Nintendo Direct: Animal Crossing [pics from the stream + offical site added]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

As traslated by StreetsAhead on NeoGAF.

- Talking about the game, being mayor, building house, no firm goals.
- Eguchi, producer. Going to talk to devs.
-The man and woman were the game's directors, the other woman is a planner.
- Flowers will sparkle depending off if they've been watered.
- Can design roads - they added the character for 'road'. There's a camping ground, sometimes there'll be campers - villagers who don't live in your village.
- Villagers and visitors can buy items in the recycle shop.
- There's a pot plant and the other is a music album.
- The bench and clock were stuff she placed as mayor.
- When you sit in the mayor's seat, **** (for some odd reason it's censoring the secritary's name) will come up and talk to you.
- Once you've decided what to build, go with **** to decide where. Then they'll show you what it will look like. Donations from villagers begin.
- Don't have to go back to mayor's office once building is placed.
- Can donate yourself.
- New item: megaphone. Can say a villagers names to get their attention by speaking their name into the 3DS microphone.
- The tanooki brothers will take turns each day to service the shop.
- Halloween goods sold because it's October.
- Different types of shoes, boots and socks.
- 2nd floor is the museum shop. The four doors lead to special exhibitions. You can set the special exhibitions yourself. Hawaiian Expo, Sushi expo.
- Tanooki Housing Real Estate. Buy parts for your houses outside.
- Can decide if you want to increase room numbers and where (1st flow left, right, 2nd floor etc)
- Shisho, comedian. Started a comedy club, Club 444. Can watch his comedy shows. He has spoken dialogue during this. Can decide your reaction.
- Take photos of your expression with good timing for best result in the photo booth. Many reactions/emotions to collect.
- This is the design leader, Takahashi.
- Talking about new items.
- Can alter designs at R. Parker's
- The redesign takes 30 minutes in this instance. Changed the design and wood.
- Can create your own designs
- Entire house of Tom Nooks if you want!
- Can turn designs into QR codes.
- Model Homes now. People met through Streetpass. These are the people she's streetpassed with. Sometimes they will give you things, like ice-creams, balloons, and pin wheels.

- Up to 48 houses in three block, 16 homes per block.
- Can see with the map where the houses are using people's names.
- Toilets & urinals!! Mario stars, shells, & mushrooms!
- The woman to the left of Eguchi drew that apple as her 'Own Design' in the game.
- You can go to visit some people's villages that you've street-passed with. It's a 'dream'.
- Allows you to see how other people have set up their towns. When you have an internet connection, if someone you've street passed with has a Village number, (can search by name too) you can go into a new shop and visit their village. You can do stuff like cut trees and get fruit, but it doesn't affect their village.
- You can alter the look of City Hall, too.
- This is the sound director.
- This is the early morning theme. Second, the morning theme. Daytime theme now. Evening theme. Sky has changed color too and there's a diesel train running. And now the night theme. And now the late night theme.
- K. K. Slider, Saturday night live performances at the new Shisho's Club 444. Now for a new song. Shisho is dancing to the beat!
- DJ K.K. (K.K. Slider under a different name) performs on nights other than Saturday at the comedy club. 'House Nights' Includes NES Nights. 'Famicon Nights'.
- Can listen to the music on audio players in your house, like gramophones.
- Lots of new songs.
- Islands! The four of them are going to the island. Going by boat. A motor boat, headed by Kapp'n!
- A new song for the ride, too.
- Can get swimming suits the first time here, wearing it you can go swimming.
- Can dive for coral! Sometimes there'll be jellyfish.
- Find summer fish and bugs all year round here.
- Can trade medals got in mini games on the island to trade for the goods in the souvenir shop.

- Games are focused on Co-op.
- Tortimer appears as the Tour Guide, explains the games

- Each person has to search for their own type of fruits; mangoes, persimmons, etc.
- The faster you are the more medals you get.
- Can pick up fruits and drop them for other players in easier locations.
- This is 'Hammer', hit the little electric car.
- And that's it from the team - thanks to the staff.
- Iwata reconfirms download version; same as the retail version. Mentions the benefit of download versions.

- Official Animal Crossing twitter @doubutsuno_mori , will reveal new characters and items.

Watch it here.

*EDIT*

Offical Japenese Animal Crossing webpage

Images in spoiler.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Why does this have to wait till 2013 for NA/EU?! :cry:

Oh well, the game looks like it's going to be really good based on all these cool new features they're adding. :D

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerEye

Why does this have to wait till 2013 for NA/EU?! :cry:

Oh well, the game looks like it's going to be really good based on all these cool new features they're adding. :D

moltenix

Indeed.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Cant wait for 2013! I want this game so badly :cry:

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Want it now!!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Looks like a really good, feature packed sequel :).

