no one is bringing out the wii's potential

This topic is locked from further discussion.

twentymooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 twentymooseman
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts
it seems like the only company bringing out the wiis potential is nintendo, for obvious reasons.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Yep. This has been discussed for quite some time.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's a new system that has to be specially coded for. It's going to take a while.

Why do you think so many companies are making studios for only the Wii?

darkpaladin101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkpaladin101
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts
I know what you mean there bro. I mean, half of these games are remakes, or just the games on the gamecube with Motion Controls and Little Better Story Line. Only New ones are Like LoZ:TP, and M3:Corruption. They need an original game, most likely a shooter. Almost all of the shooters are disapointments on here... I want to tear my eyes out when I played Far Cry for the Wii. Vanguard is at the line of badness too... They need something good to stack up on online players, because lets all be honest. The only games with the best replability are online shooters.
frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

I know what you mean there bro. I mean, half of these games are remakes, or just the games on the gamecube with Motion Controls and Little Better Story Line. Only New ones are Like LoZ:TP, and M3:Corruption. They need an original game, most likely a shooter. Almost all of the shooters are disapointments on here... I want to tear my eyes out when I played Far Cry for the Wii. Vanguard is at the line of badness too... They need something good to stack up on online players, because lets all be honest. The only games with the best replability are online shooters. darkpaladin101

MMORPG's and RTS are the games that are played the longest online. the only shooter that has a huge shelf life is counter strike.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Zack and Wiki really seems potential bringing. Interesting use of the Wiimote on a game that is not a mini game collection. In fact, it's looking like a good game so far...
Zero_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Zero_Space
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
Wii is still young relatively speaking. You'll see more in the future
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

it seems like the only company bringing out the wiis potential is nintendo, for obvious reasons.twentymooseman

Doesn't it seems strange that Nintendo is being a little cryptic about the Wii's potential to other developers?

Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
ive noticed that too it seems like the other companys are too lazy too put the time into the wii
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The Godfather, Dragon Ball Z, Trauma Center, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Madden 07 -- those are some titles i thought are good examples of bringing out Wii's potential, Gameplay wise though.
Avatar image for guevara_guerril
guevara_guerril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 guevara_guerril
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

what about Retro? prime 3 is an amazingly sophisticated game when it comes to the wiis graphical and controll potential

phan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 phan1
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

I think that Wii controls still feel gimmicky right now. There are definitely going to be games that really uses the controllers really well. The only games that really used the Wii controller aren't even from Nintendo IMO. Zack & Wiki and Duy's Adventure uses the controllers the most. I still believe Mario Galaxy could be easily done on gamecube, and there are too many others that could be done on gamecube as well. But I expect to see a bunch more games for Wii that will really utilize the controls. I'm sure the NDS looked pretty gimmicky at first too, so I think we're just going to have to wait a bit.

twentymooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 twentymooseman

what about Retro? prime 3 is an amazingly sophisticated game when it comes to the wiis graphical and controll potential

guevara_guerril
i meant games that aren't nintendo trademarks. like metroid has been synonymous with nintendo for years. i was talking more along the lines of red steel and call of duty 3. trauma center has to be one of the best games for wii, right next to zelda.
twentymooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 twentymooseman

I think that Wii controls still feel gimmicky right now. There are definitely going to be games that really uses the controllers really well. The only games that really used the Wii controller aren't even from Nintendo IMO. Zack & Wiki and Duy's Adventure uses the controllers the most. I still believe Mario Galaxy could be easily done on gamecube, and there are too many others that could be done on gamecube as well. But I expect to see a bunch more games for Wii that will really utilize the controls. I'm sure the NDS looked pretty gimmicky at first too, so I think we're just going to have to wait a bit.

phan1
that's the other thing, not to sound clich'e, but nintendo is still kind of thinking along the lines of cute and cuddly games aimed at little kids when the majority of the gaming community is composed of teens and adults. im not saying they should quit making or alter mario to where he's shooting pimps and dealing shrooms, they do need to keep mario and other games aimed at kids. what im saying is nintendo needs to grow up a bit.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

[QUOTE="twentymooseman"]it seems like the only company bringing out the wiis potential is nintendo, for obvious reasons.hiphops_savior

Doesn't it seems strange that Nintendo is being a little cryptic about the Wii's potential to other developers?

IGN discussed this and they said that Nintendo isn't hiding anything to developers about the Wiis graphical potential. It's ALL out in the open no one is taking advantage of it but Nintendo's not hiding anything.

gmw1082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gmw1082
Member since 2003 • 673 Posts

Wii is still young relatively speaking. You'll see more in the futureZero_Space

Keep in mind the system in still less than a year old. I can't think of any system that had a large library of amazing AAA games the first year. Also the Wii was not expected to be a popular console so there was minimal third party investment in the system before release. Most games take more than 1 year to develop and I can think of a couple off the top of my head that were in development for 4 years. The Wii is popular and has grabbed the attention of third party developers, now it will just take time for the games to be ready.

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts
[QUOTE="guevara_guerril"]

twentymooseman

i meant games that aren't nintendo trademarks. like metroid has been synonymous with nintendo for years. i was talking more along the lines of red steel and call of duty 3. trauma center has to be one of the best games for wii, right next to zelda.

I find it funny that Nintendo didnt develop Prime 3, Retro did. Nintendo could never pull that off. I hope retro gets to make some original IP.

twentymooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 twentymooseman
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]

[QUOTE="twentymooseman"]it seems like the only company bringing out the wiis potential is nintendo, for obvious reasons.Duckman5

IGN discussed this and they said that Nintendo isn't hiding anything to developers about the Wiis graphical potential. It's ALL out in the open no one is taking advantage of it but Nintendo's not hiding anything.

oh yeah. when is battallion wars 2 coming out.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]

[QUOTE="twentymooseman"]it seems like the only company bringing out the wiis potential is nintendo, for obvious reasons.twentymooseman

oh yeah. when is battallion wars 2 coming out.

October 29th I believe.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I know what you mean there bro. I mean, half of these games are remakes, or just the games on the gamecube with Motion Controls and Little Better Story Line. Only New ones are Like LoZ:TP, and M3:Corruption. They need an original game, most likely a shooter. Almost all of the shooters are disapointments on here... I want to tear my eyes out when I played Far Cry for the Wii. Vanguard is at the line of badness too... They need something good to stack up on online players, because lets all be honest. The only games with the best replability are online shooters. darkpaladin101

I would disagree, but my views on replayability are a little different. I think replay value comes from how fun a game is to play over and over, not how much new content is available. Take Zelda vs Sonic, Zelda once you beat the game thats it. In Sonic you get the bonus missions and the party mode. But they arent as fun to play as Zelda(some are pretty tedious actually). So in my eyes Twilight Princess has more replay value.

On topic I think that companies are starting to pull it together more and more. However I believe the defining moment for devs to finally go to town on the Wii's hardware will be when the PS2 dies. Because they wont be able to port games over, so they will go above and beyond what the PS2 can do.

newhottness23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 newhottness23
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

you know all of bring up good points. the way I see it all of the fresh titles are coming and quickly. obviouly ssbb, and smg but also look out for these three titles.

1. zack and wiki

2. no more heroes

3.medel of honor heroes 2

EmcEE01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EmcEE01
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
theres lots of games that bring out the wiis potential , mostly gameplay wise tho , the only way devs havnt brought out the potetial is in graghics.
newhottness23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 newhottness23
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
but you are already seeing that graphily too. De Blob is a stylish game moh:heroes 2 is a big improvement over vanguard and don't forget the new need for speed.