Nintendo s awesome game lineup for 2011!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Link

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

That was funny, but innacurate :P

i'm getting:

• Skyward Sword
  • Modern Warfare 3
  • Kirby
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Mario Party
  • Xenoblade
  • The Last Story

Seems like a pretty good year for me :P

Avatar image for MCMXCV-Daedalus
MCMXCV-Daedalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 MCMXCV-Daedalus
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts

'break out your wallet, and buy about 30 games'

Hahahaha. :')

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WreckEm711

MCMXCV-Daedalus

omfglmao, your sig is seriously the funniest gif I have ever seen in my entire life

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
for me this year only xenoblade zelda ss
Avatar image for MCMXCV-Daedalus
MCMXCV-Daedalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 MCMXCV-Daedalus
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts

[QUOTE="MCMXCV-Daedalus"]

WreckEm711

omfglmao, your sig is seriously the funniest gif I have ever seen in my entire life

Your about the 5th person to say that on Gamespot :P But I agree, it is hilairous.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

i'm getting:

• Skyward Sword
  • Modern Warfare 3
  • Kirby
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Mario Party
  • Xenoblade no north american release
  • The Last Story no north american release

WreckEm711

there fixed that for u.

im excited for zelda and kirby but im sad the last story wont be realse for na its pissing me off.

pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

5 games from now till December seems just about right. Add in Fortune Street as well, as an alternative to Mario Party.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

i'm getting:

• Skyward Sword
  • Modern Warfare 3
  • Kirby
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Mario Party

pc-ps360

there fixed that for u.

im excited for zelda and kirby but im sad the last story wont be realse for na its pissing me off.

You're letting a little thing like that stop you? My Xenoblade import pre-order will be here in a little over a week ;)

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Zelda is obvious. But I am interested in Fortune Street itlooks fun, but the winter has so so many good games

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'd like to point out the video description: "Uploaded by RoccoB64 on Jun 27, 2011 Originally ran on Gametrailers.com, January 2011* *(AKA long before E3) **(Right after Rocco was in bed for a month and didn't do anything but EAT) ***(HE WAS ACTUALLY SWEATING GRAVY)" just so people don't call it inaccurate. it was accurate for its time :P
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'd like to point out the video description: "Uploaded by RoccoB64 on Jun 27, 2011 Originally ran on Gametrailers.com, January 2011* *(AKA long before E3) **(Right after Rocco was in bed for a month and didn't do anything but EAT) ***(HE WAS ACTUALLY SWEATING GRAVY)" just so people don't call it inaccurate. it was accurate for its time :P

people don't think of little details that but it is still inaccurate saying nintendogs was the only 3ds launch game from nintendo we did get pilot wings
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Well, at least the 3DS lineup has improved since January.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

i'm getting:

• Skyward Sword
  • Modern Warfare 3
  • Kirby
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Mario Party
  • Xenoblade
  • The Last Story

WreckEm711

Last Story is 2012 in Europe.

Gonna get Xenoblade next week, Skyward Sword whenever it comes and perhaps Rayman Origins.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'd like to point out the video description: "Uploaded by RoccoB64 on Jun 27, 2011 Originally ran on Gametrailers.com, January 2011* *(AKA long before E3) **(Right after Rocco was in bed for a month and didn't do anything but EAT) ***(HE WAS ACTUALLY SWEATING GRAVY)" just so people don't call it inaccurate. it was accurate for its time :P

people don't think of little details that but it is still inaccurate saying nintendogs was the only 3ds launch game from nintendo we did get pilot wings

it's called a joke.
Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

i'd like to point out the video description: "Uploaded by RoccoB64 on Jun 27, 2011 Originally ran on Gametrailers.com, January 2011* *(AKA long before E3) **(Right after Rocco was in bed for a month and didn't do anything but EAT) ***(HE WAS ACTUALLY SWEATING GRAVY)" just so people don't call it inaccurate. it was accurate for its time :PBrunoBRS

Still is accurate..

nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

lol i like how the guy on the street was so concerned for him

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

That video was funny I haven't seen a mega64 video in months

bwalsh21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bwalsh21
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It's true that the Wii's lineup was pretty mediocre this year (except, of course, for Skyward Sword) but they deserve a break after their amazing 2010 lineup. Their focus has clearly been on the 3DS this year and with the recent price cut and the launch of Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D right around the corner, I'm tempted to throw down the cash for a portable system for the first time in ages.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

It's true that the Wii's lineup was pretty mediocre this year (except, of course, for Skyward Sword) but they deserve a break after their amazing 2010 lineup.bwalsh21
They don't deserve a break for making a decision to not ship good games.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

]They don't deserve a break for making a decision to not ship good games.

nintendofreak_2
Of course they do, what do you think games come out of the ether, they take time to make, The released a ton of them last year, even if they were going for another round on the Wii, you wouldn't start to see more until late next year. And the Wii doesn't have as bad of a Q4 as people make it out to be, they have Zelda, Kirby, Rayman, Driver, MW3, Rune Factory, X-Men Destiny, Spider-man, Sports games, Lego games, so people exaggerate when they say there is nothing coming out.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Wow, I think people are exagerating a lot...

