NiGHTS, what is your opinion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DiscordDut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DiscordDut
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts
I've heard bad and good. Sure I could watch some videos or I could get your guys opinions, so I believe in you guys! Do you guys think NiGHTS is a seller or a waste of time?
osbassgordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 osbassgordo
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.alchemist007

yes, i do agree, NiGHTS 2 is just a big cash in and probably hasn't there been spent a long developement time for it.

I predict it will be a bad game. And if I'm wrong I predict it will be a good game ;)

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
NiGHTS was a very good game(spent some time trying to find it, got one for cheap:) ), if NiGHTS 2 is anything like it it will be an easy buy for me.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
i don't really have an opinion on it because all i've seen in the trailers is the guy flying around in circles doing nothing... maybe someone could enlighten me?
LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts
I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out simply because I know it has a good cult following. Hopefully they put respectable time into the game and it can be counted in the *well made* category of Wii games that is lacking at the moment.
dekasuperlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dekasuperlink
Member since 2003 • 375 Posts
The original NIGHTS tempted me to buy a Saturn when I saw the commercials back in the day, but we will see.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

NiGHTS into Dreams was an awesome game on Sega Saturn. I had the chance to play it. The concept might be boring but it's the atmosphere of dreams of 2 kids and the music that made the game. Also, there's was Reala. Reala is the sibling of NiGHTS. I can't say they are brothers/sisters since both aren't male or female.

NiGHTS: Journeys of Dreams is looking to continue this way. That's why I'm looking it.

m_1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_1116
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
I'm wary of this game. While the originalNiGHTS wasgreat for its time I don't see it aging that well. The idea of flying around in a 3D world was pretty new back then and I don't think that it will have thesame sensation 10+ years later.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
it looks good graphically. gameplay look alright they need some more variety and the boss battle looked plain awkward
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts

i don't really have an opinion on it because all i've seen in the trailers is the guy flying around in circles doing nothing... maybe someone could enlighten me?ZumaJones07

You pretty much have the gist of it. The original NiGHTS was all about flying around in circles, doing nothing. ;)

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
The first NiGTHS was pushing all the hardware of it's console and was maticulously developed. I'm not seeing that with this NiGHTS.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5

it looks good graphically. gameplay look alright they need some more variety and the boss battle looked plain awkwardAsadMahdi59

The graphics look mediocre actually. Very plain, no textures, jaggies everywhere.....it's a mess.

neo111222333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 neo111222333
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

it might be good..when i was younger i loved nights on the saturn.....but.....for sum reason im just not hyped for it....i may rent b4 i buy

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

[QUOTE="AsadMahdi59"]it looks good graphically. gameplay look alright they need some more variety and the boss battle looked plain awkwardDuckman5

The graphics look mediocre actually. Very plain, no textures, jaggies everywhere.....it's a mess.

idk im like the onlyone who thinks the game has good graphics.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="AsadMahdi59"]it looks good graphically. gameplay look alright they need some more variety and the boss battle looked plain awkwardAsadMahdi59

idk im like the onlyone who thinks the game has good graphics.

You got Assassins Creed in your sig but you think NiGHTS has good graphics? Open your eyes man.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I'm getting it for two reasons. Firstly, those who played the original have spoken highly of it. Secondly, although a sequel, NiGHTS is one of the most original Wii titles, and I like to support originality.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts

i heard the first one is really goodi'm try

megaman20999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 megaman20999
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
hopefullyit will be as good as the first.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
It is not for everyone. If you are questioning yourself don't get it.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

[QUOTE="alchemist007"]Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.osbassgordo

yes, i do agree, NiGHTS 2 is just a big cash in and probably hasn't there been spent a long developement time for it.

I predict it will be a bad game. And if I'm wrong I predict it will be a good game ;)

Big cash in on what? Nights into Dreams for the Saturn was a cult classic. If Nintendo was going to try and cash in on the Nights title, it would have been for the N64 or the Gamecube. If Nintendo were to try and quickly cash in on the Nights title, they would have made a sequal years ago when more people would remember what Nights was. That's my opinion anyways.

