Ocarina of Time: The best 3DS game so far.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hulkhogan2050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hulkhogan2050
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Nothing tops this Zelda classic.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
The best Zelda game I ever played was Darksiders.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Best game of all time.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Nah. Its a game I played many many times. I was really disappointed with the 3DS port. It looked better and the menus were a little more convenient but thats about it. I wanted some new content or something that made it feel like a new game like Mario 64 DS or any of the other past nintendo remakes. 

if I wanted to play through ocarina again, I'd rather just play it on my n64 on my TV

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I do like Ocarina of Time alot, but my favorite game on Nintendo 3DS at the moment is Resident Evil Revelations, which might be replaced with Pokemon X and Y later this year.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Imo the real best original 3Ds game is Fire Emblem. Every minute of that game is non stop glory.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I agree with both of VendettaRed07's posts. OoT3D is a great game, but it's closer to an enhanced port than a "remake." A remake needs more than updated visuals and some minor control changes, and I'm a tad disappointed with what was offered for 4x the price of the original on the Virtual Console. Just a tad... Like I said, it's still a great game.

+1 Vote for Fire Emblem Awakening as Best 3DS game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I agree with both of VendettaRed07's posts. OoT3D is a great game, but it's closer to an enhanced port than a "remake." A remake needs more than updated visuals and some minor control changes, and I'm a tad disappointed with what was offered for 4x the price of the original on the Virtual Console. Just a tad... Like I said, it's still a great game.

+1 Vote for Fire Emblem Awakening as Best 3DS game.

ANIMEguy10034
Zelda? Hardly. I'd say that Samurai Warriors was a better game. OoT ended up feeling like a slog before I ever finished the Fire dungeon. Fire Emblem was heart stoppingly awesome, but I have to give my vote to MH3U. It's a great action rpg with lots of nifty bells and whistles and looking at those huge monsters in 3D was a real treat.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

If I were to vote for my absolute favorite 3DS game, it will go to MH3U. Over 500 hours and there's still so much more to hunt, farm, and forge. Can't wait to drain my life away with MH4. :D
but my non-biased vote goes to Fire Emblem. :P

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
bravely default will wipe everything off once it releases.. right now for me its professor layton and miracle mask..
Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

OOT is pretty great.  Good enough that I wish there was more like it.  It bothers me that there isn't anything remotely comparable on the system.

If you get a PS3 and you liked Killzone or something, there's like 20, 30 other FPS games to choose from.  If you liked God of War, there's more like that too.  Virtually any popular game on home consoles has its imitations and competitors.

I really like the experience of exploration in Zelda and the immersive nature of the visuals, but once you're finished, that's it.

I'm hoping this situation will change in time.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

I would agree with you TC however, Fire Emblem is soo good and easily one of my favorite games ever made.

Firefly1jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Firefly1jedi
Member since 2006 • 1364 Posts

Ok I will admit it is a good game, but the fact that they keep making it for every system they have and charging it like its new is annoying. I mean it started on N64, then GC, then Wii, now 3DS and there still charging $40? :? I mean i think that they have already got there money out of the game! They should have made it a $10 download and stopped there.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, the notion that it's the best is disgusting.

The game has aged poorly and was such a fly by night port in order to try to save the 3DS that in some ways it's a mess of an already outdated game.

There's much better games on the 3DS at this point.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#15 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Eh. Ocarina of Time isn't even the best Zelda game you can play on 3DS. That title would go to Oracle of Ages.

My new vote for favorite 3DS game is: Shin Megami Tensei: Demon Summoner: Soul Hackers. For starters, it just let me use three colons in one sentence which is great in its own right. More so than that though, it is a great old-school RPG w/ an interesting setting, good voice acting and lots of tense gameplay. Definitely one of the best RPGs I've played in a year.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#16 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

there are many games that beat "this Zelda cIassic", several of them in the same series (cough Wind Waker and Majora's Mask cough cough). OoT is a great game; I've played through it two or three times, which is rare for me in a game of its genre.  But it has been surpassed by many other games.

For the time, it was definitely amazing, but the other games in the series have outdone it, and aged much better.  Wind Waker, for instance, still looks jaw droppingly gorgeous.  Majora's Mask still holds up great because of its atmospehre and more consistent level design.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 turtlethetaffer

Eh. Ocarina of Time isn't even the best Zelda game you can play on 3DS. That title would go to Oracle of Ages.

My new vote for favorite 3DS game is: Shin Megami Tensei: Demon Summoner: Soul Hackers. For starters, it just let me use three colons in one sentence which is great in its own right. More so than that though, it is a great old-school RPG w/ an interesting setting, good voice acting and lots of tense gameplay. Definitely one of the best RPGs I've played in a year.

logicalfrank

Oracle of Ages. Yes. Give this man a thrity two pack of beer, vaseline, and four hookers.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Replaying the game in 3D was pretty awesome.
kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kaitanuvax
Member since 2007 • 3814 Posts

Fire Emblem Awakening is.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

there are many games that beat "this Zelda cIassic", several of them in the same series (cough Wind Waker and Majora's Mask cough cough). OoT is a great game; I've played through it two or three times, which is rare for me in a game of its genre.  But it has been surpassed by many other games.