This year I bought A LOT of Wii games.

I will get these 2011 titles (not counting the VC and Wiiware):

*The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

*Bit.Trip Complete

*Fortune Street

*Mario Party 9

*Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2

I think it's quite good considering we are in August.

And from other years:

*Green Day: Rock Band

*Penny Racers Party: Turbo Q Speedway

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendofreak_2

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

Sepewrath

Of course they do, what do you think games come out of the ether, they take time to make, The released a ton of them last year, even if they were going for another round on the Wii, you wouldn't start to see more until late next year. And the Wii doesn't have as bad of a Q4 as people make it out to be, they have Zelda, Kirby, Rayman, Driver, MW3, Rune Factory, X-Men Destiny, Spider-man, Sports games, Lego games, so people exaggerate when they say there is nothing coming out.

They have games already made (or close to being completed) that they are not releasing... That's why people started Operation Rainfall...

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
3DS ended up with a very good year end line-up, but I haven't seen a single game given a window beyond early 2012, hopefully we don't have another year long drought.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sepewrath

They have games already made (or close to being completed) that they are not releasing... That's why people started Operation Rainfall...

nintendofreak_2
And? What do you think is the first time that will happen? Do you think its going to be the last time? Not every game will release in every territory, that is just the nature of the beast, it doesn't disregard everything else coming out. If it does for you, fine, I cant tell you how to think, same as if those three games were coming out and none of the rest of the mentioned games were, it would be just three games, that doesn't make up for the lack of these other games.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Sepewrath

They should have done a better job spacing out their release schedule. Surely someone realized "Hey we don't have anything in development on Wii for next year, maybe we should hold a couple of these other games back." They did the same thing with the launch of the 3DS. Nintendo has been doing an awful job with its launch schedule all year long. What will happen next year? Will we have an entire 5+ months of no games being released on the console?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sepewrath
Well I didn't see anyone complaining about the lack of them spacing it out last year and if they had, people would have been complaining about Galaxy 2 coming out and then nothing coming out for 5 months after that. Point is, people would be complaining regardless, so what does it matter in the end.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendofreak_2

Sepewrath

And? What do you think is the first time that will happen? Do you think its going to be the last time? Not every game will release in every territory, that is just the nature of the beast, it doesn't disregard everything else coming out. If it does for you, fine, I cant tell you how to think, same as if those three games were coming out and none of the rest of the mentioned games were, it would be just three games, that doesn't make up for the lack of these other games.

I've been gaming for a long time, and I've obviously been on this site for a while to keep up with gaming news. I know this isn't the first time something like this has happened, don't put words in my mouth.

My point is that Nintendo is largely to blame for the lack of great games right now. They have games at the ready, and they aren't releasing them. People have every right to critisize them, and Nintendo deserves every bit of it that they get.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath
One I didn't say you said anything, so I don't know how I'm putting words in your mouth. Second, people want to criticize someone for those games not coming out, look in the mirror. Especially if you one of those people who demanded Fragile, Rune Factory, Baroque etc and then decided you had better things to do when they were actually released. You want to know why those games aren't coming out, there you go. So those are the people to blame, if your one of them, then you have yourself to blame.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendofreak_2

One I didn't say you said anything, so I don't know how I'm putting words in your mouth. Second, people want to criticize someone for those games not coming out, look in the mirror. Especially if you one of those people who demanded Fragile, Rune Factory, Baroque etc and then decided you had better things to do when they were actually released. You want to know why those games aren't coming out, there you go. So those are the people to blame, if your one of them, then you have yourself to blame.Sepewrath
Why would I buy bad games? Baroque was terrible, Fragile had awful combat and camera issues (which are gamebreaking issues), and Rune Factory is an incredibly niche title (an RPG with literal FARMING elements? That doesn't scream massive appeal).

I bought Fire Emblem, Muramasa, Tales of Symphonia, and Monster Hunter 3. I did my part in buying the quality (maybe not so much in Tales' case, but whatever) RPGs throught out the past couple years. I can't support a genre when it doesn't have quality games to buy in the first place, and I pretty much have all of the good ones. Just look at metacritic to see how many good RPGs (and SRPGs) there are and you'll see I'm not missing much that wasn't some random spin-off or a port. Heck, I bought Tales just to support the genre knowing it wasn't going to be that great.

Nintendo deserves my criticism over this matter, and they can be criticized by any Wii owner for this year's historically awful lineup when they have at least one game that can release within the next couple months and help to remedy that problem.

