Nintendo usb Connector (off of wireless router)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts

I have a wirelss-G router.....but I can't get online on my Wii

I am wondering if I buy the Nintendo usb connector.....I can connect it to my Router?

I honestly have NO idea how the Nintendo USB connector works....

can someone please help me out....I would appreciate it

HerbSewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HerbSewell
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts
It's actually quite simple. You insert the USB connector in to a USB port of your computer and you can use the Wi-Fi functionality of any game and send messages though your Wii with the signal it emits.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
You need to put it on a USB port on your computer. You need Windows XP to run it. You need to have your computer at less than 30 feet from it to your Wii. Also, download the last version of the driver at this website http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp
bartman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bartman999
Member since 2005 • 154 Posts
you connect the usb connecter to a usb of your computer and internet from your computer goes throught the usb which converts into a wifi signal that works with ds and Wii so you need to connect it to your computer and make sure the computer is not to far away from your wii
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Don't waste your time with an adapter if you already have a router. Contact Nintendo so you can get the Wii online with the router you already have.

Even if you can't get the router you have now working it's still better to buy another router since they're about the same price and a router gives a much cleaner and stronger signal then the adapter.

Either way don't buy an adapter unless you have no other choice.