No one tried Mario and Luigi: Dream Team?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

This game came out just recently, i was wondering if anyone tried it.  

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Won't get it until tomorrow.
Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts
I played the demo yesterday. It was quite enjoyable (although I re-learned just how much I suck at using the 3DS gyroscope when I tried out a special attack that required it). I would get it sooner were it not for the backlog of games I have built up already.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I plan on getting it either soon or as a gift around the holiday season. We'll see how things pan out.  Let's hope the game rocks!

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I have too many games already. :P

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

I tried the demo

DAMN its music was just DAMN

The animation was REALLY great, the trailers dont give it ANY justice.

And the gameplay was excellent, i noticed that both mario and Luigi have their own special movies, which is a first and pretty neat.

I bought the game the same day and planning to start it later on.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I get my copy tomorrow, but I did try the demo. I liked it a lot and it seems like a fun adventure. The special attacks are fun to use as well.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I have too many games already. :P

Pixel-Perfect
I'm in the same boat. I love the series though, so I'll pick it up around christmas when I have a break from the previous semester, and I've hopefully cleared a little bit of my backlog.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I've played the first few hours and it's definitely off to a weak start. Long, boring dialogue sequences and the tutorials insult the players intelligence (they teach you how to use the circle pad and how to jump in a Mario game). I'm 3 hours in and I haven't gotten the hammer or any of the bro moves; I've literally just been jumping on every enemy so far.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I'm playing through it... slowly. So far i'm enjoying it, though not as much as I did Bowser's Inside Story. I'm currently in the desert, the only thing i'm not too keen on is the Dream World sections, I'm finding that I either rush through those parts or stop playing when I reach a new one, they just seem to take up a bit too much of the game for my liking and I wish they hadn't done so many of them.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#11 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am still waiting for my copy. I think it will be here by Wednesday.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I want to get it, but I've other plans for this month & the next month. I haven't even got the chance to get Project X Zone...
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Too much backlog... I just kinda buy games when i drive for something else. Don't even get excited for many new releases... Backlog is down from 130 to 70ish now though...
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Im enjoying it. I wish they didnt have to teach you eveything in the start of the game. It gets stupid. But i love it. The battles are awsome. And the boss battles are great!. love it

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Im enjoying it. I wish they didnt have to teach you eveything in the start of the game. It gets stupid. But i love it. The battles are awsome. And the boss battles are great!. love it

RiKanKiDD
Yeah, the tutorial complaints are bumming me out a bit. Nintendo's really gone overboard with them the past while, hammering home repeatedly how the most basic of game systems work. We get it, Nintendo, we're not 3 years old or idiots.
Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

Can't you just skip the tutorial by pressing "x" or "y"? I recall doing that a few times while playing the demo.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I'm skipping this one. I already have a 3DS backlog and don't want it to get worst.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
I'm skipping this one. I already have a 3DS backlog and don't want it to get worst. Soulreavercross
The Mario RPGs have always been excellent as you probably know. Pick it up in a few months/years.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I'm skipping this one. I already have a 3DS backlog and don't want it to get worst. YoshiYogurt
The Mario RPGs have always been excellent as you probably know. Pick it up in a few months/years.

I meant to say I'm skipping it for now :P. Might get it later in the year or when there's a price drop.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm waiting for my copy. It shipped today and I live in the same city it's shipping from, so I'm hoping tomorrow. I've purposely avoided the demo since I'll be getting it shortly.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
So far I'm enjoying it. There are alot of tutorials in the begining but nothing to bad.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#22 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Already finished the game. It's what you would expect from the M&L series now; Fun and charming although a few segments felt too padded.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Couldn't resist, got it and now I'm playing it alongside SMTIV. Not a smart idea but I love the Mario and Luigi games :P
Vampfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vampfox
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

So far it seems like a great game. It's certainly better then the piece of crap that is Paper Mario Sticker Star.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I have too many games I still have not finished and I have a pretty busy semester starting next week so I'm going to wait until black friday to get this one. 

