Nintendo in 2018 - What are you hoping for?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

So what are some of your hopes or expectations for Nintendo in 2018? This can either be reasonable expectations or wildest dreams. Up to you!

I'm personally hoping they announce that Metroid Prime 4 is delayed. The brand is too good to be rushed, so I hope they make the right decision and give it more time.

I hope that they show off the new Pokemon game, exclusive to Switch, and it's a complete overhaul of the series with real time combat.

Furthermore, I hope for Pikmin 4 is released this year, and one completely new surprise big budget game to be announced at E3 this year, to be released in time for Christmas 2018.

What about you?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

1. yoshi paper world looks cool. much better than yarn yoshi for sure.

2. havnt seen enough of the kirby game to form an opinion.

3. id hope pokemon switch comes out in november! so it can win goty...and that its close to everything people hoped.

4. would be great to get metroid next year as well. i dont think it will be rushed. i mean last metroid prime was ages ago.

5. retro studios game! id love it to be a 3d donkey kong platformer. 2d is a bit meh for me.

6. no more heroes 3 would be a great indie/AA title to get next year.

7. fire emblem and shin megami tensei 5 will be great.

8. another game that is sorely missing is smash bros. id love a melee remake or a smash collection! so that it has 64/melee/brawl/ and smash 4 on 1 cart! oh yes...

9. a 2D mario would be most welcome as well. but they need to change the artsyle from the new super mario series imo. come up with something new.

10. and finally whatever 3rd party/indie games nintendo can surprise us with...pikmin?? maybe. i love pikmin

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By trugs26

@KBFloYd said:

4. would be great to get metroid next year as well. i dont think it will be rushed. i mean last metroid prime was ages ago.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they were working on it the entire time. The main reason I say they should delay it is because they revealed it with a half-baked logo - as if they had barely started development.

On a side note, one of my other hopes is that they maintain a release schedule with a big game every 1-2 months throughout 2018. So ideally they kick things off with a Direct in January.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KBFloYd

@trugs26 said:
@KBFloYd said:

Sure, but that doesn't mean they were working on it the entire time. The main reason I say they should delay it is because they revealed it with a half-baked logo - as if they had barely started development.

On a side note, one of my other hopes is that they maintain a release schedule with a big game every 1-2 months throughout 2018. So ideally they kick things off with a Direct in January.

yea january is pretty dry for everyone. playstation/xbox and switch. but 2017 was packed with stuff. if they can have the same pace this year. then that would garuntee nintendo another 10million sales or more in 2018.

however i am worried that 3rd party games on switch in 2017 might have underperformed and this year we might not get fifa or nba 2k....stuff like that. i hope im wrong. i hope they did ok. id like to get madden in addition to fifa this year.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trugs26

Another one is Mario Maker. I hope they release it for Switch, packed in with a stylus.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KBFloYd

@trugs26 said:

Another one is Mario Maker. I hope they release it for Switch, packed in with a stylus.

oh yea but that would only work in handheld mode. in console form theyd have to change the way you place items and stuff. i think they might not do it.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

More 3rd party games. The stronger the library, the better the chance of a long system life.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

A good Pokemon game. I hope it's an open world Pokemon that's fresh and new. I wouldn't MIND a Pokemon similar to the handheld, but I think a CONSOLE Pokemon warrants a special kind.

I want them to announce a Mario Kart sequel, 2D Mario, and see what Animal Crossing game they'll make.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

I would like to see how the online features of the Switch be like in 2018.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

I'm expecting a great Nintendo direct this month, with a few awesome surprises :D they will carry that momentum!!

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Not kill off 3DS yet because I still don't have a Switch. :(

RogueStalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RogueStalk
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

Acquire Sonic, haha.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

- A way to organize software with folders like the 3DS

- More third party support (GTA 5, Madden)

- Online service details / Voice chat

- Virtual Console / Netflix / YouTube

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

Since (as i've been saying over and over again) Metroid Prime 4 is not coming out in 2018 i just want Metroid: Samus Returns HD for the Switch. Other than that new entries for a couple beloved franchises like F-Zero, Star Fox and ofc Smash Bros.

Finally some news about the Virtual Console and last but not least: do something about that damn voice chat!!!! I don't know what, anything. Just fix that mess.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#15 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@bdmckinley said:

- A way to organize software with folders like the 3DS

- More third party support (GTA 5, Madden)

- Online service details / Voice chat

- Virtual Console / Netflix / YouTube

I think this pretty much sums it up for me. I'm a bit afraid of the third party support, as so far it seems we are about to enter 2014 port city. I don't really want to play Payday 2 and Outlast. I would like some more Indie games made specifically for the hardware.