7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

I'm getting it for two reasons. Firstly, those who played the original have spoken highly of it. Secondly, although a sequel, NiGHTS is one of the most original Wii titles, and I like to support originality.Raiko101

Hey, I'm all for supporting originality, but if it's not a good game why support it? I'll check the reviews first, I'm almost sure I won't buy it (too many games this year) but I'll probably rent it if it gets good reviews.

theokguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theokguy
Member since 2005 • 287 Posts
What i think about nights is one of the best games on saturn, and i will say this its not for everyone. But what i want to say is i dont care what u new age gamers think. Because iam not letting u guys and reviewrs distroy and bash this game with your comments. It may not tickle some of your fancys but to us that have played it will love it. Oh and ya matt from ign i like the guy and all so his comments dont mean anything to me when talk about this game. Because i still going to by it and also he never played the first one so he thinks he can bash it. But anyways its a good game and i hope some people will buy/rent it and give it a try.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts
I wish they wouldn't even bother with Nights I'm going to totally ignore it. Galaxy is what platformer I'm really waiting for.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Based on my experience with the original game, I'm not excited for this game much at all.
I never liked the gameplay, or the over all look of it.

It's just not for me. I'm not even tracking it.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]I'm getting it for two reasons. Firstly, those who played the original have spoken highly of it. Secondly, although a sequel, NiGHTS is one of the most original Wii titles, and I like to support originality.7arek

Hey, I'm all for supporting originality, but if it's not a good game why support it? I'll check the reviews first, I'm almost sure I won't buy it (too many games this year) but I'll probably rent it if it gets good reviews.

You have a point, and so my decision may well change by the time the game is reviewed. But at this point in time, it's on my shopping list.
musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts
i will rent it off gamefly
walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
its made by the new sega... and some people are expecting quality???? why!?! i honestly dont think that they are capable of making a good game..
vmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vmana
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
from what ive seen so far it looks like a peter pan video game :|
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

I'm kind of surprised at the hate that the game is getting, the graphics don't seem to be completely mind blowing but all we've really seen is screenshots, which always look horrible. Another argument is that its the "new" Sega. People forget that Sonic was concieved to work as a 2D title, and made a pitiful jump to 3D (3D Sonic sucked at Adventure 1, but thats my opinion). Sonic wasn't meant to work in 3D. Billy Hatcher is the only other 3D Sonic Team game I know of, which was actually a decent game. NIGHTS was concieved as a 3D title and was widely regarded as a game. I can understand if the gameplay is simplistic, but if that wasn't an issue then, I fail to see how its an issue now.

I'm not on the "ZOMG MUST BUY!" side of this game, but I'm moderately interested in it and just wish it wouldn't get so much hate for, more or less, shallow reasons.

JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.alchemist007
True. I Agree.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

It is not for everyone. If you are questioning yourself don't get it.l8bitz
Considering most of here dont really know what the hell is going on in the game. I have yet to figure out what you actually DO in the game.

So there are probably tons of us confused and questioning ourselves. It doesn't look too exciting.

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts
[QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

[QUOTE="alchemist007"]Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.chefstubbies

Big cash in on what? Nights into Dreams for the Saturn was a cult classic. If Nintendo was going to try and cash in on the Nights title, it would have been for the N64 or the Gamecube. If Nintendo were to try and quickly cash in on the Nights title, they would have made a sequal years ago when more people would remember what Nights was. That's my opinion anyways.

Sega is NiGHTS developer not Nintendo. Nintendo has nothing to do with the equation what so ever. If sega wanted to they could have had this on the 360 or the PS3.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chefstubbies
[QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

[QUOTE="alchemist007"]Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.ryustruck

Sega is NiGHTS developer not Nintendo. Nintendo has nothing to do with the equation what so ever. If sega wanted to they could have had this on the 360 or the PS3.

