Official Conduit thread - 7.4 avg. (6.5 @ GS, 8.6 @ IGN)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'm hoping that they pull it off, but I'm not exactly going to hold my breath - my view on it is that it could be good, but it still looks like it needs work... which, like I said, is kinda weird, and makes me wonder what they've been doing over the past months.

GabuEx

playing World of Warcraft. They forgot to finish the game!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh noez

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#52 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Well see my whole thing has been yes, the Wii can have it's generic shooter game that does nothing new. Just like it can have it's generic puzzle game and generic platform game and generic racing game. Those are fine.

What really got my daffodils in a hammock is the fact that people starting hyping this thing as the next huge game and the real "HARDCORZ" game on the Wii. Then I realized that this game became something it had no hope of ever becoming.

People are in the "this will save the Wii" mentality and this game has as much chance of "saving" the Wii as handing out antibiotics today trying to save someone who died from a staph infection in 1986.

People are saying it's the best looking game ever on the Wii and it's good but it's not great. All the aliens look like they were bathed in Vaseline and look at this...

So not only do Ruffles have ridges but so do all doorways in the Conduit? The protagonist has to evade aliens AND razor sharp woodwork?

I don't mind that the game is here, I'm not one of those people who wish it was never made. Although the mentality it's brought with it could be left behind and I wouldn't bat an eyelash

Jaysonguy

I'm sure you've known this a while, but many just can't understand thata hardcore/casual game doesn't determine the quality of a game. This"hardcore Conduit game"is just bringing excitement of being a wii exclusive, and nothing more. If it wereon any other console, this game would probably be looked down on.

Through that image you have shown, I see that the jagged edgesstilll exist even after all this time. And it's not just the doors but also the walls, the painting,even the aliens. Worse, High Voltage completely did succeed in the hyping. Statements of this being comparable to a 360/PS3 game in terms of visualsfrom High Voltage in addition to innovation (a.k.a the not so innovative all-seeing eye) and having fewer than 10 FPS titles since the Wii's launch in a span of over 2 and 1/2 years it is really of no surprise that the hype has gone insane.

Is it generic? Yes. Will it have 360/PS3 visuals? Heck no. Is it innovative? Not at all. To top it all off, I'm betting that The Conduit won't sell a million.

Yet, I got to give credit for High Voltage really trying and setting some good ideas for an exclusive title built from the ground up: 12 player online, Wii Speak compatibility, fully customiazble HUD as examples. I think it'll be a fine addition to the Wii library especiallyfor itsFPS line up, but many will be disappointed unfortunately.

Besides, I'm in the mood for a title like this outside of Metroid Prime 3 that isn't Mature rated and isn't better on another console (*looks at Call of Duty titles*)

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
This is good - hopefully it'll improve the forum from clutter and lots of topics about the game.Haziqonfire
agree... and thx heaven for this thread...
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

The Conduit is hyped as the first full featured FPS on the Wii with the best IR controls. Nobody has claimed it's going to be the best FPS ever (at least not seriously). Most people think it does look like fun though.

Metroid was the first FPS that was great

World at War was the one that was "full featured"

So you're saying what makes them special is that they're not doing anything new at all.

Most people put Metroid in the FPA category, but even if you concider it an FPS, it's simply OK as one. The single player was alright. Nothing special and it definitely felt dated. It also lacks online multiplayer and doesn't compare as an FPS gainst the better FPSs out there. You must be joking about World at War being full featured. The single player is missing modes and the online is severely gimped. Besides, not every game has to be special to be good. Not every Mario is special.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 psychobrew
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

but I find it hard to expect greatness after looking at their game list from the past five years.

lol...I had no idea that they dev'd all those games. Especially Leisure Suit Larry. I loved that game on the PS2

To me, it looks like they took what they could get (dev wise). I know that's no excuse for a crappy game, but have you ever heard of a child's game (specifically made for a cartoon or television show) that scored in the 9.0's+ ??? I'm sure there have been a few, but I guarantee it's alot harder to do so then a normal kids-adults game.

