Nintendo buying back RARE?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Terrible website? I don't have anything to do with terrible websites, that's why I avoid IGN.

Also what are you talking about source? 2008 was the biggest year for the Wii, since then they've had to scale back their development program, put three campus builds on hold, cut back employee salaries, and haven't earned as much since then.

This is common knowledge, do you also want a source that water is wet and the sky is blue?

Jaysonguy

Har har. You don't need to avoid it when we all know about your sh!t website.

Yes, source. So just because 2008 was their largest year (or so you say, I'm too lazy to look that up,) that means they've been losing money because they haven't done as well then? If it was common knowledge, Googling for a source would be very easy. Since you can't come up with one, it's very clear you're just bashing Nintendo as usual.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Mind posting your source/numbers for this instead of talking out of your ass?

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Just a site trying to get hits, nothing more

Jaysonguy

Just like your terrible website!

Terrible website? I don't have anything to do with terrible websites, that's why I avoid IGN.

ZING!

Also what are you talking about source? 2008 was the biggest year for the Wii, since then they've had to scale back their development program, put three campus builds on hold, cut back employee salaries, and haven't earned as much since then.

This is common knowledge, do you also want a source that water is wet and the sky is blue?

I'd like a source to air is breathable if you can find it my good fellow. :D
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ChubbyGuy40

I'd like a source to air is breathable if you can find it my good fellow. :Dnini200

Air is just a poison that the government developed to slowly kill us. That way we don't live forever! My buddy who said that is totally legit, I swear!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

If it was common knowledge, Googling for a source would be very easy. Since you can't come up with one, it's very clear you're just bashing Nintendo as usual.

ChubbyGuy40

Do you follow Nintendo? Again this has been like big news, then again you have awful taste for websites so maybe they go hand in hand.......

In 2009 they lost 130 million, their first shortcoming in 6 years, their net profit dropped 75%

2010? back to back losing seasons to the tune of 300 million

2011? 800 million

The Wii U is only going to have 3 months to change the course of 2012 and something tells me that's not going to be enough time.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ChubbyGuy40

Do you follow Nintendo? Again this has been like big news, then again you have awful taste for websites so maybe they go hand in hand.......

In 2009 they lost 130 million, their first shortcoming in 6 years, their net profit dropped 75%

2011? 800 million

The Wii U is only going to have 3 months to change the course of 2012 and something tells me that's not going to be enough time.

Jaysonguy

I don't pay attention to something that doesn't interest me. Do explain how they're losing money if they've been posting profits at the end of every year. 2010 and 2011 were big years for Nintendo for expanding R&D for 3DS, Wii-U, and a new R&D center.

I'm no economic analyist, but you don't have to be one to determine that a gaming company with $10 billion~ in the bank is going nowhere. Wanna explain how someone with that much money can't afford to buy a development studio?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

2011? 800 million

ChubbyGuy40

I don't pay attention to something that doesn't interest me. Do explain how they're losing money if they've been posting profits at the end of every year. 2010 and 2011 were big years for Nintendo for expanding R&D for 3DS, Wii-U, and a new R&D center.

I'm no economic analyist, but you don't have to be one to determine that a gaming company with $10 billion~ in the bank is going nowhere. Wanna explain how someone with that much money can't afford to buy a development studio?

The welfare of Nintendo doesn't interest you? Then if you're not a fan of Nintendo why does any of this matter?

I'll agree that you're not an economist analyist because for some reason you think a company worth 10 billion means it has 10 billion in the bank :|

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ChubbyGuy40

The welfare of Nintendo doesn't interest you? Then if you're not a fan of Nintendo why does any of this matter?

I'll agree that you're not an economist analyist because for some reason you think a company worth 10 billion means it has 10 billion in the bank :|

Jaysonguy

Are you just selectively reading things to twist it in your paranoid view? The magazine reported Nintendo has 10 billion in the bank, not in assets or it's total net worth. Nintendo is worth a lot more 10 billion.

rickliao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rickliao
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

finally...conkers bad fur day and DK64 on the VC!

KBFloYd

well

Avatar image for sonic_rareware8
sonic_rareware8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 350

#59 sonic_rareware8
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

Hell yeah, Nintendo must buy back Rare, bring Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Perfect Dark, Battletoads and Killer Instinct back home!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jaysonguy

@sonic_rareware8 said:

Hell yeah, Nintendo must buy back Rare, bring Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Perfect Dark, Battletoads and Killer Instinct back home!

