No love for rune factory or Echoes of time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flarebrass13
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

I see a lot of people eagerly awaiting the release of madworld, and rightfully so! I know i'm definitely picking it up. But hardly anyone seems to have any interest in these two titles which are pretty big news for the wii considering its lack of rpg's. Rune factory has a lot of production value and is supposed to be the best harvest moon like game to date, while FFCC: echoes of time looks pretty entertaining and could be very very fun depending on its length, customizability and replay value.

So where is the love for these games are people excited about them or are they going to be flops.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They can't be flops

There's hardly any advertising at all and almost no one is talking about them

flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 flarebrass13
Yes and my question is why aren't more people talking about them they both look great!
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
I'm definitely looking forward to Rune Factory. Echoes of Time looks pretty neat, too, but my attention's with Rune Factory.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

Yes and my question is why aren't more people talking about them they both look great!flarebrass13

Unless you follow handheld spinoffs Rune Factory is still under the radar

Not too sure about the other one. I think everyone thinks it'll just be a downgraded version of what they want and lost interest

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
Im actualy playing both now, Rune Factory is fantastic, Echoes is.... average. I also plan on getting the US vesions (I have the JPN releases).
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts
Rune Factory sucked on the DS so I'm not getting it on the Wii. FFCC rocked on the DS, so I'm getting FFCC for the Wii or the DS.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

Rune Factory sucked on the DS OniStrat

Your opinion is in the great minority

The game was received so well it had a follow up on the DS and now the Wii

flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flarebrass13
yea i'm expecting good things from rune factory but there needs to be more spoiled I'm not sure if it has the variety or depth that would be required for a game like it to suceed. Echoes looks fun, not amazing but definitely a fun game, and I love the concept of it.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
Im actualy playing both now, Rune Factory is fantastic, Echoes is.... average. I also plan on getting the US vesions (I have the JPN releases).-Oath
i trust Oath on games ign is giving rune factory some love and Nintendo power did some stuff on it, and i can't wait for it i just can't stand all the great games coming out next month
flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flarebrass13
How is rune factory playing out for those that have it. Is there enough depth or is it straight up farming and are there enough things to do to keep you playing for a long time, is it challenging? This is one of those games i'm really on the fence about because I could really enjoy it or get bored very fast with it.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Oath
How is rune factory playing out for those that have it. Is there enough depth or is it straight up farming and are there enough things to do to keep you playing for a long time, is it challenging? This is one of those games i'm really on the fence about because I could really enjoy it or get bored very fast with it.flarebrass13
Well, Im not THAT far into Rune Factory so I cant confirm it has all the elements of the DS version, but Its definitely not just straight up farming. You can plant, raise animals and monsters you find in dungeons, explore dungeons and such for new items and animals or just for the sake of completion. I highly suggest you go to IGN and read their hands on/preview, youll probably get a better insight o weather youll like the game or not.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

They can't be flops

Jaysonguy

Hmm, i'm not sure whether to agree with you or not.

FFCC doesn't need advertising. It has the name Final Fantasy on it. It'll do fine.

Rune Factory is in the Harvest Moon series. These games are never designed to be mega-sellers because they play up a niche market. But that market is fairly under-served on the Wii... so chances are they'll seek out this title.

They'll both do well because of the audience they cater to. It has nothing to do with hype or advertising.

I'm getting FFCC just because it says FF on it. Simple as that.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

They can't be flops

-starman-

Hmm, i'm not sure whether to agree with you or not.

FFCC doesn't need advertising. It has the name Final Fantasy on it. It'll do fine.

Rune Factory is in the Harvest Moon series. These games are never designed to be mega-sellers because they play up a niche market. But that market is fairly under-served on the Wii... so chances are they'll seek out this title.

They'll both do well because of the audience they cater to. It has nothing to do with hype or advertising.

I'm getting FFCC just because it says FF on it. Simple as that.

Maybe if they just marketed RF like they did to Animal Crossing, it would fare better.It definitely looks more intertesting to me at least than AC
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i really want japanese voice option on rune factory... but it wont matter really. im little skeptical about them though, i never got into CC or HM before.
nintendo2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendo2200
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts

I'm going to wait for

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Berears!

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Well the Wii version of FFCC: Echoes of time is just like the DS version, it somewhat better textures and is less rough around the edges. But the DS offers the same, and since I have Ring of Fates on the DS I'll probably just get Echoes of Time on the DS too.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

I heard there was some serious lag in EoT(Anything to say about that -Oath?), but Rune Factory is sure to be my next purchase.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Oath

I heard there was some serious lag in EoT(Anything to say about that -Oath?), but Rune Factory is sure to be my next purchase.

TAKE_IT_BACK

I dont use WiFi that much anymore so I cant say, my connection is garbage.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

-Oath

How's the game outside of online?

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

TAKE_IT_BACK

How's the game outside of online?

Its not bad, its actually a bit more challenging than RoF. More weapons and armor, different and more involved areas, bigger bosses, its a fun game, way better in multi though. Only gripe is the crap controls for Wii.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

To be honest there are so many good games on the horizon; MadWorld and The Conduit being two of them. Muramasa, Crystal Bearers, Monster Hunter 3, Sin & Punishment 2, Klonoa, Punch Out!, Kizuna, Little King Story, Arc Rise Fantasia, etc. I know many of you guys hate game droughts but they give me time to finish other games I haven't played in a while. There probably won't be any game droughts for Wii this year.

I'm really liking Rune Factory and Echoes of Time but there's just too many games to think about at the moment. The ones that are being hyped/ talked about are the ones that really stand out to all gamers and do Wii justice. I wish these game were only $20 so I could get all of them for not that much money. Hardly any time to game anymore...

ghog69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 ghog69
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts

Can't wait for Rune Factory!

It's going to dominate my time (along with some We Ski and Snowboard) up until Little King's Story. For me Madworld can wait.

flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 flarebrass13
Yea there are actually a lot of great games coming out for the Wii this year which makes me very happy. Compared to years past this year looks loaded with goodies (Atleast from my point of view).