KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so i just built the basic headset. fairly simple.

i tried a couple of the vr mini games. VR is very cool. if i did drugs it might be insane lol

anyway...having to hold it with your hands is very tiring. my back and arms hurt after 5 minutes :P also the resolution is pretty bad. quite blurry.

if the screen were super sharp and the headset cut be strapped on or something. this thing would be super amazing.

i mean its already super cool but those 2 things would put it epic level.

ill build more stuff a little later. ill come back and post more thoughts.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KBFloYd

i did have one issue. i got a hair on the front lenses. and it was a bit hard to get it off. i can see dirt or pet hair being a small issue maybe?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Having to hold it with your hands is poor design I mean how long are you going to be holding this thing for. Obviously designed as a mini game device.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
@robert_sparkes said:

Having to hold it with your hands is poor design I mean how long are you going to be holding this thing for. Obviously designed as a mini game device.

yes. not designed for long play sessions.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBFloYd

Ill probably build the camera and the gun tonight.

i think i might not build the bird at all. i dont think i want to do the elephant drawing one either. too much work :P

there is already tons to do with those 3 i will have.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd

i built the camera and the gun. gun took like 4 or 5 hours. camera was only 1 hour.

camera is cool they throw you in a ocean and you look at fish as you descend down. if you look down you descend if you look up you ascend. its pretty trippy when you look downard as you descend. feels like your floating a tiny bit.

the blaster feels terrific. the feedback from pumping it like a shotgun and firing is super satisfying.

no dizzyness whatsoever either.

i decided i am going to build the wind pedal too. but not the bird and not the elephant. the bird is wack and i dont like to draw.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd

apparantly you can use labo vr to watch youtube VR. it has to be videos made for "cardboard VR" see this video to explain

Loading Video...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

i built the camera and the gun. gun took like 4 or 5 hours. camera was only 1 hour.

camera is cool they throw you in a ocean and you look at fish as you descend down. if you look down you descend if you look up you ascend. its pretty trippy when you look downard as you descend. feels like your floating a tiny bit.

the blaster feels terrific. the feedback from pumping it like a shotgun and firing is super satisfying.

i decided i am going to build the wind pedal too. but not the bird and not the elephant. the bird is wack and i dont like to draw.

I hear the bird one is one of the most fun ones. Of course lock the door before you try it lest someone sees you, but the wind thing apparently actually works a little bit to create a little extra immersion? I want to know what you think of it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KBFloYd

@KungfuKitten said:
@KBFloYd said:

I hear the bird one is one of the most fun ones. Of course lock the door before you try it lest someone sees you, but the wind thing apparently actually works a little bit to create a little extra immersion? I want to know what you think of it.

yea, i built the wind pedal but the frog jump game is meh. out of the 4 i built the frog jump was the worst. a bit boring imo. the blaster games are great, the camera ones are cool, the vr goggles themselves are necessary.

there are 4 little minigames with the wind pedal in the plaza. i havnt tried those. of course if you build the bird the wind pedal will make that one a bit more immersive.

its pretty cool how the wind pedal throws wind at your face it might work better than having a fan on those hot summer days :P