NMH2 ,apparently everything will be better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=86015

Stephleref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Stephleref
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts

I just hope Suda51 knows that the overworld was not the only flaw,because even with that the game would not be great.

Avatar image for Wolfman_chopper
Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wolfman_chopper
Member since 2008 • 19937 Posts

Awesome

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Sounds promising.Day one purchase,for me.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I just hope Suda51 knows that the overworld was not the only flaw,because even with that the game would not be great.

Stephleref

Suda also thought the first one was finished and it was unfinished and broken

If this one is finished and not broken it'll be a huge upgrade. The first one didn't run well and the motions were broken, he should concern himself with that first.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#6 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I have never played the first, but from what I heard despite it being awesome it had many flaws so I am hoping those get fixed.

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Stephleref"]

If this one is finished and not broken it'll be a huge upgrade. The first one didn't run well and the motions were broken, he should concern himself with that first.

oh yay, more pointless criticisms from mr all real wii games not made by nintendo suck do you even know what fun is anymore? whatever, this one looks awesome, i dont like how theyve removed the shadows but everything else looks sweet so yeah nice work suda
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

this will be epic, everything he said sound like it will improve every aspect :D

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

Stephleref
The first game was already great. So I think the sequel is already looking awesome.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="Stephleref"]

Jaysonguy

the motions worked. I mean, i had no problem doing my inputs jaychon.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Stephleref"]

intro94

the motions worked. I mean, i had no problem doing my inputs jaychon.

They worked no matter what motion you did

Like in a wrestling move when you have to move one to the left and one up, well if you were to move them both straight up the wrestling move still worked.

It's like people hate mindless waggle and here was a game that said that deliberate motions were going to be a necessity and when we got the game it didn't matter, just waggle and sort of movement and the game would say you passed.

Now maybe if the first version was polished and not sent out like a glorified beta we would have seen it work better

The idea was great but the execution was not for the first game. I don't want Suda to think he presented a complete game last time. If he just took the time and polished the first one it would have been great, instead there were too many instances of "Man this would have been awesome if" going on

With the follow up I don't him to repeat the same mistakes

Stephleref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Stephleref
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts

A good exemple of unfinished part of the game is the #5 ranked battle stage.

You walk into an empty tunnel for 5 minutes and at the very end of the tunnel all 5 "hidden treasure chests" are sitting next to each other and then you walk into the boss fight to only [spoiler] not fight any boss at all. [/spoiler]

Also who can forget the terrible overworld? oh and at the No More Heroes hotel pretty much everything in it is useless,seems obvious to me that Suda had some ideas when he first started the game but never bothered to do anything with it and just left them in the game unfinished.

Some people may say this was done on purpose for the style but i don't believe it,Suda was clearly being lazy.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

oh yay, more pointless criticisms from mr all real wii games not made by Ubisfot suckAdmiralWolverin

Fixed it for you. :)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Isn't that generally the idea for sequels, well anyway its funny for Suda to be talking about improvements to the physics engine at the same time they are showing two women being thrown like dodgeballs. Cant wait for this one, loved the first one and if they can improve the few flaws it had, this game will be even better.
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

thats what most people dont get about this game, if ya knew what killer7 was like, you would have known that sudas next game would be like this.

those arent flaws created unproposs, his games are always pices of art/games, thats what makes him so special, and i love it so far.

i personaly think GS review was really good, that was also one of the times where ign gave it a lower score then GS.

it totally diserved 9.0

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

Just saw this a little while ago. If everything mentioned in this video is true, then this might move up a lot on my must buy list, and it was already pretty high to begin with. Just a recap and comments on things that he mentioned on the video:

1. "It's gonna be more serious, with a deeper story, but not too deep. It's still going to be just as awsomely dumb as the first one"

In other words, the story willmore interesting, possibly have more twists, but will retain the same great humor (as seen in the "katana kiss" scene). I was expecting to have the story be at about the same level of seriousness as the first one, but if it will be able to pull off that combination, then I'm glad they're going to go this route with it.

2. They're improving the open world

Perfect! This is one of the main complaints. I mean, I was willing to overlook it, because it wasn't the main focus, but come on. It was pretty bad. I'm looking forward to seeing what ways they'll improve it.