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Should have it Thursday. 

Need to finish Dark Moon before I start it though. 

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 haziqonfire
Welp. My order got delayed until tomorrow.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Too many games but I will squeeze it in once I finish SMTIV
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Already finished the game. It's what you would expect from the M&L series now; Fun and charming although a few segments felt too padded.

SpinoRaptor24
How long did the game take to complete?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Toxic-Seahorse

most people have been saying it clocks in at a good 30-35 hours
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 haziqonfire

So as I suspected, the amount of whining from gamers and some critics about the early portion of the game was mostly exaggerated. 

The game does prompt you to tell you about how to perform certain functions but everything so far has been skippable. Since you can skip all that stuff, why is that a critiscism towards the game? It would be a different case if it was forced at you, but it's not (so far). 

The tutorials would be particularly useful to people who haven't played any of the previous Mario & Luigi titles; and it's totally avoidable for people who have (so far). What's the issue?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pierst179

So as I suspected, the amount of whining from gamers and some critics about the early portion of the game was mostly exaggerated. 

The game does prompt you to tell you about how to perform certain functions but everything so far has been skippable. Since you can skip all that stuff, why is that a critiscism towards the game? It would be a different case if it was forced at you, but it's not (so far). 

The tutorials would be particularly useful to people who haven't played any of the previous Mario & Luigi titles; and it's totally avoidable for people who have (so far). What's the issue?

Haziqonfire

I came here to say precisely the same.

Have gamers grown to be so elitist that we can't even admit that companies throw a few skippable tutorials in there to help newcomers who have never been through a game of the series?! :P

Anyway, I have played it for about three hours and I guess I am through with the introductory part of the game. I love the concept of the dream world and how you can interact with it through the bottom screen, and the real world is just as fantastic.

I feel that once the game really starts going and the wheels are completely off it will be one amaing experience.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 haziqonfire
Yeah, I'm finding it pretty addictive lol. I'm about 3 hours in now. From what I can remember of BiS, this is more of that which I'm okay with.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

Pierst179

I came here to say precisely the same.

Have gamers grown to be so elitist that we can't even admit that companies throw a few skippable tutorials in there to help newcomers who have never been through a game of the series?! :P

Anyway, I have played it for about three hours and I guess I am through with the introductory part of the game. I love the concept of the dream world and how you can interact with it through the bottom screen, and the real world is just as fantastic.

I feel that once the game really starts going and the wheels are completely off it will be one amaing experience.

Gamers will whine about just about anything... They have got to be some of the most nitpicky people on the face of this planet.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shinobishyguy

Just made it to wakeport. This game is really starting to grow on me and I could see myself enjoying it more than Bowser's inside story.

Superstar saga is still the best though

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#36 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Got this game a couple days ago (my first 3DS game) and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I love the battle music...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pierst179

I think that after devoting quite a few hours to it during the weekend - I just got to 20 hours of gameplay - I am sort of getting close to the end.

I am still not sure about how it compares to the other two masterpieces that the series has generated (Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story), but it is an incredible game, and alongside Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing it makes 2013 an amazing year for the 3DS.

When you are outside the dream world the scenarios are great to explore and beautiful to look at, and when you are inside dreams gameplay becomes more focused and puzzle-based, not to mention the added twist that battles get. I think it is really amazing how the game is able to bring together those two vastly different styles of gameplay.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 haziqonfire

I think that after devoting quite a few hours to it during the weekend - I just got to 20 hours of gameplay - I am sort of getting close to the end.

I am still not sure about how it compares to the other two masterpieces that the series has generated (Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story), but it is an incredible game, and alongside Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing it makes 2013 an amazing year for the 3DS.

When you are outside the dream world the scenarios are great to explore and beautiful to look at, and when you are inside dreams gameplay becomes more focused and puzzle-based, not to mention the added twist that battles get. I think it is really amazing how the game is able to bring together those two vastly different styles of gameplay.