Avatar image for GCwasthebestsys
GCwasthebestsys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GCwasthebestsys
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts

Wow NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

for one, that guy is absurdly obese thus disgusting and sad in general. and he has a LISP haha. i bet he even owns nintendogs.

wow that guy has NEVER been laid. does he really think that was funny?

Avatar image for GCwasthebestsys
GCwasthebestsys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GCwasthebestsys
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts

I'm actually forwarding this video to friends just because this fat guy is so hilarious trying to talk.

"Yeth, What elth doeth nintendo have?"

try some speech therapy and a TREADMILL before you try to knock Nintendo buddy

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS

Wow NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

for one, that guy is absurdly obese thus disgusting and sad in general. and he has a LISP haha. i bet he even owns nintendogs.

wow that guy has NEVER been laid. does he really think that was funny?

GCwasthebestsys

I'm actually forwarding this video to friends just because this fat guy is so hilarious trying to talk.

GCwasthebestsys

*ahem*
i'd like to point out the video description:

"Uploaded by RoccoB64 on Jun 27, 2011

Originally ran on Gametrailers.com, January 2011*

*(AKA long before E3)

**(Right after Rocco was in bed for a month and didn't do anything but EAT)

***(HE WAS ACTUALLY SWEATING GRAVY)"

just so people don't call it inaccurate. it was accurate for its time :PBrunoBRS

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

i'm getting:

• Skyward Sword
  • Modern Warfare 3
  • Kirby
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Mario Party

pc-ps360

there fixed that for u.

That's what I was thinking. *sigh*

Only game I'm looking forward to is Skyward Sword. I still haven't finished Kirby's Epic Yarn so the new one will have to wait.

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

GCwasthebestsys

Way to go missing the point of the video. Let's point and laugh at the fat kid everyone! How old are you 15?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="GCwasthebestsys"]

Pesantez

Way to go missing the point of the video. Let's point and laugh at the fat kid everyone! How old are you 15?

i think he's saying that because he sees a lot of himself in that guy. but no one can see i'm fat on the internet! LET ME FEEL HOW IT IS TO LAUGH AT FAT PEOPLE.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Sepewrath

And as a multi-plat gamer, what incentive would I have to pick the Wii version over the HD versions of several of the games you mentioned?
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

TheFallenDemon

And as a multi-plat gamer, what incentive would I have to pick the Wii version over the HD versions of several of the games you mentioned?

there really isn't

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sepewrath

Why would I buy bad games? Baroque was terrible, Fragile had awful combat and camera issues (which are gamebreaking issues), and Rune Factory is an incredibly niche title (an RPG with literal FARMING elements? That doesn't scream massive appeal).

nintendofreak_2
Why would you demand a game that you don't know you want? You were kicking and screaming for the game and then it gets a 5.0 and you don't want it? Then why were you demanding it, like your money was on the table in the first place? Do you get the point now. Lets say Pandora was to get release, it definitely looks like one of those games that get torn apart in reviews because it strays to close to other more popular games. Then after all this operation rainfall stuff, no one wants it. This is why the operation isn't be taken seriously, you should have known it was a bad game before demanding it.
And as a multi-plat gamer, what incentive would I have to pick the Wii version over the HD versions of several of the games you mentioned?TheFallenDemon
The same reason you would get BF3 on an HD console instead of the PC, you get the hardware you got, If you only own a Wii, you have games to play.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendofreak_2

Why would you demand a game that you don't know you want? You were kicking and screaming for the game and then it gets a 5.0 and you don't want it? Then why were you demanding it, like your money was on the table in the first place? Do you get the point now. Lets say Pandora was to get release, it definitely looks like one of those games that get torn apart in reviews because it strays to close to other more popular games. Then after all this operation rainfall stuff, no one wants it. This is why the operation isn't be taken seriously, you should have known it was a bad game before demanding it. Sepewrath
I wouldn't demand a game that I know is going to be bad or that I'm unsure of. I knew Xenoblade was going to be good once I saw gameplay. I didn't ask for Baroque or Rune Factory in the first place, and once I saw Fragile gameplay, I stopped hyping it completely because it had obvious issues that would have prevented me from enjoying it.

I didn't complain when Disaster didn't get a release in NA. I didn't complain when Captain Rainbow didn't get a release. I didn't complain when Fatal Frame 4 didn't get a release. I knew before hand that the games were either going to be bad (like Disaster) or that I wasn't interested (CR/FF). I'm only asking for the game that I know I'll get and that's Xenoblade. I don't care if The Last Story or Pandora's Tower get released, they honestly don't look very good. Pandora's Tower looks especially bad.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Meh
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#42 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

WTF :)

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
Has everyone forgotten about Dragon Quest 10 for the Wii? When that's talked up by Squenix, people are really gonna be happy they have a Wii.