But my point is that they just don't have the experience with this kind of game, regardless of whether their past games were sufficient for their genres. There are completely different expectations from gamers and different challenges in the development process for a game like The Conduit than in any of the games they've worked on recently. And the few non-franchise Wii games that they've made are nothing special. That kind of thing really limits the level of hope I can have in this game being really good.

America's Army for Xbox would certainly have given them some experience, as would being a fan of the genre in general.
mamock116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 mamock116
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
cant wait
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.wiifan001
Me for a number of reasons.

A) I'm sick of FPS, overall.
B) It does nothing to separate itself from other FPS on the market, besides the control scheme. Conspiracy Story doesn't interest me.
C) I think the art direction is pretty ugly. Might be technically impressive but the art is just not my thing
D) The only "FPS" I can tolerate are hybrid games - like Metroid Prime or BioShock - otherwise I just cant. I had World at War because everyone said COD4's MP was amazing and CODWAW would be better - Sold it after a month - got bored of it.

I can see why people might want it - but to me, who I guess can be part of a core audience, this game does not fit my demographic - I've evolved as a gamer I guess you could say. Instead of sticking with mainstream titles I'm looking for niche/titles that are quirky, which is why I love the Wii.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

America's Army for Xbox would certainly have given them some experience, as would being a fan of the genre in general.psychobrew
That's true. They also worked on the GC version of Call of Duty 2 and a PSP version of Ghost Recon, but they didn't create those games from scratch. Still, at least it's something. I wonder why those weren't listed on Gamespot's page.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.Haziqonfire
Me for a number of reasons. A) I'm sick of FPS, overall. B) It does nothing to separate itself from other FPS on the market, besides the control scheme. Conspiracy Story doesn't interest me. C) I think the art direction is pretty ugly. Might be technically impressive but the art is just not my thing D) The only "FPS" I can tolerate are hybrid games - like Metroid Prime or BioShock - otherwise I just cant. I had World at War because everyone said COD4's MP was amazing and CODWAW would be better - Sold it after a month - got bored of it.

Well it's normal to be uninterested in a game, and it's good to not troll or flame about it, which I know you don't do here on these boards, Haz.

ciotous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ciotous
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The frenzy about this game imo is due that it's the first in his class for the wii console so whoever gets this game is going to make history in one way or another. I want to make history.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 psychobrew

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Anyone I like.

I have friends that want this game and I'm cool with that. It's not like I'm going to be like "OH YOU SUCK YOU JERK" if they get the game and since they want this game I don't want it to suck horribly.

On the other hand I really don't see anything good about this game.

Jaysonguy

I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.

Well see my whole thing has been yes, the Wii can have it's generic shooter game that does nothing new. Just like it can have it's generic puzzle game and generic platform game and generic racing game. Those are fine.

What really got my daffodils in a hammock is the fact that people starting hyping this thing as the next huge game and the real "HARDCORZ" game on the Wii. Then I realized that this game became something it had no hope of ever becoming.

People are in the "this will save the Wii" mentality and this game has as much chance of "saving" the Wii as handing out antibiotics today trying to save someone who died from a staph infection in 1986.

People are saying it's the best looking game ever on the Wii and it's good but it's not great. All the aliens look like they were bathed in Vaseline and look at this...

So not only do Ruffles have ridges but so do all doorways in the Conduit? The protagonist has to evade aliens AND razor sharp woodwork?

I don't mind that the game is here, I'm not one of those people who wish it was never made. Although the mentality it's brought with it could be left behind and I wouldn't bat an eyelash

The aliens are an insect like race and insects do look shiny. That vasaline look is accurate, though the aliasing is a little disturbing (but I don't notice it in the gameplay videos). There are some people that are genuinly excited about this game and if you have a problem with that then you have a superiority complex. Instead of being a snob and hating on the game because some people have convinced themselves that game X or Y is going to "save" the Wii, just move on and let themremain excited. What's the harm in that?

