Objectively What Makes you Confident Switch Will Be THE ONE

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I think it's fair to say that Nintendo has been on a sickening down turn, in terms of home console sales and quality of hardware/software since the end days of the N64 (I know, I know the Wii but lets get real here).

So what makes you confident that the switch will be any better than just another gimmick, like the previous 3 consoles? I know you're all going to be Nintendo fans in here but give me objective answers.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@soul_starter said:

I think it's fair to say that Nintendo has been on a sickening down turn, in terms of home console sales and quality of hardware/software since the end days of the N64 (I know, I know the Wii but lets get real here).

So what makes you confident that the switch will be any better than just another gimmick, like the previous 3 consoles? I know you're all going to be Nintendo fans in here but give me objective answers.

you saw the reveal right?

what gimmick are you seeing?

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soul_starter

@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:

You don't see what the gimmick is in a console that detaches and can be used as a mobile gaming device while using very tiny controllers?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@soul_starter: It will be different cause the console is different. It's a new innovative way to game. Will be lots of fun like all the Nintendo consoles have been.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I love the concept, it fixes the main issue I had with the Wii U, meaning that the portable will be in fact portable. If it had the power of the PS Pro or above I seriously think that the Switch could be a game changer. But I'll probably buy it day one.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KBFloYd

@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:

You don't see what the gimmick is in a console that detaches and can be used as a mobile gaming device while using very tiny controllers?

what? so just because you can play it outside and inside makes it a gimmick? that sounds like a great usable feature to me.

tiny controller?

no. its actually quite big

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KBFloYd

tiny controllers are only for multiplayer outside...

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

What gimmick? This is Nintendo's least gimmicky console since the Wii.

Anyway, what I'm most excited about is the potential handheld and console games library combined on the Switch. This could be huge.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I don't see the Switch as a new console, it is a new handheld and it has no competition at all. Detachable controllers are one of the best gaming ideas ever. You don't like the right stick on the bottom? Buy one where it's on top. You got a game like Guitar Hero? Get the "Guitar controller" to attach to it. You have a game which needs much more buttons? Get the "28 buttons" controller xD There is so muc potential on this handheld and I doubt Sony will bring a new Vita to compete with it

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:

You understand that you can use the tablet as a screen and still use a regular controller - as shown in the trailer?

The "gimmick" is the fact that Nintendo has fused it's portable with their home console. The possibilities now are endless.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Will the Nintendo Switch be the console to return Nintendo to it's former greatness? The N64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii, and finally Nintendo Wii U all did something critically wrong. Which lead to third party support for Nintendo consoles vanishing over time. The Nintendo Switch could be the console that returns Nintendo to top form. Not seen since the NES and SNES era's. This time Nintendo is promoting their strength in portable handheld gaming. Something that Nintendo has dominated since 1989 with the original Gameboy, continuing with the Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance. Then with the Nintendo DS, DSi, DSXL, DSiXL and finally with 3DS/3DSXL New3DS/New3DSXL. So from 1989 - 2016 Nintendo has done well with gaming on the go. Nintendo Switch seems to continue that trend. So March 2017 see Nintendo Switching things up.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 soul_starter

@iandizion713 said:

@soul_starter: It will be different cause the console is different. It's a new innovative way to game. Will be lots of fun like all the Nintendo consoles have been.

@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:

what? so just because you can play it outside and inside makes it a gimmick? that sounds like a great usable feature to me.

tiny controller?

@Megavideogamer said:

Will the Nintendo Switch be the console to return Nintendo to it's former greatness? The N64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii, and finally Nintendo Wii U all did something critically wrong. Which lead to third party support for Nintendo consoles vanishing over time. The Nintendo Switch could be the console that returns Nintendo to top form. Not seen since the NES and SNES era's. This time Nintendo is promoting their strength in portable handheld gaming. Something that Nintendo has dominated since 1989 with the original Gameboy, continuing with the Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance. Then with the Nintendo DS, DSi, DSXL, DSiXL and finally with 3DS/3DSXL New3DS/New3DSXL. So from 1989 - 2016 Nintendo has done well with gaming on the go. Nintendo Switch seems to continue that trend. So March 2017 see Nintendo Switching things up.

the quoting system on here sucks so I'll answer one by one.

Ian you sound like you're typing a press release.

KBfloyd you know the bigger controller has to be bought separately right?In fact, you're going to be paying fort he big in the middle.

