nintendo headset

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lilZOoLu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 lilZOoLu
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

y doesnt nintendo have a headset?the online is so **** you dont know who you are playing with example in brawl u never know if nintendo has just set up cpus 4 u to fight online(random matches).to make money nintendo needs 2 get a headset and follow ms and sony.thats why nintendo online sucks.like in balliton wars you want 2 know who your playing with or u will never win.do u think they will unveil 1 at e3?

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

y doesnt nintendo have a headset?the online is so **** you dont know who you are playing with example in brawl u never know if nintendo has just set up cpus 4 u to fight online(random matches).to make money nintendo needs 2 get a headset and follow ms and sony.thats why nintendo online sucks.like in balliton wars you want 2 know who your playing with or u will never win.do u think they will unveil 1 at e3?

lilZOoLu

dont know. dont care.

headsets are fine and dandy until some litle kids starts screaming like a girl on the mic or some jerk starts to scream obscenities for everyone to hear how "cool" he is.

the only game a headset is good for is Team Fortress 2. other than that, forget it. unneccsary

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

A headset would be nice, but i guess developers could come up with easier ways to communicate in multiplayer games. They could be creative ways which would compliment the wii quite nicely.

On the other hand, a keyboard peripheral (dont know how to spell it) would be fine.

_bLaZeR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _bLaZeR_
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts

personaly I couldnt care about a headset on wii

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
As much as I love voice chat. It would be way too nasty for Mario Kart Wii. "WTF!!! I ALMOST CROSSED THE FINISH LINE!!!!!!****ING BLUE SHELL!!!!!! **** YOU BLUE SHELL!!!!! Trust me, it happens:(
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
A headset would be good...but it would be nice if it only worked with people registered as friends, and not with random players.
KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

Nintendo would never make a headset for the simple fact that they wouldn't want the liability of having some drunk 20 year old cursing at some innocent 10 year old because he nailed him with a blue shell at the finish line.

Nintendo prides themselves on being "family friendly", you give people a microphone to talk crap into, you eliminate that tag.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

That was painful to read.

anyway, all im going to say is: Maybe this year. I honestly dont care too much because i dont want people ******** online about how "OMG0RZ U GOT LUKY CUZ U LYKE GOT TA BLU SHEEL1!@1!!1" or "OMgZ U HAX DIs GAME WTF DIS BS" etc.

I've heard it all to much when i used to playing PC games, its annoying. The only reason i would use a headset is if im facing friends. I dont care about talking to random people because they'll either act really mad or really racist.

cheese59012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheese59012
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

right now i been hearing theyll probably come out with it. because the tech. they have today lets people swear but the mic bleeps itj out or you will talk but it will come out as kind of like a chatroom. it would be PERFECT on brawl!!!!

todays a new day, try something new!

theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts

On the other hand, a keyboard peripheral (dont know how to spell it) would be fine.

BeyondPain
The Wii actually supports USB keyboards. So it's really just up to developers to implement them.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts
[QUOTE="lilZOoLu"]

icarus212001

dont know. dont care.

headsets are fine and dandy until some litle kids starts screaming like a girl on the mic or some jerk starts to scream obscenities for everyone to hear how "cool" he is.

the only game a headset is good for is Team Fortress 2. other than that, forget it. unneccsary

Wow. How many times has this been brought up? If anyone does that, you can mute them..And if Nintendo doesn't want that to even happen to begin with, they could make it so parents would change a simple setting. Nintendo should put a service where they are very strict with online policies. Do anything bad even once and BAM 2 month ban. They should have an online service where you pay, I might pay for $5 a month or something to improve online. I also think Nintendo should have similar online for all of their game. I hate how some games have features that other dont, and MOH uses a different system, and each game has it's own friend code.
theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts

right now i been hearing theyll probably come out with it. because the tech. they have today lets people swear but the mic bleeps itj out or you will talk but it will come out as kind of like a chatroom. it would be PERFECT on brawl!!!!

todays a new day, try something new!