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] Super mario galaxy. Im pretty sure no other platformer has done anything like that beforealexh_99
What was so new and unique about galaxy?

name any another platformer that was similar to galaxy

Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, pick a Sonic -- actually, pick any 3D platformer.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] What was so new and unique about galaxy?psychobrew

Do any of those games have gravity effects, platforming upsidedown and backwards and some of the best level design?
Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] What was so new and unique about galaxy?psychobrew

If you are saying that Sonic games are similar to Super Mario Galaxy then you have not played SMG.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"] I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.

Yeah I am. I'm not in love with what I've seen like other people but I'll rent it just to see how it turns out.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]America's Army for Xbox would certainly have given them some experience, as would being a fan of the genre in general.JordanElek

That's true. They also worked on the GC version of Call of Duty 2 and a PSP version of Ghost Recon, but they didn't create those games from scratch. Still, at least it's something. I wonder why those weren't listed on Gamespot's page.

Don't know, but everyone has to start somewhere anyway and I aplaud smaller developers for trying to make their dreams come true. It's good for the industry, but it's something that, unfortunately, is becomming more and more rare as budgets needed to make a game skyrocket. It won't be too much longer until we are stuck with the same games from the same developers over and over again. Does anyone really want a COD 25? Personally, I really don't expect The Conduit to be the greatest shooter ever. It just doesn't have the big time budgets of games like Halo 3 and Killzone 2. On the other hand, I know that I will prefer The Conduit to those titles for the simple fact that I can't stand playing FPSs on dual analog. Dual analog and FPS go together like a steak and jelly sandwich.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] name any another platformer that was similar to galaxyC-Lee

Do any of those games have gravity effects, platforming upsidedown and backwards and some of the best level design?

That's all it takes for you to concider Galaxy far superior to any other 3D platformer ever made? Playing upside down is annoying and doesn't do anything to separate itself from the annoying aspects of other 3D platformers.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 wiifan001
[QUOTE="wiifan001"] I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.AlexSays
Yeah I am. I'm not in love with what I've seen like other people but I'll rent it just to see how it turns out.

oh. well ok then. I don't keep track of who's interested in what game lol.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] name any another platformer that was similar to galaxyHomesrfan

If you are saying that Sonic games are similar to Super Mario Galaxy then you have not played SMG.

I played SMG for about half an hour before turning it off and giving the disk back to my brother. There just wasn't anything compelling me to keep playing. Mushroom men was better, butit didn't take long to get tired of that game too.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="wiifan001"] I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.wiifan001

Me for a number of reasons. A) I'm sick of FPS, overall. B) It does nothing to separate itself from other FPS on the market, besides the control scheme. Conspiracy Story doesn't interest me. C) I think the art direction is pretty ugly. Might be technically impressive but the art is just not my thing D) The only "FPS" I can tolerate are hybrid games - like Metroid Prime or BioShock - otherwise I just cant. I had World at War because everyone said COD4's MP was amazing and CODWAW would be better - Sold it after a month - got bored of it.

Well it's normal to be uninterested in a game, and it's good to not troll or flame about it, which I know you don't do here on these boards, Haz.

lol - I get called a troll for saying its art direction is ugly and its generic to me. :(. Even though I say I understand the effort HVS is putting into the title - im just not a fan of the direction of the art and the genre as a whole.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AlexSays
Dual analog and FPS go together like a steak and jelly sandwich.psychobrew
For you maybe. There's a ton of people that love playing dual analog. And the genre wouldn't be so successful on certain consoles if the controls didn't go with the games.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Dual analog and FPS go together like a steak and jelly sandwich.AlexSays
For you maybe. There's a ton of people that love playing dual analog. And the genre wouldn't be so successful on certain consoles if the controls didn't go with the games.