Stuff like Mighty Gunvolt Burst and Golf Story really makes the Switch shine.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

I love my 3DS!!! Hopefully more amazing games will be released!!!

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Eternal Darkness 2. Made by Retro with Amy Hennig hired on as lead.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

Forgot one. They reallllllly need to revamp the eShop. It's so....unorganized. There is too much quality software that is getting overlooked because people can't find it. Even the Wii eShop was categorized. I know they have to be working on this. I'm sure it's not lost on them.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trugs26

@bdmckinley said:

Forgot one. They reallllllly need to revamp the eShop. It's so....unorganized. There is too much quality software that is getting overlooked because people can't find it. Even the Wii eShop was categorized. I know they have to be working on this. I'm sure it's not lost on them.

Agreed. I'd even like to do simple things like search for "local multiplayer games" only.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

I hope they make some more compelling games for me, because right now the Switch's exclusive library is really underwhelming for me. Please don't hinge 2018 on Yoshi and Kirby, Nintendo. They're just more of the same. Lets see the long awaited next full entry in the Animal Crossing series, for example. Also would be neat to hear of a new Super Smash Bros. It doesn't have to be under Sakurai, as I understand the man has been through enough... But please no port of the Wii U version, Nintendo.

They also need to massively overhaul the online system if they actually want people to pay for it... I mean, the system has flipping Friend Codes. What on earth, Nintendo? Please tell me that can be fixed.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I really hope they scrap the idea of charging for online. I really don’t want another subscription on top of the many I already have.

Games wise I want to at least get an announcement of animal crossing. That and Pokemon are perfect for switch and the two games I want the most.

Luigis mansion would be nice also.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Something that will finally push me over the fence to buy a switch. There are already games there, but I think I'm waiting for Nintendo to announce something for their neglected IP titles. Just say the words F-Zero, Golden Sun, Rouge Squadron, Battalion Wars, etc. and I'd be a Gamestop picking one up the same day....

mk_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mk_1
Member since 2017 • 35 Posts

I think they may announce a DK title, perhaps to fill the gap between Yoshi and Kirby. It's quite likely that there'll be some of Bethesda's back catalogue too as well as 2K and Rockstar. Would love to see some new IP's and some old ones too.

krikke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 krikke
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

short and simple on my end:

Part 4 of the Golden Sun Saga

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Since I haven't really played Pokemon since Red/Blue, I want a proper full fledged Core- RPG for the Switch.

I am very interested in the Megaman announcements for the Switch for 2018. I will probably buy all of it.

I would like HD Remasters of Mario Galaxy 1+2, 3D world, etc. As well as a Tri Force HD Remaster pack of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword. As well as a good HD Remaster Metriod Prime Trilogy.

I would like a good Virtual console to get the great NES/SNES/N64 titles. Like Super Mario World, Super Mario 3, Super Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back, Extreme-G I would love the entire backlog of the Helicopter Strike games on there! Plus a new one! Lots of desire in this department.

I would love a new Rogue Squadron, or Extreme G, and Super Smash Bro designed with the Switch in mind. I would love a new Switch focused Star Fox game! A new Diddy Kong Racing would be cool..

Granted I just want all this for the Switch, doesn't have to be just in 2018.

Rah82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rah82
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Metriod ☝️

Shawny_boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Shawny_boi
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Personally this is what I'm hoping for:

1. Some apps like Chrunchyroll, Hulu, Netflix, etc.

2. Nintendo to start reviving some of it's older games/franchises that haven't seen games in a while. Such as Nintendo (Advance) Wars, Duck Hunt, F-Zero, and Earthbound for example.

3. Nintendo to announce release dates or show footage of some of it's AA or AAA games. Such as Fire Emblem Switch, Pikmin 4, Metroid 4, and Pokemon Switch. Not necessarily saying they all have to come out this year (although 1-2 of them coming out this year would be nice), but we all know they are in the works and seeing some footage or a release date would be awesome.

4. Nintendo to inform us that they are still thinking of their smaller series/franchises and say that we will see games for them, for this I'm thinking games like Punch-Out, WarioWare, and Kid Icarus.

5. Them to announce a Super Smash Bros Switch.

Basically streaming devices for the console and for Nintendo to let us know what's going on with their first party titles and to bring back some of them for the Switch.