Pierst179
You're pretty far now! I haven't had a chance to play it in the last few days, I'm still around the 11 hour mark. 20 hours is not bad!
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Shinobishyguy

most people have been saying it clocks in at a good 30-35 hours

so its longer than bowser's inside story?

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Optical_Order

I've only played a few hours, but the first hour of this game kind of sucks. 

Then it started picking up and being fun. 

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

Just picked it up today and so far really enjoying the game.;)

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pierst179

You're pretty far now! I haven't had a chance to play it in the last few days, I'm still around the 11 hour mark. 20 hours is not bad! Haziqonfire

It turns out I was not as close to the end as I thought. :P

I logged a few more hours and I still have some gameplay left.

One thing I have noticed is that even though I had heard many players say it was harder than the other games in the series, I haven't really felt that. Maybe I somehow got better at playing RPGs ever since Bowser's Inside Story - which would not mean much considering I have always been pretty terrible at that specific genre.

But I haven't really had much trouble with the enemies and bosses so far. The battles have been a blast to play, though. Performing the combos, and learning and avoiding enemies' attacks is extremely engaging!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 haziqonfire

It turns out I was not as close to the end as I thought. :P

I logged a few more hours and I still have some gameplay left.

One thing I have noticed is that even though I had heard many players say it was harder than the other games in the series, I haven't really felt that. Maybe I somehow got better at playing RPGs ever since Bowser's Inside Story - which would not mean much considering I have always been pretty terrible at that specific genre.

But I haven't really had much trouble with the enemies and bosses so far. The battles have been a blast to play, though. Performing the combos, and learning and avoiding enemies' attacks is extremely engaging!

Pierst179

All good to hear. I still haven't got around to playing it. Life is busy, lol.

I've heard from various places that the game feels like it drags on. Do you feel that it has so far? From what I remember my playthrough of BiS was around 25 hours or so but I hear this one is 35 or so.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I won't be getting it for a while, do want it though.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pierst179

All good to hear. I still haven't got around to playing it. Life is busy, lol.

I've heard from various places that the game feels like it drags on. Do you feel that it has so far? From what I remember my playthrough of BiS was around 25 hours or so but I hear this one is 35 or so.

Haziqonfire

The thing is the game makes you feel like you are getting close to the end when it gets close to the 20-hour mark, but then it turns out you still have some stuff to do before you can move on, and - mostly - it does not involve going into any brand new areas. I think the feeling of drag comes from those two factors, but I did not feel it that much.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

The game is pretty fun, but I don't think it's as good as the previous two titles, Bowser's Inside Story and Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. Plus the game just bombards you with constant tutorials left to right, and it gets pretty annoying real fast. It literally holds your hand and walks you through the game even when you don't need it :(. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 turtlethetaffer

I've only played a few hours but it's fun so far.  Love the visual/ audio, too.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Optical_Order

The game is pretty fun, but I don't think it's as good as the previous two titles, Bowser's Inside Story and Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. Plus the game just bombards you with constant tutorials left to right, and it gets pretty annoying real fast. It literally holds your hand and walks you through the game even when you don't need it :(. 

RatedSTARZ

That'd be my take as well. 

It takes awhile for the game to take off the ground because of those tutorials, and in the end, it's just not quite as good as the rest in the series. Still a very fun game, but I'd probably agree with Gamespot's score. 8.0 seems right. 

Yomeidient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Yomeidient
Member since 2004 • 430 Posts

So far it seems like a great game. It's certainly better then the piece of crap that is Paper Mario Sticker Star.

Vampfox

I happened to like Sticker star. I was pretty absorbed into the game and then quit about 80% through it and was playing other things. Too many games, not enough time.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shinobishyguy

It's weird how their weren't any complaints about tutorials in Bowser's inside story even though it held your hand throughout the whole thibg much like this game. 

Why is it a problem all of a sudden?