Personally, I kinda agree with him there. Dual analog works, but it's not ideal. After playing Metroid Prime 3 I find dual analog controls for FPS super clumsy in comparison. The Wii pretty much perfectly mimics the mouse-look mechanics in PC FPSes, which I find to be bar none the best FPS controls.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 wiifan001
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]

Me for a number of reasons. A) I'm sick of FPS, overall. B) It does nothing to separate itself from other FPS on the market, besides the control scheme. Conspiracy Story doesn't interest me. C) I think the art direction is pretty ugly. Might be technically impressive but the art is just not my thing D) The only "FPS" I can tolerate are hybrid games - like Metroid Prime or BioShock - otherwise I just cant. I had World at War because everyone said COD4's MP was amazing and CODWAW would be better - Sold it after a month - got bored of it.Haziqonfire

lol - I get called a troll for saying its art direction is ugly and its generic to me. :(. Even though I say I understand the effort HVS is putting into the title - im just not a fan of the direction of the art and the genre as a whole.

And I'm with cool that, because it's perfectly understandable.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Dual analog and FPS go together like a steak and jelly sandwich.AlexSays

Sure, but if you notice it's the people playing on dual analog that are tiring of the FPS genre. There's a reason for that -- the games just aren't as fast on dual analog as they are with other controls. You don't hear those complaints from Hermits, and the only Wii owners that complain about the FPS genre have only experienced it on other consoles with dual analog.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 psychobrew
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]

Me for a number of reasons. A) I'm sick of FPS, overall. B) It does nothing to separate itself from other FPS on the market, besides the control scheme. Conspiracy Story doesn't interest me. C) I think the art direction is pretty ugly. Might be technically impressive but the art is just not my thing D) The only "FPS" I can tolerate are hybrid games - like Metroid Prime or BioShock - otherwise I just cant. I had World at War because everyone said COD4's MP was amazing and CODWAW would be better - Sold it after a month - got bored of it.Haziqonfire

Perhaps it's the approach...You do come across as trying to rain on everyone's parade by telling Conduit fans the game isn't worth hyping and bad mouthing it every chance you get. I can pull quotes from your posting history if you'd like.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 danger_ranger95

@ C_Lee

I don't see how/why Galaxy is regarded as greatness. I mean, it is a good game. But, it's built around a gimmick (gravity), and other than that, it didn't do anything that seperated it differently (gameplay wise) compared to it's older siblings.

It barely took advantage of the Wiimote, and all it took to attack an enemy was "waggle" which most people flip out about.

I just don't see what was so great

[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="psychobrew"]Dual analog and FPS go together like a steak and jelly sandwich.GabuEx

Personally, I kinda agree with him there. Dual analog works, but it's not ideal. After playing Metroid Prime 3 I find dual analog controls for FPS super clumsy in comparison. The Wii pretty much perfectly mimics the mouse-look mechanics in PC FPSes, which I find to be bar none the best FPS controls.

I agree....I hate playing FPS with Dual Analogs. I just played CoD4 MW for the first time the other night because my buddy picked up a PS3, and I just put the controller down. I can't stand playing those with regular gamepads now. I will say though.....if I had to chose, I would definitely play with the DualShock before the "garden rock" that M$ calls a controller.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I don't see how/why Galaxy is regarded as greatness. I mean, it is a good game. But, it's built around a gimmick (gravity), and other than that, it didn't do anything that seperated it differently (gameplay wise) compared to it's older siblings.danger_ranger95
It's the first 3D Mario game to accomplish the feel of the 2D games while keeping it fresh and adding new elements. The closest thing prior to Galaxy was the Fluddless levels in Sunshine. And the gravity is more than a gimmick because it substantially affects the gameplay. It's no more a gimmick than the stars in Mario 64, or Yoshi in Mario World, or egg-shooting in Yoshi's Island, or the raccoon suit in Mario 3.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AlexSays

Sure, but if you notice it's the people playing on dual analog that are tiring of the FPS genre. There's a reason for that -- the games just aren't as fast on dual analog as they are with other controls. You don't hear those complaints from Hermits, and the only Wii owners that complain about the FPS genre have only experienced it on other consoles with dual analog.psychobrew

People are tiring of the genre?

Not really. You've been in System Wars, most of it is composed of 360/PS3 owners and most of them love FPS games.