Mega, thank you for a proper answer. I do think Nintendo have been a strong resource in the portable market. Thing is though, Nintendo are trying to reach the best of both worlds. Provide clever, Nintendo-ish on the go gaming but at the same time, be a home console worthy of comparison with the current tech. Can they achieve that? Even though they haven't been able to do the latter for almost 20 years.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iandizion713

@soul_starter: Nintendo dont want to go backwards, they want to push forward with innovative gameplay. If you want traditional gaming, play PC like everyone else.

PC has been gaming same since before Nintendo NES.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7263 Posts

The whole concept can be explained visually in a 30 second TV spot. I don't know if this will be "The One", but it will be much easier to market than the Wii U was.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

If its a noticeable upgrade from the power of the Wii U i may pick it up.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#16 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

The Switch is a great idea and I'm all for it. Just need to know more and how people respond to trying the dam thing!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:

tiny controller?

KBfloyd you know the bigger controller has to be bought separately right?In fact, you're going to be paying fort he big in the middle.

they are going to have two bundles i think.

one of them will either have the little thing in the middle in the box or the other xbox 360 looking controller.

a regular controller will be in the box this time.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@soul_starter: You realize that any feature of a console is a gimmick right? The updates to the PS4 and X1 for 4K is a gimmick. I think this system will for one will go over well in Japan. Nintendo has been dominating the landscape there for awhile and the audience there is all about the handheld experience. Having a strong presence in the US market will depend heavily upon legit 3rd party support.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Like it. Just hope third parties stick with it this time and not bail as many did with the Wii U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KBFloYd

@calway55 said:

Like it. Just hope third parties stick with it this time and not bail as many did with the Wii U.

yea. if it gets software after software after software.... it should become a must have for a lot of people.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Objectively?

There is no way we know...but the Wii U 2 concept seems popular.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soul_starter

@Sepewrath said:

@soul_starter: You realize that any feature of a console is a gimmick right? The updates to the PS4 and X1 for 4K is a gimmick. I think this system will for one will go over well in Japan. Nintendo has been dominating the landscape there for awhile and the audience there is all about the handheld experience. Having a strong presence in the US market will depend heavily upon legit 3rd party support.

You have a very poor understanding what the word gimmick.

@SolidTy said:

Objectively?

There is no way we know...but the Wii U 2 concept seems popular.

@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:
@soul_starter said:
@KBFloYd said:

tiny controller?

they are going to have two bundles i think.

one of them will either have the little thing in the middle in the box or the other xbox 360 looking controller.

a regular controller will be in the box this time.

solid, I'm beginning to think you're right lol why are people so loyal to companies that dont give a shit about them?

kbfloyd, yeah the pro controller is going to be sold separately so they may have a more expensive bundle for it, which is already a problem as I mentioned previously.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

This should have been the next step instead of the Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

It's the most powerful (no facts out yet, but i strongly believe it is) handheld gaming device out there, with proper controls.

That's all i need.

TV dock and split joy-con multiplayer can be considered gimmicks, but you never have to even do those. The device functions perfectly even without those features, so the gimmicks are not core-features like dual screen on 3DS, which you are gonna have to live with every time you pick it up.

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

The Switch is perfect for people like me. I work night shift 50 percent of the time and this thing will be great for killing time at work. Then factor in brand new Zelda and Mario games and Nintendo already have my money on launch day.

If we're going to forecast the success / failure of this new machine we should look at what went wrong with the Wii U and weather these problems have been taken care of this time.

First thing's first, the Wii U launched with no good games. New Super Mario and Nintendo land weren't going to sell systems. I'm a dedicated Nintendo fan from the NES days, but even I didn't get a Wii U for nearly 2 years because it had nothing for me to play. This was a gigantic mistake from Nintendo, but this time round we have Zelda and Mario straight out the gate.

Second big mistake that hurt the Wii U was terrible marketing that just confused the average Joe. People to this day still think it was an add on for the old Wii. Nintendo have obviously taken this on board, their little 3 minute trailer explained exactly what this thing does.

3rd mistake was the lack of 3rd party support, which was a direct result in the first two problems killing any chance of a good install base. 3rd parties will make games for any system that sells in numbers, Zelda + Mario will bring the initial sales numbers which will translate into good third party support.

