nintendo 3ds warranty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

Is it worth it to get a gamestop warranty or will the nintendo warranty suffice?

Thanks!

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

Is it worth it to get a gamestop warranty or will the nintendo warranty suffice?

Thanks!

r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Nintendo systems are typically high quality, durable, long lasting. It's up to you though, you never know, you could get one that ends up being defective after the warranty wears of. It's sort of a roll of the dice.

wilford88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wilford88
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
Personally, I'd stick with the Nintendo Warranty. Like what DustinTheWind has said, Nintendo products have been really durable and long lasting.. of course, as long as you also take care of it. :D
gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gomakyle25
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

[QUOTE="r_a_i_d_e_r_s19"]

Thanks!

DustinTheWind

Nintendo systems are typically high quality, durable, long lasting. It's up to you though, you never know, you could get one that ends up being defective after the warranty wears of. It's sort of a roll of the dice.

Plus, register it on Club Nintendo for the extra 3 months or so extended warranty.
What is Nintendo's Warranty generally on their systems anyway? Is the 3DS' any different?

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
What is Gamestops warranty? I think they put it on my preorder and if it is, I want to know what Im getting
Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

idk i just know the gamestop has a 39.99 and 69.99 warranty. I think. dont quote me. haha

But I think I will stick with nintendo's warranty. Ill have 30 days to exchange at gamestop if anything is defective.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

Typically there's a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Sometimes it only covers labor for less than that and parts for a year, depends on the manufacturer. Not sure about Nintendo specifically but you can probably pull out an old warranty and find out.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Warranties are usually limitations on the law.
If you can find out how long your device should be working according to law, chances are that you will find that the time period extends even the most expensive warranty.
For example, in my country the 'warranty' by law is 3 years. So I don't have to buy any kind of extra warranty.

Warranties tend to be sold to get peoples money, and to discourage people from reporting issues when their extra warranty is expired, even when the law unknowingly gives them the right to get free repairs.