I don't understand what you're saying.

There are certainly more 360/PS3 owners than Wii owners that like FPS games. So if 360/PS3 owners are tiring of the genre, Wii owners must hate it.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]I don't see how/why Galaxy is regarded as greatness. I mean, it is a good game. But, it's built around a gimmick (gravity), and other than that, it didn't do anything that seperated it differently (gameplay wise) compared to it's older siblings.JordanElek

It's the first 3D Mario game to accomplish the feel of the 2D games while keeping it fresh and adding new elements. The closest thing prior to Galaxy was the Fluddless levels in Sunshine. And the gravity is more than a gimmick because it substantially affects the gameplay. It's no more a gimmick than the stars in Mario 64, or Yoshi in Mario World, or egg-shooting in Yoshi's Island, or the raccoon suit in Mario 3.

well I guess "gimmick" was the wrong word to use, because it was more than that I guess. You make a very valid point, but I still don't see what was so great about it.

again, I will say it's a top quality Nintendo title that many other games out there can't touch. I don't consider it one of the greatest games of all time though. Maybe it's just me that thinks that way though :P

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Sure, but if you notice it's the people playing on dual analog that are tiring of the FPS genre. There's a reason for that -- the games just aren't as fast on dual analog as they are with other controls. You don't hear those complaints from Hermits, and the only Wii owners that complain about the FPS genre have only experienced it on other consoles with dual analog.AlexSays

People are tiring of the genre?

Not really. You've been in System Wars, most of it is composed of 360/PS3 owners and most of them love FPS games.

I don't understand what you're saying.

There are certainly more 360/PS3 owners than Wii owners that like FPS games. So if 360/PS3 owners are tiring of the genre, Wii owners must hate it.

There are a number of people both here and in the System Wars forums that are saying they are sick of the FPS genre.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AlexSays

There are a number of people both here and in the System Wars forums that are saying they are sick of the FPS genre.psychobrew

Sales indicate the genre is growing.

The FPS genre is becoming more and more popular, and it's heavily favored by 360/PS3 (dual-analog) owners.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

@ C_Lee

I don't see how/why Galaxy is regarded as greatness. I mean, it is a good game. But, it's built around a gimmick (gravity), and other than that, it didn't do anything that seperated it differently (gameplay wise) compared to it's older siblings.

It barely took advantage of the Wiimote, and all it took to attack an enemy was "waggle" which most people flip out about.

>danger_ranger95
GOTY at IGN, GS, and GT 3rd at Game Rankings....
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Do any of those games have gravity effects, platforming upsidedown and backwards and some of the best level design?C-Lee

Thanks, you took the words right out of my mouth:P

That's all it takes for you to concider Galaxy far superior to any other 3D platformer ever made? Playing upside down is annoying and doesn't do anything to separate itself from the annoying aspects of other 3D platformers.

psychobrew

Yes thats all it takes, because it takes a new spin on the platforming genre Meaning that no other platforming game has done something like that. The conduit looks like it will be a good fps (dont get me wrong), but people are saying that it is not going to do anything new for the FPS Genre and i happen to agree with them.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AlexSays
The Conduit is going to be a AAA title.snover2009
On this site, right? Just trying to work out all the kinks before June 22nd, which might very well be a bad day for you.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]There are a number of people both here and in the System Wars forums that are saying they are sick of the FPS genre.AlexSays

Sales indicate the genre is growing.

The FPS genre is becoming more and more popular, and it's heavily favored by 360/PS3 (dual-analog) owners.

I suppose it could be that, like The Conduit, anything popular will have its haters. I'm simply stating what I've heard, and it's possible the people saying this never liked FPSs in the first place.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 psychobrew
[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

[QUOTE="C-Lee"]

Thanks, you took the words right out of my mouth:P

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

Yes thats all it takes, because it takes a new spin on the platforming genre Meaning that no other platforming game has done something like that. The conduit looks like it will be a good fps (dont get me wrong), but people are saying that it is not going to do anything new for the FPS Genre and i happen to agree with them.

