Nintendo 3DS XL , with or without dead/stuck pixel ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaypakavelya
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

I have a question to ask to those who bought a 3DS XL recently

Did you got a 3DS XL with some dead or stuck pixels or without any ?

if yes did you exchanged it or you learned to live with it ?

I got mine for only 150$ from some dude on craiglist , brand new with the sticker on the box , first thing I notice , a black dead pixel on the top screen , located on the far left

it doesn't interfere when I actually play games , but just to know its there it's driving me crazy and yes I am OCD when it comes to video games ...

I am trying to ignore it , knowing that I can send it back to Nintendo but I am too afraid that the one they will send me back will be worst ..

so I am really curious to know about yours ?

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Why are you scared to send it to Nintendo? You address the problem, and they're supposed to fix it, not make it worse. And no, my 3DS XL doesn't have any dead pixels.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaypakavelya

Why are you scared to send it to Nintendo? You address the problem, and they're supposed to fix it, not make it worse. And no, my 3DS XL doesn't have any dead pixels.

thetravman
because I keep earing that they don't repair it ,that they simply send a new console without verifying it so there are chances that the one I get have even more pixels ....I just don't want to go though this painful process many times .. and I am not sure that they will accept it because the dead pixel is not in the center so it doesn't affect gameplay .. but it still bugs me ..
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

The 3DS I got had a dead pixel as well. (This is the original model, not the XL) Those things drive me crazy, so I returned it to the store I bought it from and got a new one, no problems.

If it's bothering you, definitly do something about it. Nintendo should definitly fix it or replace it for you, doesn't matter where the dead pixel is, it's an imperfection that hinders your experience. You paid good money for it, so you shouldn't have to accept problems like that. If the new system is worse, just send it back. Eventually, you'll get good one.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaypakavelya

The 3DS I got had a dead pixel as well. (This is the original model, not the XL) Those things drive me crazy, so I returned it to the store I bought it from and got a new one, no problems.

If it's bothering you, definitly do something about it. Nintendo should definitly fix it or replace it for you, doesn't matter where the dead pixel is, it's an imperfection that hinders your experience. You paid good money for it, so you shouldn't have to accept problems like that. If the new system is worse, just send it back. Eventually, you'll get good one.

lazyathew
pretty good advice thank you , I am just afraid that I will have to send it back multiple times .. being many weeks without it bothers me ...
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

jaypakavelya

pretty good advice thank you , I am just afraid that I will have to send it back multiple times .. being many weeks without it bothers me ...

That's understandable. I dunno if they bug you as much as it bugs me, but I actually can't enjoy a game at all with a dead pixel. If I know it's there, my eyes are always drawn to it. Even if it's only small, in my mind it seems a lot bigger. No matter how much I try not to think of it, and ignore it, I just can't. So I'd much rather go without it for a while and get it fixed then put up with it. 'Course, that's just me.

Besides, if ya just bought it, it's not like ya spent much time with it anyway right? How can ya miss something you had so little time with? lol. I'm sure you'll survive without it for a little while. :P

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaypakavelya

[QUOTE="jaypakavelya"][QUOTE="lazyathew"]

lazyathew

That's understandable. I dunno if they bug you as much as it bugs me, but I actually can't enjoy a game at all with a dead pixel. If I know it's there, my eyes are always drawn to it. Even if it's only small, in my mind it seems a lot bigger. No matter how much I try not to think of it, and ignore it, I just can't. So I'd much rather go without it for a while and get it fixed then put up with it. 'Course, that's just me.

Besides, if ya just bought it, it's not like ya spent much time with it anyway right? How can ya miss something you had so little time with? lol. I'm sure you'll survive without it for a little while. :P

yeah I will consider sending it ...
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

[QUOTE="jaypakavelya"] pretty good advice thank you , I am just afraid that I will have to send it back multiple times .. being many weeks without it bothers me ... jaypakavelya

yeah I will consider sending it ...

