Nintendo Wii U Controllers Types

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mowerdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 mowerdude85
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

Nintendo needs to pick a controller style and stick to it, Instead of have a Wii U gamepad/Wii Pro U, Wii Remote and Nunchuk/Classic controller pro. They need to just have one controller style per-console. The xbox one and ps4 just has one and look at how great they are selling with one controller style instead of Nintendo's 5 controller styles. Why have 5 different controller style for games just pick one and stick to it use the Wii U gamepad and Wii pro U and just drop the Old Wii Remote support all together for up coming games.

I think it would help cut down on the confusion between the Wii and Wii U systems if they just would stick with the Wii U gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller. But Instead when they show a tv commercial the first thing you see is a Old Wii Remote instead of the gamepad and they never show anyone use a Wii U Pro Controller.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

@mowerdude85: all wiiu games uses gamepad except for wiiu sport club and nintendo land . but i disagree with dropping the wiimote. first we need that to play wii games on the wiiu, secondly some games play much better with wiimote. i play all my wiiu games with gamepad but for pikmin 3 i found the gamepad to be horrible. the games play perfectly with a wiimote nunck combo.

Insert-Coin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Insert-Coin
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

Some of the controllers seem unneeded like the pro but others are good like the Wii fit board for allowing new and interesting gameplay.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Why would it be a bad thing to have many control options available. Look at pikmin 3 most people prefer the wiimote over the gamepad. Also I think DKTF would play better with the wiimote since the screen on the gamepad is not used.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I like having options. I probably won't ever get a Pro controller, but I like both the gamepad and Wii mote.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

pick pro controllers (supports 4) or wiimote + nunchucks (supports 4) & stick with it. Uniformity means easier to work with..rather than having to program for gamepad then & or also pro controllers/wiimote.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I never had the Wii, so it took me awhile to appreciate the variety of choice, but overall I still feel that Nintendo's strategy(which I dislike) hasn't changed... they are a money pit 'collectors' console maker. They still haven't gotten away from the 'kid toy market' which is so very profitable for them but totally grotesque to those who see it for what it truly is, not being blinded by the pretty colored alternate hand held redesigns etc. I like my Wii U so far but when I play Resident Evil 0 and have the game playing on the gamepad... I'm just dumbfounded by the dead buttons in my hands lol, and realized I had to use the Wiimote to even play it. It's like being in a black hole of stupidity from whence I might never escape. So, I bought the matching black Wiimote and eventually the nunchaku too. Sure I might even get suckered into buying that pro Wii U controller or whatever it's called but it all seems like a bad joke. So basically I've paid more than my PS4 just to enjoy the Wii U.

If you already owned a Wii and had the controllers then you could view that as a beautiful design, but it you don't already own all that stuff then you're kind of F'd.