So far so good, this could be Nintendo back on form.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@soul_starter said:

I just wanted a powerful Nintendo console (even more powerful than the PS4 Pro), a good controller, and no gimmicks :(

The sWiitch is essentially an Nvidia Shield, which no one cared about. With the exception of the Wii (a short lived fad) every Nintendo console has sold worse than the last. The Wii U continued that pattern and I see no reason that the sWiitch won't continue that decline :(

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KBFloYd

@skektek said:
@soul_starter said:

I just wanted a powerful Nintendo console (even more powerful than the PS4 Pro), a good controller, and no gimmicks :(

The sWiitch is essentially an Nvidia Shield, which no one cared about. With the exception of the Wii (a short lived fad) every Nintendo console has sold worse than the last. The Wii U continued that pattern and I see no reason that the sWiitch won't continue that decline :(

lol wii the short lived fad?

every device has motion controls now. even tv remotes lol

nintendo changed the electronics world forever with the wii.

but keep pretending like it was just some thing that came and went.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I'm betting the controller with the slide attachments(first image) will come with the console. The actual pro controller(second image) would be separate.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

I don't see the Switch as a new console, it is a new handheld and it has no competition at all. Detachable controllers are one of the best gaming ideas ever. You don't like the right stick on the bottom? Buy one where it's on top. You got a game like Guitar Hero? Get the "Guitar controller" to attach to it. You have a game which needs much more buttons? Get the "28 buttons" controller xD There is so muc potential on this handheld and I doubt Sony will bring a new Vita to compete with it

I completely agree with the extra accessory possibilities. Just imagine the 3rd party options that will come out.

I disagree with the idea that it's only a handheld. It's a hybrid. It definitely is a home console with full capabilities that you plug into a TV, so I don't think that should be completely ignored. Especially when the dock is basically guaranteed to add extra power to reach its full potential.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I would be confident if they decided to have two models....

...a cheaper one without the handheld... (would most likely buy just for Zelda)

I have plenty of screens and I don't game on handhelds.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iandizion713

@pyro1245: Thats a good ideal. Make a device without the extra screen. Although that screen probably doesnt add much to the price.

3DS had two screens, two cameras, and 3D face tracking sensor and price wasnt bad.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@iandizion713: true... but I also know that it will be docked indefinitely.

No chance of the cats knocking it off. Could be lower profile. Hell I don't even want physical games, just let me download them.

I'm not really worried about the price, just disappointed that it (once again) does not really align with what I want.

It could be a tiny black box as long as I can play Zelda with a regular controller.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iandizion713

@pyro1245: Yeah, i just dont really see the difference. For $25 extra bucks you get a cool feature. The Switch is basically exactly like your asking for, just has extra for super cheap.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#35 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@soul_starter said:

Coolyfett does not know. Coolyfett hopes it does well for gaming sake. Nintendo cant count on 3rd Parties. Nintendo has to make the 3rd Parties come to them, especially the American and Euro 3rd Parties. Japans 3rd Parties are their biggest supporter. Once they have tons of games they will be ok, but they need to be full speed ahead on first parties.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 soul_starter

@jut said:

The Switch is perfect for people like me. I work night shift 50 percent of the time and this thing will be great for killing time at work. Then factor in brand new Zelda and Mario games and Nintendo already have my money on launch day.

If we're going to forecast the success / failure of this new machine we should look at what went wrong with the Wii U and weather these problems have been taken care of this time.

First thing's first, the Wii U launched with no good games. New Super Mario and Nintendo land weren't going to sell systems. I'm a dedicated Nintendo fan from the NES days, but even I didn't get a Wii U for nearly 2 years because it had nothing for me to play. This was a gigantic mistake from Nintendo, but this time round we have Zelda and Mario straight out the gate.

Second big mistake that hurt the Wii U was terrible marketing that just confused the average Joe. People to this day still think it was an add on for the old Wii. Nintendo have obviously taken this on board, their little 3 minute trailer explained exactly what this thing does.

3rd mistake was the lack of 3rd party support, which was a direct result in the first two problems killing any chance of a good install base. 3rd parties will make games for any system that sells in numbers, Zelda + Mario will bring the initial sales numbers which will translate into good third party support.

So far so good, this could be Nintendo back on form.

That's a very optimistic way of looking at it and I'm all for a strong (and fair) Nintendo.

The issue is, no matter how well the Wii sold, it's 3rd party support was piss poor and with only 1 AAA Zelda and 2 AAA Marios, it didn't have a shit tonne going for it when it comes to games. I know, I know, there were all sorts of party games and cutesy platformers etc, which I think will work really well on a handheld but a home console has to be...more. Just more than what Nintendo have done for 20 years.