cheese59012
Technology does not yet allow for real-time automated censoring, at least not that I'm aware of. When live events on TV are censored, it's because there is a time-delay, and people waiting on the censor button to press it in case someone says a naughty.
Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

As much as I love voice chat. It would be way too nasty for Mario Kart Wii. "WTF!!! I ALMOST CROSSED THE FINISH LINE!!!!!!****ING BLUE SHELL!!!!!! **** YOU BLUE SHELL!!!!! Trust me, it happens:(SmokieX

LMAO i agree fully. Also dont want a bunch of kids calling everyone names and such hehe

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 icarus212001
[QUOTE="icarus212001"][QUOTE="lilZOoLu"]

theweakbear

dont know. dont care.

Wow. How many times has this been brought up? If anyone does that, you can mute them..And if Nintendo doesn't want that to even happen to begin with, they could make it so parents would change a simple setting. Nintendo should put a service where they are very strict with online policies. Do anything bad even once and BAM 2 month ban. They should have an online service where you pay, I might pay for $5 a month or something to improve online. I also think Nintendo should have similar online for all of their game. I hate how some games have features that other dont, and MOH uses a different system, and each game has it's own friend code.

thats nice but lets face it. most parents nowadays are too lazy to even remember their kids names. nintendo can put a setting, but parents would be too lazy to notice or care. which is ironic really because those same parents form groups and militias against GTA 4 and Mass Effect when there is a feature on their respective console to limit kids from using it.

my arguement comes from the distinct notion that kids will be kids and they will find a way around it and when that happens my ear drums will never stop bleeding. sure you can mute them, but what if that same person is on your team? and your playing co-op? not very useful there, eh?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
theres too much action to have conversations in brawl
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

thats nice but lets face it. most parents nowadays are too lazy to even remember their kids names. nintendo can put a setting, but parents would be too lazy to notice or care. which is ironic really because those same parents form groups and militias against GTA 4 and Mass Effect when there is a feature on their respective console to limit kids from using it.

my arguement comes from the distinct notion that kids will be kids and they will find a way around it and when that happens my ear drums will never stop bleeding. sure you can mute them, but what if that same person is on your team? and your playing co-op? not very useful there, eh?

icarus212001

First of all, it's kind of rare that you get someone that screams at you for no reason. I agree with you when parents don't really change stuff when it comes to parental settings and stuff but if they are good parents they will find a way by looking through manuals ect. If they don't care about that then the kids might as well be playing xbox 360 with other people right? True it's not very useful when you need to communicate with them and they're screaming but seriously, that shouldn't even be considered a point because the time that you will spend communicating is much greater than the time you will spend listening to someone screaming. Besides if voice chat wasn't there, we wouldn't even be communicating at all in the first place.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 icarus212001
[QUOTE="icarus212001"]

theweakbear

First of all, it's kind of rare that you get someone that screams at you for no reason. I agree with you when parents don't really change stuff when it comes to parental settings and stuff but if they are good parents they will find a way by looking through manuals ect. If they don't care about that then the kids might as well be playing xbox 360 with other people right? True it's not very useful when you need to communicate with them and they're screaming but seriously, that shouldn't even be considered a point because the time that you will spend communicating is much greater than the time you will spend listening to someone screaming. Besides if voice chat wasn't there, we wouldn't even be communicating at all in the first place.

but should that even matter in the first place?

Varoennauraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Varoennauraa
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts
They could add leds to the headset for headtracking!
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

While I think it would be nice for some games, I wouldn't want it overall. While it would be much easier with friends, I don't want it in worldwide games.

doctores143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#20 doctores143
Member since 2007 • 3016 Posts
You realize how many little kids play the wii? We would have 5 year olds screaming into that thing likes theres no tomarro!
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

talking online is key for anything team based. It is also good for other games because it is social. Nintendo could easily just have a options for parents to turn voice on or off. There is no reasons not to have it. The Wii is garbage for online gaming. But I got a 360 for that anyways.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts
I just use Ventrilo lol. Well thats when Im playing with my friends irl
Shade340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shade340
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts

Incorporating a keyboard would help out in preventing ranting cause retards and little kid can't type very fast in my opinion. 8)