Nintendo's Rumored 64 Remakes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegacyMLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LegacyMLP
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I've been snooping around forums lately and noticed flares going up about a rumor saying Nintendo is going to be releasing 7 new 64 remakes. I know you guys are excited for the obvious ones like Super Mario 64 and Majora's Mask, but NOBODY has even bothered to mention the big ass elephant in the room. You should have seen this one coming. KIRBY 64: THE CRYSTAL SHARDS REMADE. Every series in Nintendo receives praise for Mario, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, and even Donkey Kong, but Kirby is next in line and this legendary game is a perfect candidate for a HD remake. Thoughts?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Nintendo needs to look to the future rather than falling back on the retro card at the drop of a hat. Nostalgia is nice but there comes a point when you need to move forward.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I swear if Nintendo re-re-remakes another Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, I will um, do something rash, not sure yet but you get my point!!!

If they are to remake some N64 classics, it better be Perfect Dark (already got a Goldeneye remake on Wii) screw Rare's licensing, add pointer controls as an option and make it online and I will cry tears of happiness.

Do not want a Mario Kart 64 remake and that would be stupid to remake.

Super Mario 64 has been remade for DS so don't do that either Nintendo.

Kirby Crystal Shards released on the Wii VC if I'm not mistaken so no don't remake that either.

Jet Force Gemini needs to be brought back.

Leave Conker to Microsoft

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie can be remade

Donkey Kong 64 could be remade but the new games are better than that one anyway so it'd be kind of pointless.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

What could they possibly bring back from the N64 days? Most of Mario Kart 64 has been released between MK7 and MK8. Mario 64 has been outdone by the Galaxy games. The only games I can think of would be like F Zero, Waverace 64, maybe OG Paper Mario or Diddy Kong Racing? Either way most of the N64 library has been ported in one form or another on other Nintendo machines.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Most of Mario Kart 64 has been released between MK7 and MK8.

No, no, no. Mario Kart 7 and especially Mario Kart 8 did not give us the best part of Mario Kart 64, its amazing battle mode. In fact, they shit all over battle mode.

There is absolutely nothing that I would love more than to be able to play Mario Kart 64's battle mode online.

LegacyMLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LegacyMLP

@nini200: Remaking Kirby 64 makes perfect sense. Just because it got released on the wii (as part of 6 very old kirby games in a collection) does not, by any means, make it a stupid remake for the wii u. Just out of curiosity, why Perfect Dark? I didn't really see anything in that game.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Goldeneye needs a real remake

coolcam111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coolcam111

If a Kirby Crystal shards remake comes out that would be great.

coolcam111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coolcam111

Also Pokemon Stadium deserves a remake as well.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nini200
@bunchanumbers said:

What could they possibly bring back from the N64 days? Most of Mario Kart 64 has been released between MK7 and MK8. Mario 64 has been outdone by the Galaxy games. The only games I can think of would be like F Zero, Waverace 64, maybe OG Paper Mario or Diddy Kong Racing? Either way most of the N64 library has been ported in one form or another on other Nintendo machines.

Oh how I'd love a new diddy Kong Racing. That game crapped all over Mario Kart 64 from Racing to Battle mode. Yes Diddy Kong 64's Battle Mode was better than Mario Kart 64's Battle Mode. Mario Kart 64's Battle Mode was great but Diddy Kong 64's Battle Mode was even better.

@legacymlp said:

@nini200: Remaking Kirby 64 makes perfect sense. Just because it got released on the wii (as part of 6 very old kirby games in a collection) does not, by any means, make it a stupid remake for the wii u. Just out of curiosity, why Perfect Dark? I didn't really see anything in that game.

I'm curious to why does it make perfect sense when it was re-released again last gen? Just go to the Wii VC and get it there.

Perfect Dark was the Epitome of FPS back on N64. I was a far better Goldeneye in every aspect from weapons, to stage design to music to even multiplayer and this game hasn't been remade or re-released on Nintendo yet.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

TETRISPHERE better be one of them, it's like the best Tetris variant ever made.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

Only games I want remade from N64 era is Jet Force Gemini (If they announced this, I'd go buy a Wii U the same day!), Yoshi Story (Or a sequel), Perfect Dark, and Beetle Adventure Racing. Other than that, nothing else interests me...

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Kirby64 is not very good game. It's very slow, and way too easy.

LegacyMLP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LegacyMLP

@nini200: Kirby 64 has as good a chance of being a remake as any game cause it's never been remade. Sure it's been reRELEASED, but that doesn't matter. Super Mario 64 and Majora's Mask have both already been remade, but everyone wants them to be remade again.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200

@legacymlp said:

@nini200: Kirby 64 has as good a chance of being a remake as any game cause it's never been remade. Sure it's been reRELEASED, but that doesn't matter. Super Mario 64 and Majora's Mask have both already been remade, but everyone wants them to be remade again.

Oh ok so you want a rereleased version with updates then right?

Avatar image for bundleofnumbers
bundleofnumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 bundleofnumbers
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

Kirby 64 would be awesome, remake mario party 3 (still better than the new ones). I miss some gamecube games though... starfox assult and mario sunshine anyone?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Mario 64 with an HD makeover and updated tight controls would make my day.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ryno1179
Member since 2015 • 187 Posts

Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie will never be on a Nintendo system again. MS owns those IP's when they bought RARE.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Nintendo seriously needs some fresh IP's. I think they have a real fear of creating a bad title or something so they keep sticking with only what they know.