I still don't think they've learned from that to be honest but we'll see. What worries me is that NIntendo will try and milk this for every last penny, like they did their previous consoles. Extra costs for a basic controller (should be included anyway) and then I bet they'll add in stupid costs of battery packs and maybe even memory packs like back in the 90s. Which links back to me saying I hope for a strong (and fair) Nintendo.

This will need to launch with a main Zelda AND Mario. One is not going to be enough to appeal to anyone other than the Nintendo hardcore.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soul_starter

@Coolyfett said:
@soul_starter said:

Coolyfett does not know. Coolyfett hopes it does well for gaming sake. Nintendo cant count on 3rd Parties. Nintendo has to make the 3rd Parties come to them, especially the American and Euro 3rd Parties. Japans 3rd Parties are their biggest supporter. Once they have tons of games they will be ok, but they need to be full speed ahead on first parties.

lol

But I keep hearing about all these Japanese support for Nintendo but in real number terms, outside of the handhelds, where is this support. Even *** consumers are starting to cotton on. Both the PS1 and PS2 have sold a hell of a lot more than any Nintendo home console over there.

Nintendo has a lot of ground to make up and maybe Mario and Zelda will get traction in Japan and some in Europe/US but it will need genuine 3rd party developers and lets be real here, the best 3rd part devs are not in Japan any more.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soul_starter

@skektek said:
@soul_starter said:

Man it's so simple.

They need strong hardware and a strong 3rd party line up. One goes hand in hand with the other. I assume by it's release next year it will be under powered already. Nintendo have been 2 gen behind with their last 2 consoles. I doubt they're going to do all this gimmicky stuff and still have something to match the PS4.

It will probably have the graphical capabilities of the last gen and to counteract that, they will sell this on its versatility. Play where you like...or something like that lol

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@soul_starter said:
@skektek said:
@soul_starter said:

Man it's so simple.

They need strong hardware and a strong 3rd party line up. One goes hand in hand with the other. I assume by it's release next year it will be under powered already. Nintendo have been 2 gen behind with their last 2 consoles. I doubt they're going to do all this gimmicky stuff and still have something to match the PS4.

It will probably have the graphical capabilities of the last gen and to counteract that, they will sell this on its versatility. Play where you like...or something like that lol

Please tell me you're not serious with the 2 gens statement. Do you really want to tell me you think the Wii looks like a Ps1? Also you do know this is a handheld? If it comes close to Ps4s power, it's amazing for a handheld

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 soul_starter

@ArchoNils2: The Wii had the same capabilities than the PS2/GC era and the Wii U was only slightly better in terms of graphics and lagged behind more than a gen when it came to online support.

And yes, I know this is essentially a tablet which is great and it will play PS3 level graphics but it won't get close to the PS4. I know, I know, some one will post a spec sheet when it's released and say "wow, almost as good as PS4" but that won't be reality.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iandizion713

@soul_starter: Wii U has better graphics than PS3. This thing has better graphics than Wii U.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sepewrath

I'll say this about this system, it has a chance if Nintendo markets it correctly and gets the software. Reality is, there is no reason to own both a PS4 and X1, as the systems are practically identical in form and function. The Switch can come in and be peoples second console, to of course play Nintendo games and to play certain 3rd party games if they get them. I doubt they could take over something like CoD, people will always flock to PC and Live and such for a game like that. Things like sports games like Madden and 2K, could go over well on the system, as taking your franchise or season with you on the go to play a game or setup rosters in such during a commute or lunch break can be very enticing. The same thing goes for expansive games like Mass Effect or Fallout, it gives you more time to play them when you have to share a TV with a spouse or children and just in general. It's way too late to try and unseat Sony this gen, but it can find a spot and sell a lot of systems if they made the moves to do it. Speaking on price, if its sufficiently powerful, with these features, people shouldn't expect it to be $200.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iandizion713

@Sepewrath: Nintendo could potentially make it $199 and shock the world. I know its a reach, but it could happen.

3DS was around $199 in 2011 but featured backward compatibility, 3D, motion tracking, gyro, two screens with one being touch, and Cameras.

Wii U was around $299 in 2012 but was backward compatibility, disc drive, touch screen, gyro, NFC reader, and Cameras.

Nintendo could easily announce Switch for $199 stating its as powerful as PS4, no backward compatibility, no disc drive, no bluray, no touch screen, no gyro, no cameras, etc.