For the time, it was definitely amazing, but the other games in the series have outdone it, and aged much better.  Wind Waker, for instance, still looks jaw droppingly gorgeous.  Majora's Mask still holds up great because of its atmospehre and more consistent level design.

turtlethetaffer
! Wind Waker doesn't hold a candle to OoT or ALTTP. The visuals and music are great in WW, but that's about it. It's spoiled by the easy dungeons and puzzles, not to mention the combat. Don't even get me started on the triforce quest which is only there to artificially lengthen the game. And there's only 5 dungeons which are all short and there's only 1 good one(Earth temple). Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But not even close to best Zelda. LTTP, OoT, the Oracle games, Majoras Mask, Link's Awakening, the original LoZ are all better.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It's a great game, but no.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are all better titles for the 3DS.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
Not to mention Arkham Origins: Blackgate is going to trounce every 3DS game- first or third party- to date come October.
Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

Fire Emblem Awakening is.

kaitanuvax

Correct.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blabadon
Not to mention Arkham Origins: Blackgate is going to trounce every 3DS game- first or third party- to date come October.El_Zo1212o
Eeeeeeven Virtue's Last Reward?
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Not to mention Arkham Origins: Blackgate is going to trounce every 3DS game- first or third party- to date come October.Blabadon

I gotta say, I was ldss than floored with 999, so I've been hesitant to shell our for VLR. But regardless of how amazing the story is for Zero Escape, I think Batman will end up being more fun.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
The best remake is Ocarina of Time. The best original title is Fire Emblem Awakening.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

My top game for the system is Fire Emblem, followed by Kid Icarus and Soul Hackers.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
you spelled Fire Emblem wrong
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

-Halftime-

! Wind Waker doesn't hold a candle to OoT or ALTTP. The visuals and music are great in WW, but that's about it. It's spoiled by the easy dungeons and puzzles, not to mention the combat. Don't even get me started on the triforce quest which is only there to artificially lengthen the game. And there's only 5 dungeons which are all short and there's only 1 good one(Earth temple). Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But not even close to best Zelda. LTTP, OoT, the Oracle games, Majoras Mask, Link's Awakening, the original LoZ are all better.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I personally think Wind Waker is better since it really fleshed out the world more and gave us a shit ton of stuff to do.  Plus the soundtrack is amazing.

But Majora's Mask is still my all time fav.  Favorite 2D game is Link's Awakening, although it's really closely tied with Oracle of Ages.

A Link to the Past is an amazing game, too, but I think people over rate it a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The game has aged poorly and was such a fly by night port in order to try to save the 3DS that in some ways it's a mess of an already outdated game.

Jaysonguy
It feels odd to say, but I agree with Jasonguy. The first and third sentences anyway. For OoT to have aged poorly, it would have ment Zelda games have gone forward since it came out.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are better Zelda titles imo
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

darkspineslayer

It feels odd to say, but I agree with Jasonguy. The first and third sentences anyway. For OoT to have aged poorly, it would have ment Zelda games have gone forward since it came out.

Several of the Zelda games since have surpassed OoT in terms of everything.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion are my picks for original 3DS games.
Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Not to mention Arkham Origins: Blackgate is going to trounce every 3DS game- first or third party- to date come October.El_Zo1212o

I gotta say, I was ldss than floored with 999, so I've been hesitant to shell our for VLR. But regardless of how amazing the story is for Zero Escape, I think Batman will end up being more fun.

In October you are forgetting that Pokemon will dominate. :P  But yes I did not see the huge cult following of 999 when I beat it.  Yes it was good but I saw that twist coming several hours ago.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

OOT 3D is the better port of the game. Stunning. LTTP and OOT are my favorite Zelda games. I dislike MM, and wonder why its liked by so many tbh. WW is good, but I hated sailing for 30 mins. to get somwhere. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Eeeeeeven Virtue's Last Reward?Sora278

In October you are forgetting that Pokemon will dominate. :P  But yes I did not see the huge cult following of 999 when I beat it.  Yes it was good but I saw that twist coming several hours ago.

Which twist? Because I think that there's no way in hell anyone could have seen the events of the True Ending coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

turtlethetaffer

With the exception of MM, they've been chasing that lightning that OoT caught.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] It feels odd to say, but I agree with Jasonguy. The first and third sentences anyway. For OoT to have aged poorly, it would have ment Zelda games have gone forward since it came out.darkspineslayer

With the exception of MM, they've been chasing that lightning that OoT caught.

Eh, I think Wind waker really did its own thing.  I think it was one of the few recent oens that really tried to set itself apart from OoT. (as far 3D ones go.  The DS ones were quite their own beasts.)

WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

Resident Evil Revelations. The game so good that I bought it twice.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] I gotta say, I was ldss than floored with 999, so I've been hesitant to shell our for VLR. But regardless of how amazing the story is for Zero Escape, I think Batman will end up being more fun.turtlethetaffer

Which twist? Because I think that there's no way in hell anyone could have seen the events of the True Ending coming.

About Ace?  Let me guess, I have to beat the game a bunch of times for every ending to get the True Ending?

Abagnam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Abagnam
Member since 2013 • 122 Posts

Ok I will admit it is a good game, but the fact that they keep making it for every system they have and charging it like its new is annoying. I mean it started on N64, then GC, then Wii, now 3DS and there still charging $40? :? I mean i think that they have already got there money out of the game! They should have made it a $10 download and stopped there.

Firefly1jedi
I agree. Plus, they could have done at least the remake of Majoras Mask instead of this
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

Sora278

About Ace?  Let me guess, I have to beat the game a bunch of times for every ending to get the True Ending?

The whole point of the game is that you need to play it at least twice to get the True Ending :|

The game was meant to be played multiple times so that the player could get their questions answered. And no, you don't need to get all the endings, there is just one that is a prerequisite to get the full true Ending.  I'd reccomend looking up a flow chart so you can actually get thef full story on the game and you don't say such ludicrous things like "the twist was so predictable".  There's a ton more to the full story than that.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blabadon
Jesus Sora, use spoiler tags!
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points