Can someone explain Dream Mode though?

I will likely get the game (depends on my friends) as it sounds awesome, but it would be that much better if I could connect to my friends towns without them being on. Meaning I could hop online and go to their town anytime.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerEye

I will likely get the game (depends on my friends) as it sounds awesome, but it would be that much better if I could connect to my friends towns without them being on. Meaning I could hop online and go to their town anytime.

NaveedLife

Unless I'm mistaken, dream mode, what it does is allow you to visit towns of people you have street passed with (ofcourse, assuming they have Animal Crossing). You can do what ever you want in that town and nobody will ever know as it won't be saved (as in if you cut down all the trees in the village, for example, when who ever you street passed with gets back on the game, those trees will still be there). There might be someother stuff that can be down but I don't know about it.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Do you Animal Crossing fans realize you keep purchasing the same game over and over again? Off topic: Two more days until Pokemon Black & White 2 hits! ;)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife

Do you Animal Crossing fans realize you keep purchasing the same game over and over again? Off topic: Two more days until Pokemon Black & White 2 hits! ;)

Euaggelistes

lol nice irony. Are you actualy not interested in AC?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

GamerEye

Unless I'm mistaken, dream mode, what it does is allow you to visit towns of people you have street passed with (ofcourse, assuming they have Animal Crossing). You can do what ever you want in that town and nobody will ever know as it won't be saved (as in if you cut down all the trees in the village, for example, when who ever you street passed with gets back on the game, those trees will still be there). There might be someother stuff that can be down but I don't know about it.

Ah, that is cool, though I really wish they had servers that saved our towns and such so we could visit our friends towns anywhere and anytime.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerEye

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Ah, that is cool, though I really wish they had servers that saved our towns and such so we could visit our friends towns anywhere and anytime.

Well that might happen as well. They haven't actually said much about Animal Crossing 3D online play

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Well I imagine that they do or can. There is still quite abit of information that they havent given us. Such as how were they all in the same town playing together and what process did they go through to do that (obviously local play, but obviously they will have world wide multiplayer, why have it in the other games and not this one). I think the potential of being able to do that is likely or something similar to what you want is possible since they do have the Nintendo Network logo on the cover and I dont think that has anything to do with the fact that there is local multiplayer.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Is it gonna be more fun than AC was gamecube and wii? Cause those games were horribly boring.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerEye

Is it gonna be more fun than AC was gamecube and wii? Cause those games were horribly boring. AutoPilotOn

Who knows, but imo, Animal Crossing on the GC was the best. Again imo.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
Definitely looking forward to this. Can't wait!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

Gamingclone

Well I imagine that they do or can. There is still quite abit of information that they havent given us. Such as how were they all in the same town playing together and what process did they go through to do that (obviously local play, but obviously they will have world wide multiplayer, why have it in the other games and not this one). I think the potential of being able to do that is likely or something similar to what you want is possible since they do have the Nintendo Network logo on the cover and I dont think that has anything to do with the fact that there is local multiplayer.

Of course there will be online play, but what I am talking about would require Nintendo to save your village to a server on their end. It would be really cool to jump into a buddies village when they are not playing. This was what made the gamecube one so much fun. Leaving posts on the bulletin, then someone logs on to find it later. That is really fun.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

NaveedLife

I have played all of the Animal Crossing games and I do not get them. They bore me to tears. My wife and my children LOVE them though so I am keeping up on the Animal Crossing 3DS news for them. I used to goof on them for liking it so much because it is basically the same game being rehashed over and over again, but then I realized that I purchase every Pokemon game so I do not have a lot of room to talk about rehashing. Glad you caught the irony.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerEye

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

Euaggelistes

I have played all of the Animal Crossing games and I do not get them. They bore me to tears. My wife and my children LOVE them though so I am keeping up on the Animal Crossing 3DS news for them. I used to goof on them for liking it so much because it is basically the same game being rehashed over and over again, but then I realized that I purchase every Pokemon game so I do not have a lot of room to talk about rehashing. Glad you caught the irony.

:P

Well I'd say Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, DS, and Wii are all pretty much the same thing (even though, imo, the gamecube one was the best), but this one, this one is truly different from the others. Though ofcourse with the obvious similar stuff still there.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Can't wait! Gimme now!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

Euaggelistes

Lol... On paper they seem like such boring games don't they. Even when I explain to people what you do in the game, they say "why would you want to play that??". But I can't get enough of them for some reason. They're sort of soothing in a wierd way.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerEye

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

hrt_rulz01

Lol... On paper they seem like such boring games don't they. Even when I explain to people what you do in the game, they say "why would you want to play that??". But I can't get enough of them for some reason. They're sort of soothing in a wierd way.

Agreed.