Not again... Leafgrean's broken.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dizzydragon260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dizzydragon260
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Just finally got the leaf green i've been patiently waiting for, started a new game, got charmander, caught 6 pokemon and put them in the box with him, all ready to migrate to my platinum, and boom. save file deleted. Both my fire red and leaf green wont save, emailed the seller asking for a refund. A memeber on here promised me the 3 starters but after admitting his bulbasaur was hacked i never herd from him again... How hard is it to get the gen1 starters :( does anybody have a set i can have? :(
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
Just finally got the leaf green i've been patiently waiting for, started a new game, got charmander, caught 6 pokemon and put them in the box with him, all ready to migrate to my platinum, and boom. save file deleted. Both my fire red and leaf green wont save, emailed the seller asking for a refund. A memeber on here promised me the 3 starters but after admitting his bulbasaur was hacked i never herd from him again... How hard is it to get the gen1 starters :( does anybody have a set i can have? :(dizzydragon260
Will they not save if you start a new game?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Stop buying illegal games

Just go buy a sealed copy of the game and you're fine

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000360 Go here. There are a lot of active people and it will usually only take a few minutes to find what you want. Just be patient if no one shows up right away. This is where I always go to find certain pokemon.
hamhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hamhero
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts
i do think the first generation is the best designed but dont hassle yourself over it. get yourself an action replay and if your conscious doesnt like "imported" ones, breed them and get rid of the original. assuming you dont enhance the parents too badly, the eggs will hatch legit and everyone is happy.
dizzydragon260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dizzydragon260
as far as im concerned it was a legit one, people have said after a while the battery goes in the game and it doesnt save. My firered was legit/sealed and it happend just after the elite four. the leaf green i just got [boxed] saved twice before deleting, but neither of them hold their saves now.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

as far as im concerned it was a legit one, people have said after a while the battery goes in the game and it doesnt save. My firered was legit/sealed and it happend just after the elite four. the leaf green i just got [boxed] saved twice before deleting, but neither of them hold their saves now.dizzydragon260

No it's not a legit one, it's an illegal one

All of the DS games are designed to erase bootleg GBA games if they're asked to access them, just like your DS version of Pokemon is erasing the game save from the bootleg LeafGreen

The batteries for those carts should last a few more years at least

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TankZorz

All of the DS games are designed to erase bootleg GBA games if they're asked to access them, just like your DS version of Pokemon is erasing the game save from the bootleg LeafGreen

Jaysonguy

No offense but that sounds like complete BS. Where did you hear that?

SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#9 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
as far as im concerned it was a legit one, people have said after a while the battery goes in the game and it doesnt save. My firered was legit/sealed and it happend just after the elite four. the leaf green i just got [boxed] saved twice before deleting, but neither of them hold their saves now.dizzydragon260
Want to be sure? Post a picture of your LeafGreen here and we'll let you know.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

TankZorz

No offense but that sounds like complete BS. Where did you hear that?

No offense taken

LOOK AT THIS

You can watch the whole thing but just look at the 7 min mark

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TankZorz
I think you are misinterpreting that a bit. I doubt Nintendo designed DP to delete game saves. It sounds more like fake games just can't hold a save and the interaction with DP may have unintentionally wiped out the save.
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I think you are misinterpreting that a bit. I doubt Nintendo designed DP to delete game saves. It sounds more like fake games just can't hold a save and the interaction with DP may have unintentionally wiped out the save.TankZorz

That is true. They can`t intentionally make something that will erase files or damage anything without the user knowing. If it was proved that they made this intentionally, its a lawsuit case (yes, this time it is), intentionally damaging a stuff that a person own, whatever the reason is, is passible of sueing from the person who gets affected.

Well, of course, in that case, if its a save from a bootlegged copy, the person need to give a couple of explanations after doing that, y`know.

DirtyDozen520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DirtyDozen520
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts
Speaking of broken games..my Platinum randomly f-ed up and now the pal pad doesn't work..I don't know what could have caused it..I mean, I already have 74 hours of gameplay on it.. I started a new game an got the pal pad again and it's still messed up.. last time i buy a game from china
DirtyDozen520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DirtyDozen520
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts
Edit: I just got an email back from the seller (in china) and he told me to send him the broken game and he would send me a new one! hope it works
smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

that reminds me of how my ruby got f'd up after some time(i think it fell off too many times) and i lost my SP with my leafgreen on it

i wanted to buy a new leafgreen and a emerald version but now GBA cartridges are sold nowhere, and i can't seem to find any online store with international shipping that has them on stock and i don't wanna buy it from ebay or an amazon user, i dont really trust that

dizzydragon260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dizzydragon260
i wouldnt buy of the net, my fire red laste about 4 months before it went, the DS thing makes snese actually because it worked in my GBA but 'the save file has been deleted' came on screen straight after trying to use migrate. I'm going to get my gameboy advance out n see if it works on that. Leaf green came brand new and boxed with instructions etc, but wasnt sealed. i piad 15 pound for it, there are others on amazon for 40 pound so i guess they might be legit. who knows.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

Mine won't save either. I mean I don't play it anymore but my Leaf Green, which was previously owned, won't save either.

What's up with that? :)