I don't think the Conduit will do anything for the FPS genre outside of the Wii, and I've yet to hear anybody say otherwise. I don't think Galaxy did anything for platforming either
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AlexSays
I suppose it could be that, like The Conduit, anything popular will have its haters. I'm simply stating what I've heard, and it's possible the people saying this never liked FPSs in the first place.psychobrew
Oh well certainly. For everything nice like puppies and kittens there's always people that hate them. lol No doubt some of the people saying The Conduit doesn't look good wouldn't be interested no matter how it turned out. Personally I think most Wii owners interested in the genre will enjoy this game.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="alexh_99"] Yes thats all it takes, because it takes a new spin on the platforming genre Meaning that no other platforming game has done something like that. The conduit looks like it will be a good fps (dont get me wrong), but people are saying that it is not going to do anything new for the FPS Genre and i happen to agree with them.

psychobrew

I don't think the Conduit will do anything for the FPS genre outside of the Wii, and I've yet to hear anybody say otherwise. I don't think Galaxy did anything for platforming either

ok im glad we agree on the conduit aspect of it, but Galaxy was never done before, and that is why it was praised highly among reviewers. But hey you have your opinion i have mine

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

@ C_Lee

>C-Lee

GOTY at IGN, GS, and GT 3rd at Game Rankings....

which is great!!! If I was Shigeru/Nintendo, I'd be proud because that's quite the feat!

I'm not saying it's a bad game...again it's a very solid entry in the series, but I just don't see why it's held to be one of the greatest games when all it did differently was a few view changes, and had gravity effects.

It's the same thing (core gameplay wise) compared to SM64 and Sunshine. Slap a new coat of paint on it (gravity), and people adore it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

oh and btw Jayson if you're reading this I'll have you know I wasn't really distracted from an earlier discussion, I chose to just let it go ;) I trust you'll figure out what I'm implying.

wiifan001

Indeed I do my friend, indeed I do

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I'll at least give this a rent, but I'm afraid I'm gonna be disappointed. It just looks rather bland and unoriginal. There doesn't seem to be anything exciting coming from this game.
snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
I think people fell in love with the PR spin that came off the developers tongue. You have to admire the effort, but I'm hoping it turns out well, so we can see some more stuff from these guys, and helps them get on their feet. They seem like they could really push the Wii if they got some great artists and tech behind their development schedule. As for the game itself, I fell in love with the idea at first, but with each passing trailer and feature, my excitement went down. I don't know why exactly. Most likely because of the saturatedness of the title on IGN. I'll give it a rent.
Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Anyone I like.

I have friends that want this game and I'm cool with that. It's not like I'm going to be like "OH YOU SUCK YOU JERK" if they get the game and since they want this game I don't want it to suck horribly.

On the other hand I really don't see anything good about this game.

Jaysonguy

I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.

I see what you mean. As generic as this game seems, it's still a symbol of Devs trying. Whose to say that this will show devs what they can do with the system and lead them to improve their quality or make more Wii-exclusive games(and ones of a higher quality). This game may not save the Wii by being the best game on the market, but it has the potential to improve its future(then again, it's already looking bright, so there goes that). Hmm... Maybe you have a point. The character models look great, but everything around them looks... meh. They don't blend together well. If you're going to use specularity highlights and bump mapping on character models, use them in the environments as well. The water is the only thing in the environment that looks particularly good. It's like they had an idea of how the environments were to be layed out and how the character models looked, but never made an attempt to make them look like they were made for the same game. The alien looks like it was cropped and pasted into the scene and not like it's really there. I don't know much about gameplay yet since I'd have to play the game to fully know what it's like. I'm still looking forward to this game though. It looks like it could provide a good time. P.S. I don't thing this game is rendered at 480p, which would explain why the jaggies are so big and noticeable and why the models are so much better than ones in other games- because when a game is rendered at a lower resolution than normal, the system can handle more but attempts to clean up the models are less effective. But I'm not sure...