots. I made that mistake and took my word for it.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 haziqonfire
Yup, you can't judge by screenshots. I made that mistake and took my word for it.Pices
You completely can - people do it all the time on the forums. I don't see why its all of a sudden say because of the conduit, you have to 'see it in motion' to judge it. People have been judging games by their screen shots for a long, long time.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Pices
[QUOTE="Pices"]Yup, you can't judge by screenshots. I made that mistake and took my word for it.Haziqonfire
You completely can - people do it all the time on the forums. I don't see why its all of a sudden say because of the conduit, you have to 'see it in motion' to judge it. People have been judging games by their screen shots for a long, long time.

But that is NOT the correct way to judge it.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 haziqonfire

But that is NOT the correct way to judge it. Pices

It is if you're looking at visuals and visuals alone - I've rarely come across a game that looked different than what I thought it would from screens - thats what they are there for - and videos - so people can decide if its something that'll be interesting for them or not. Its the same reason we have movie trailers and on set pictures.

kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 kardine

[QUOTE="Pices"]But that is NOT the correct way to judge it. Haziqonfire

It is if you're looking at visuals and visuals alone - I've rarely come across a game that looked different than what I thought it would from screens - thats what they are there for - and videos - so people can decide if its something that'll be interesting for them or not. Its the same reason we have movie trailers and on set pictures.

There are plenty of games that REQUIRE one to look at the footage in motion. Metroid Prime 3 looks much worse in still shots or Cursed Mountain, one of the best examples I can come up with is this game. CM looks so much better with the particle effects and the atmosphere of approaching lanscapes.

Your trying to make it sound like its in the eye of the beholder, but it is not. There are games that objectively look better in motion, its just the way it is.