Nintendo's back baby

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nintendo4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Nintendo4Life
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

I've heard people talking about how when they bring the Switch out into public people will sometimes ask them 'Hey, is that a Switch?'.

I thought that would never happen, believed that the world thought Nintendo was dying.

However, today I went to this event for school, out of school hours. Knowing I would have some free time at this event, I decided to bring my Switch packed with a copy of Splatoon 2.

I was nervous, because I wasn't sure if people would pick on me for having a Switch, or what would happen.

When I pulled it out, two or three people I know who have similar interests to me came over and began to talk to me about the Switch, which didn't surprise me, because I knew all three of those people like Nintendo.

It did surprise me, when some of the cooler kids who I don't usually talk to came over and asked if what I held in my hands was a Switch. It suprised me even further when one of them asked to have a go of Splatoon.

This experience made me realise not to be shy about liking Nintendo. So if you are shy about liking something considered 'uncool', don't be. I feel stupid that it took cool kids talking to me about Nintendo for me to feel comfortable with talking about Nintendo, I should be proud of being a Nintendo fan.

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

@nintendo4life: If you hide what you love, you may never meet others that share your interests. It's a hard lesson to learn, but you must take risks to get the most out of life. Good for you. :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea the switch is actually cool.....the wii and wiiU were seen as a bit of a joke.

but the switch is actually kind of cool to people.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

Well this was a delightful story to read. Glad you experience was a good one!!

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@nintendo4life: Great story. I too was a little shy about playing my switch. For me it was more about being an older gamer (will be hitting the 1/2 century mark soon), and what people thought of an old guy playing a switch. I finally decided to stop worrying and start enjoying my switch. My waits at the airport are now so much more tolerable.