I think you have a year from when you bought it to send it in, more if you registered it on club nintendo, so decide soon. But i could be wrong, so look it up.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

jaypakavelya

because I keep earing that they don't repair it ,that they simply send a new console without verifying it so there are chances that the one I get have even more pixels ....I just don't want to go though this painful process many times .. and I am not sure that they will accept it because the dead pixel is not in the center so it doesn't affect gameplay .. but it still bugs me ..

Bogus. Nintendo's repair service has been great for me since the GC days (including a GC, 2 DSs,3DS, and Wii). When I get a system back, it looks brand new. Contact them if it's bothering you (I'm unsure if they fix pixels. Why not though?). It should be under warranty still, just tell them the number under the barcode.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaypakavelya

[QUOTE="jaypakavelya"][QUOTE="thetravman"]

thetravman

Bogus. Nintendo's repair service has been great for me since the GC days (including a GC, 2 DSs,3DS, and Wii). When I get a system back, it looks brand new. Contact them if it's bothering you (I'm unsure if they fix pixels. Why not though?). It should be under warranty still, just tell them the number under the barcode.

thanks
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

get a screen protector you won't notice the dead pixel anymore.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaypakavelya

foxfacer2d2
explain me how is this possible ?
aryanbrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 aryanbrar
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts

sorry if this is late, but if dude from craiglist gave you receipt then you can send it nintendo or even the store where it was bought.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaypakavelya

I dont have the receipt , and I can send it back to Nintendo if I want because I registered it

I don't want to send it because I think it will come back with more issues

I read stories on forums about people who sent their console and came back worst or with other issues

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I dont have the receipt , and I can send it back to Nintendo if I want because I registered it

I don't want to send it because I think it will come back with more issues

I read stories on forums about people who sent their console and came back worst or with other issues

jaypakavelya
Just keep doing it until you end up with a 3DS that is perfect. That is what i would do IMO.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Sometimes a dead pixel will fix itself. I remember when I first got a PSP, it had a few dead pixels and after a year or two, I noticed they went away.
jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaypakavelya
Sometimes a dead pixel will fix itself. I remember when I first got a PSP, it had a few dead pixels and after a year or two, I noticed they went away.JustPlainLucas
this is what I hope for I played lately and I started to ignore the pixel , I pray that it will disappear one day
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

[QUOTE="foxfacer2d2"]

jaypakavelya

explain me how is this possible ?

Don't know but I have done it and it works like a miracle like boom!!!!. Maybe you should try it but it may not work for everyone else.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts
No dead pixels here, bought an XL about 2 weeks ago.
jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaypakavelya
No dead pixels here, bought an XL about 2 weeks ago.zyphyr2k12
I am jealous ... :(
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#21 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

What I like to do when I have a situation in which several people have suggested to me the obvious and correct solution is to just do nothing and hope it will get better on its own. Definitely don't send it in to get it fixed because, hey, while there's a dead pixel now, you might get it back from Nintendo w/ a diseased cat attatched to the outside of the case or something. Maybe it will have an ancient curse and you will turn into a mummy. You never know w/ NOA support! I once sent them in a broken GBA to their branch in California and they sent me back a Virtual Boy which had been converted into a potentially dangerous nuclear device. I had to spend like two days talking to some dudes from the DoD about that one and am still not allowed to visit my parents in Ohio. So, yes, definitely live w/ the dead pixel. It oculd be so much worse.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts
Just picked up the XL today all pixels are great no dead one's.
jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jaypakavelya

What I like to do when I have a situation in which several people have suggested to me the obvious and correct solution is to just do nothing and hope it will get better on its own. Definitely don't send it in to get it fixed because, hey, while there's a dead pixel now, you might get it back from Nintendo w/ a diseased cat attatched to the outside of the case or something. Maybe it will have an ancient curse and you will turn into a mummy. You never know w/ NOA support! I once sent them in a broken GBA to their branch in California and they sent me back a Virtual Boy which had been converted into a potentially dangerous nuclear device. I had to spend like two days talking to some dudes from the DoD about that one and am still not allowed to visit my parents in Ohio. So, yes, definitely live w/ the dead pixel. It oculd be so much worse.

logicalfrank
very funny advice