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

@Sepewrath said:

I'll say this about this system, it has a chance if Nintendo markets it correctly and gets the software. Reality is, there is no reason to own both a PS4 and X1, as the systems are practically identical in form and function. The Switch can come in and be peoples second console, to of course play Nintendo games and to play certain 3rd party games if they get them. I doubt they could take over something like CoD, people will always flock to PC and Live and such for a game like that. Things like sports games like Madden and 2K, could go over well on the system, as taking your franchise or season with you on the go to play a game or setup rosters in such during a commute or lunch break can be very enticing. The same thing goes for expansive games like Mass Effect or Fallout, it gives you more time to play them when you have to share a TV with a spouse or children and just in general. It's way too late to try and unseat Sony this gen, but it can find a spot and sell a lot of systems if they made the moves to do it. Speaking on price, if its sufficiently powerful, with these features, people shouldn't expect it to be $200.

This post nails it. Nintendo won't try to compete with Sony of Microsoft this late into the generation. There's really no point when you consider that there are already 60-70 million consoles out there that can play the newest third party games. It's important for Nintendo to get support, but they simply can't compete with what's out there. This is why it's essential for Nintendo to come at it at a new angle, which is exactly what they're doing.

EDIT: Also, price is super important. If Nintendo can sell the Switch at around 200-250 USD, it'll fly off the shelves. I'm guessing it'll be around 300 USD, but I'm afraid that at that price point it'll be too expensive for the general public.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sepewrath

@iandizion713:Well I think its safe to assume it will have a touch screen, but even without that stuff. You still have to consider the cost of the innards. The Wii U could come in at $299 because it was using old tech, except really with the controller. If this thing is as powerful as the PS4, your talking a pretty cutting edge chip with a likely modified X2 and higher end GPU. It will also need to have good tech on the inside for a battery to support that for more than 15 mins and to keep the thing from igniting in your hand. On top of that, it has wireless controllers, the two Joycons which act as(up to 2) wireless controllers and that screen has to be at least 720p. If the thing cost $350 I think for what you would get in such a package, that is a fair price.

@Tonindo: I look at it like this, people may be overestimating how little this has to cost. Reality is, at $250--your probably looking at 360/PS3 level power and that wont help the 3rd party situation. If they want to get into it, they have to take the risk and they have to go after it. People are seemingly willing to pay $400 for a PS4 that they already own and the price of a 4K TV to go with it. If Nintendo shows they are serious, the system has the power to support the 3rd party, I think people will be willing to pay a similar price for Switch. If they go underpowered, it wont matter what the price is; its going to be a struggle. If you know the system wont have the major AAA games, even if its $150--people will be in no rush to get it, because it will feature similar droughts to what the Wii U had.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iandizion713

@Sepewrath: My guess is still $299 for the complete package. But i do remember Nintendo stating they wanted to make a more affordable console and controllers. And Nvidias new tech is suppose to be cheaper, more efficient, and more powerful. Or thats how its been so far. I mean they destroyed the $1K Titan with a like $500 dollar video card last year.

While the controller is wireless. Its not like the Wii too much. Wii had the sensor and Gyro built in which was pretty advance at the time.

I dont think these controllers will cost $49.99 like Wii did, and then $39.99 like they did in Wii U era. I think can buy one for under $19.99.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sepewrath

@iandizion713: If Nintendo can somehow make a capable system on the cheap, sub $300--I'm all for it and it will put them in a good spot. But if they put out an underpowered console for the sake of a low cost system, its going to backfire again. Simply put, no matter how cheap the system is, if it has no games, no one is buying it. So I'll take a more expensive system, that I know will be stocked with most if not all future AAA release vs a cheaper alternative which will feature a few ports of old games early and then long periods of nothing when Nintendo doesn't release something.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iandizion713

@Sepewrath: Yeah, im mean, Switch aint gonna make me give up my PC. My dang PC mouse cost me almost $199. Ive invested too much into my PC to just buy another PC.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soul_starter

@iandizion713 said:

@soul_starter: Wii U has better graphics than PS3. This thing has better graphics than Wii U.

you gave me a good laugh :)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 iandizion713

@soul_starter: Your welcome. Wii U is so much better then PS3, that it destroyed it in playing Bayonetta and the Wii U version had tons of extra stuff added to the graphics. Also on Need for Speed on Wii U, the Wii U did better than PS3 and used the more advance PC textures.