Nintendo Direct 12.15.12

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

So guys, as of this post, the Nintendo Direct has just wrapped up, we got some great announcements including Pikmin 3's release window, Lego City Undercover and Game & Wario footage and Google Maps for the Wii U.

However, I was disappointed at the amount of negativity during the stream, and it ruined the experience for me. I'm legitimally excited for all the new content coming out and the fact that we got a stability patch for the Wii U and 3DS on the same day, thank you Nintendo, greatly appreciated.

What did you like about the Direct? favorite moments? thoughts?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Not addressing the problems with the operating system was a big problem.

The idea that they're ignoring people from the get go isn't something that is going to build confidence in the console.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I honestly just wanted information about Nintendo TVii already... isn't Japan getting this Dec 8? We have no confirmation about it here yet, but I really want it. D: As for games, I mean, I'm ok. Pikmin 3 is the only thing I'm getting soon, and then having Fire Emblem Awakening soon is awesome, can't wait. :D
AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AlwaysParagon

The idea that they're ignoring people from the get go isn't something that is going to build confidence in the console.

Jaysonguy
We just got a patch today that decreased the loading times of the operating system and increased stability. Did you forget that?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Jaysonguy

Yeah, this is a pretty major concern for me, there is no way that stuff can go on, and they're pulling a Sony acting like the issue isn't there :?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

AlwaysParagon

We just got a patch today that decreased the loading times of the operating system and increased stability. Did you forget that?

There is nothing in the patch notes that said it decreased loading times, and most people on here have confirmed that it didn't do anything at all for their loading times..

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AlwaysParagon

[QUOTE="AlwaysParagon"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

WreckEm711

There is nothing in the patch notes that said it decreased loading times, and most people on here have confirmed that it didn't do anything at all for their loading times..

Did you download the patch?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

AlwaysParagon

That doesn't do anything for the operating system's speed.

People are still posting literally minutes (thank God I'm not in that bunch) for some features to load.

You can see from the various vids that are out that something is wrong with a set of the Wii U consoles as far as the OS working correctly, I don't know why but we know it's happening. I was hoping that Nintendo would address that.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I have a feeling that Pikmin is going to be one of those games that constantly changes its release window. I would have liked some information on Nintendo TVii or what they're going to do about improving the OS.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

I have a feeling that Pikmin is going to be one of those games that constantly changes its release window. I would have liked some information on Nintendo TVii or what they're going to do about improving the OS.

YearoftheSnake5

Pikmin was pretty far along when I played it, the reps were happy with how everything was coming together.

I would be surprised if it's a game that constantly slides down the calendar

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I'm getting Kasumi for Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I always thought it was weird to have ayane in it but opt out of Kasumi. if you didn't get my drift, I like Kasumi better than Ayane but I like Hitomi better than both of em
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I really wanted a Nintendo Tvii release date to be announced, 580meg update (or whatever it was ) seems far too large to just fix stability issues.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="AlwaysParagon"] We just got a patch today that decreased the loading times of the operating system and increased stability. Did you forget that?AlwaysParagon

Did you download the patch?

I think the question should be, did YOU download the patch? There is definitely no decrease in loading times at all. The OS is still pitifully slow, doing anything and everything.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

Pikmin was pretty far along when I played it, the reps were happy with how everything was coming together.

I would be surprised if it's a game that constantly slides down the calendar

Jaysonguy
Was the gamepad useable as a control method when you played it/ did they mention if it will be?
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I downloaded the patch hearing of all the good news... What are people smoking? I was disapointed to notice no loading time differences. Its not a HUGE problem for me, but it can be annoying and something that should be able to be fixed to a point I would think.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I really wanted a Nintendo Tvii release date to be announced, 580meg update (or whatever it was ) seems far too large to just fix stability issues.

sailor232

I wanted Nintendo TVii release date.

But I do plan on getting Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for Christmas so I will defintely download the Free DLC for that.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

So I just watched the Nintendo Direct video and man, that was just about as underwhelming as it can possibly get. It's cool for pikmin and ninja gaiden fans but they really leave a lot of room for improvement.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Not enough games for WiiU, no point showing the same games over & over..that we already know are coming. Lame!

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
12.15.12 is next week man...
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

12.15.12 is next week man...Rod90
He probably accidently added a 1 before the 5. I don't know if they announced one for December 15th.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I came in here hoping they announced another Direct for next week. Damn.