nintendo wii wifi problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts

ok so when you download wii wifi program and click on it the program says, please choose which language you would like to use. so i clicked on english then clicked ok. Then the window pops up saying copying drives... then is starts to do the internet connection sharing then all of the sudden it says internet connection sharing error. (6)

What do i do i tryed million times and it keep doing this. Can anyone help and Thank you.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Wii Wifi Program...?

Are you talking about the USB Wifi adaptor?

yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yonaswii08

Wii Wifi Program...?

Are you talking about the USB Wifi adaptor?

Dark_Link142

yeah

Flash_Virus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Flash_Virus
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
I have the same error aswell. My usb connector use to work for a while but all of a sudden one day it just wouldn't work. Then when I tried re-installing it "internet connection error (6)" or sometimes (5) comes up. I need help right away. Should I reformat or something?
Flash_Virus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flash_Virus
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
Would a Wireless Router work as a good substitute? Or would that give me the same exact problems?
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yonaswii08

Would a Wireless Router work as a good substitute? Or would that give me the same exact problems?Flash_Virus

i think i should just buy a wired adapter i don't think anyone here can help us....

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Disable the windows firewall or look at this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N8PROm6r2lQ&feature=related

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Please look on the nintendowifi.com site. Especially all the help topics. They have freaking faqs and other resources to help you including free phone numbers to call.
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yonaswii08
can anyone help!
Avatar image for PaperPlasticBag
PaperPlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PaperPlasticBag
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I posted this one in an older post because I was just having the same problem but i managed to fix it. Ill copy and paste.

I had the same problem, this is an old thread but everytime i searched for an answer to my problem, this one always popped up so i figured I'd post here. First and foremost, you'll want to uninstall the Nintendo wifi software. AFter doing that, you'll want to click start on the lower left of yuour screen and then find control panel and go there. Find the icon that says system and open that. Once thats opened click hardware then device manager. With the device manager window open, go down to network adapters, find Nintendo Wi-fi USb connector and right click it. When the right click menu comes up, click uninstall. Before you do so, make sure you didn't miss click so you don't uninstall your other network drivers.

Now, after you've unistalled it go back to the control panel, find network connections and open it. There should be 1 or 2 items under lan or high speed internet depending on your set up. Right click the one that says local area connection and go to properties. underneath it should be the name of your network card in grey writing (realtek, d-link, linksys etc.) after your there go to advanced and uncheck(or check them if theyre both unchekced) the two boxes under internet connection sharing. After this step, try reinstalling your software and it should work! If you have your original CD, I'd try that first. If your using Windows vista, you'll have to download 1.06 from Nintendos site, good luck!