Really?

The forum now has these kinds of comments in it?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#61  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Gamingclone said:

nothing more than a Pipe dream I say.

This.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

wow its been awhile since I've been here. Anyway, like I said before, tis a pipe dream.

And what happened to my Gamespot user icon? I need to fix that...

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Rare's IPs are amazing, and everything but I'm not sure if Nintendo would benefit financially from supporting them, or not.

They'd be appealing mostly to kids who grew up in the 90s ... kids who are getting older.

But, I mean, we can hope. While we're hoping, though, I'd also be excite if Nintendo simply made an effort to unify some of Rare's disbanded talent.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Why would they buy a garbage company that is a shell of it's former self?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't believe this at all, but it'd be awesome if it were true. Rare IPs feel like Nintendo IPs to me. They would be at home at the house of Nintendo. It'd also be awesome to see some characters appear in Smash Bros. such as Banjo-Kazooie.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@ttualumni13 said:

You would only take them for the IPs at this point. Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, and Killer Instinct are all valuable. Blast Corps could be an interesting game, too, especially if it is modeled after Minecraft or something.

This is a really old thread, though. It's not like this is happening.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
@ttualumni13 said:

Because that "Garbage company" has many stellar IP's licensed under its name. Perfect Dark, Jet force Gemini, Conker, Banjo Kazooie, and many other IP's. Hell, I think its the partial reason Nintendo hasn't re-released Donkey Kong 64 yet...

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@tocool340: Nintendo hasn't released Donkey Kong 64 because, while they own the Donkey Kong characters, Rare retained the rights to the games they made. So when it comes to Rare games made with Nintendo IP, neither company can re-release games.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

if there was a god

@Jaysonguy said:

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Meinhard_X"]Whoever spread this rumor is a terrible person. KBFloYd

There's no chance of them losing anything.

Rare is 100 times better now then any other time in it's lifecycle, no one is going to ditch that cash cow.

The way Nintendo has been losing money since 2008 they don't have that kind of money to buy it.

Microsoft wont sell, Nintendo can't afford to buy.

i hope ur being extremely sarcastic

1) rare isnt even a shell of its forming self, its the remnants of a shell of its former self.

2) nintendo still has enough money to buy damn near anything it wants, they lost money on the wiiu but they are still swimming in it.

3) everythings for sale.

i dont believe itll happen, but it "could" even if the people that made Rare great arent there anymore (which im forced to assume since they havent made a good game in almost a decade)

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@tocool340: Lol if you think Microsoft would let that many IPs go over to a competitor. Nintendo would be getting a garbage company and thats it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jaysonguy

@i-rock-socks said:

if there was a god

@Jaysonguy said:

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Meinhard_X"]Whoever spread this rumor is a terrible person. KBFloYd

There's no chance of them losing anything.

Rare is 100 times better now then any other time in it's lifecycle, no one is going to ditch that cash cow.

The way Nintendo has been losing money since 2008 they don't have that kind of money to buy it.

Microsoft wont sell, Nintendo can't afford to buy.

i hope ur being extremely sarcastic

1) rare isnt even a shell of its forming self, its the remnants of a shell of its former self.

2) nintendo still has enough money to buy damn near anything it wants, they lost money on the wiiu but they are still swimming in it.

3) everythings for sale.

i dont believe itll happen, but it "could" even if the people that made Rare great arent there anymore (which im forced to assume since they havent made a good game in almost a decade)

Old topic but people still need to be educated...

Rare is one of the best companies in gaming now, to say differently is ignoring the facts.

Nintendo let Rare go because they didn't need another company that made family friendly games for children and casuals, that's all Nintendo does.

Microsoft needed a company that could appeal to casuals and children and they found it in Rare. Under Nintendo Rare was barely doing anything, Nintendo didn't support them like they should have (some think because of fear). Under Microsoft they became giant having more power and influence then they've ever had before. They are the face of the casual and children for Microsoft, they did such a good job last generation that this generation they're actually out-Nintendoing Nintendo when it comes to those two demographics.

Any talk about Rare not being what it used to be is either ill informed or from jealousy, they're better and stronger than ever before.

Nintendo doesn't have money to waste, since 2008 they've been hemorrhaging money.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

@sonic_rareware8: Don't bump old threads.