Nintendo Wii graphics problems - any help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#1 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

So I just got a refurbished Wii from Gamestop, it seems to work fine except when I load Xenoblade Chronicles the image constantly shifts to the left (creating a flickering from side to side). The Wii runs The Last Story fine though.

Anyone else have a problem like this? (and is it a problem with the Wii or with Xenoblade?)

#3 Edited by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -
@farrell2k said:

Nope. Sounds like a hardware problem. Swap it out.

On the contrary it sounds like the game if his other games aren't having problems. I would try seeing if you can get a different copy to see if it still happens TC, also make sure to double check your video cables to be on the safe side.

#5 Posted by GreySeal9 (28247 posts) -

What kind of TV are you playing on? I had issues with Xenoblade's image on my HD TV, but it worked fine on an my SD TV.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#6 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (9116 posts) -

Odd that Xenoblade gives you problems, but The Last Story doesn't. TLS practically brings Wii to its knees in some sections, causing everything to slow to a crawl. You might have a bad disc. Do you know a friend who has a Wii? I'd try running it on their system to be sure. If it runs fine over there, it's probably the hardware.