3. More variety in the enemy AI

Again, great news. There was some variety in the firs one, like ones that had bullets, but this was one area that could have used a lot of improvement overall

4. More than 10 boss fight, but he doesn't say exactly how many

... Could it be? In another thread a while ago, I made a comment, which was basically a joke about Travis being dropped to level 51, and saidthat there might be 50 boss fights. I did not think sothen, and still don't know if it will have that many boss fights. But it makes me wonder if my joke might end up being true.

5. Bosses will be more innovative, and there will be some which are "not limited to one-on-one fighting"

More unique boss fights than the original? Possibly more than one bosses at once? Um... Hell yeah! Bring it on!

6. Wii Motion Plus use, in a way that will "level up" the old control system to make it better

Interesting... Not much to say about that until I see/hear more about it. :P

7. A better version of the cat gameplay.

Again, interesting. It was by no means one of the better aspects of the original game, though when I originally heard about the interaction with the cat, I was hoping for more than what we got. Could this be what I was originally hoping for? If so, it could be a nice distraction from the main game. :P

8. More to do in the hotel, including redecorating it

Customization = good. Also, possibility of more collectables in the game (including things to put in your hotel) = better.

9. Better bike, possibly better bike controls

Sweet. The bike in the first game was OK once you learned about the fast turn option, but it could definitely use an improvement.

Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

NMH2 can easily be an AAA game if all these improvements are true.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
it better be. I loved the first one, but it wasnt much of a finished game
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

Brawl578

wasnt NMH1 allready AAA? :P

Ngamer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ngamer07
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

A good exemple of unfinished part of the game is the #5 ranked battle stage.

You walk into an empty tunnel for 5 minutes and at the very end of the tunnel all 5 "hidden treasure chests" are sitting next to each other and then you walk into the boss fight to only

Also who can forget the terrible overworld? oh and at the No More Heroes hotel pretty much everything in it is useless,seems obvious to me that Suda had some ideas when he first started the game but never bothered to do anything with it and just left them in the game unfinished.

Some people may say this was done on purpose for the style but i don't believe it,Suda was clearly being lazy.

Stephleref

that part of the game was an important story event, introducing a character, the game was great, nuff said.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

This game is going to be SICK!!!

Game of the year contender anyone?

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
generally most things are better in sequels even if only minimally
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Sounding great to me. Still have to play first one, but I'll be getting it soon.
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

The First was nearley Perfect and Nearly Flawless. Hopefully this one will be perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

[QUOTE="Brawl578"]

legend26

On Gamespot,yes.On most other sites,no.Personally,No More Heroes is one of my favorite games ever and I've poured nearly 70 hours into it,but not even I thought it was AAA material.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

[QUOTE="legend26"]

[QUOTE="Brawl578"]

VGobbsesser

On Gamespot,yes.On most other sites,no.Personally,No More Heroes is one of my favorite games ever and I've poured nearly 70 hours into it,but not even I thought it was AAA material.

"lolol only gamespot countz hear lolol"

I would agree it wasn't AAA quality, even though my review of it was a 9, the extra points were for the amount of fun I had playing it. Without that, a solid AA game. I mean, IGN were hyping it hard and gave it a 7.8, then it got AAA here and it was the first of the year iirc.

Most of the complaints people had, like the overworld, I never had a problem with because I didnt want to get distracted in a sandbox area doing mindless crap. The collision detection on the cars was horrid though.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
First one was okay... I was dissapointed in it tbh. Graphics were far from smooth (lots and lots and lots of jaggies) and the overworld was HORRIBLE. It really was. The bossfights were the most awesome part of the game.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="Stephleref"]

Jaysonguy

Just because you didn't like the game doesn't mean that it is unfinished and broken!

The Conbat while not very deep is still satisfying, voice acting and story is very funny, the only real problems with NMH is as followe:

- Combat doesn't change much throughout the game.

- Not much to do in the open world except for stepping on icons.

- No form of ranged attacks can be done.

I don't like Little King's Story, does that mean that it is unfinished and broken as well? From what people have been saying about it, **** NO!

Chrono66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chrono66
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

lol Pizza Butt is back, I was not expecting that.