Obviously. But Sinse Nights 2 is coming on a nintendo platform, Nintendo is making money off it too yes? But what I questioned was your comment about it being a big cash in. If it were a quick cash in for anyone, they wouldn't have waited 11 years right?

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
All kidding aside, the first one was a really unique game, and I appreciate it for that. I'm afraid that this one won't be of nearly the same caliber as the original. I hope I'm wrong, though.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ryustruck
[QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

[QUOTE="alchemist007"]Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.chefstubbies

Obviously. But Sinse Nights 2 is coming on a nintendo platform, Nintendo is making money off it too yes? But what I questioned was your comment about it being a big cash in. If it were a quick cash in for anyone, they wouldn't have waited 11 years right?

Sega has run out of franchises to **** up. They didnt Wait for anything.

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts
This game is going to be atleast AA. I never played the first game ,but I feel I need to play this to see what I missed out on. And those of you who think the graphics suck most likely haven't seen the newest screens. The earlier screens did plain suck and look like a GC game
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chefstubbies
[QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

[QUOTE="alchemist007"]Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.ryustruck

Nights into Dreams was released on the Sega Saturn in 1996. It's now 2007. You're saying they didn't wait for anything, yet there's an 11 year gap between the two titles.

All arguing aside, I am looking forward to this game, as I think it has a lot of potential. I will be disappointed if it turns out to suck, but not too surprised though.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

I'm kind of surprised at the hate that the game is getting, the graphics don't seem to be completely mind blowing but all we've really seen is screenshots, which always look horrible. Another argument is that its the "new" Sega. People forget that Sonic was concieved to work as a 2D title, and made a pitiful jump to 3D (3D Sonic sucked at Adventure 1, but thats my opinion). Sonic wasn't meant to work in 3D. Billy Hatcher is the only other 3D Sonic Team game I know of, which was actually a decent game. NIGHTS was concieved as a 3D title and was widely regarded as a game. I can understand if the gameplay is simplistic, but if that wasn't an issue then, I fail to see how its an issue now.

I'm not on the "ZOMG MUST BUY!" side of this game, but I'm moderately interested in it and just wish it wouldn't get so much hate for, more or less, shallow reasons.

jmangafan

There's a video available

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ryustruck
[QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

Nights into Dreams was released on the Sega Saturn in 1996. It's now 2007. You're saying they didn't wait for anything, yet there's an 11 year gap between the two titles.

All arguing aside, I am looking forward to this game, as I think it has a lot of potential. I will be disappointed if it turns out to suck, but not too surprised though.

Sega spent that 11 years bastardizing the Sonic franchises. Now that they have nothing else to Bastardize they are going after Nights

osbassgordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 osbassgordo
[QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

lol, nintendo isnt making the game

Banana03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Banana03
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
It looks like it's going to be pretty bad.
osbassgordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 osbassgordo
[QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

Sega spent that 11 years bastardizing the Sonic franchises. Now that they have nothing else to Bastardize they are going after Nights

lolz i agree w/ you totally ryustruck. LOLZ

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chefstubbies
[QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

[QUOTE="alchemist007"]Galaxy will Destroy the Little Glory it will Have.osbassgordo

lol, nintendo isnt making the game

Damn...there are so many morons on this board. Nintendo Wii is the console Nights 2 will be on. Which means Nintendo will make money, just like Sega who's developing the game itself.

I love how people like to read only bits and pieces of posts and spout off some dumba** comment.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

Damn...there are so many morons on this board. Nintendo Wii is the console Nights 2 will be on. Which means Nintendo will make money, just like Sega who's developing the game itself.

I love how people like to read only bits and pieces of posts and spout off some dumba** comment.

chefstubbies

Will you just calm down?

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chefstubbies
[QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

So ryustruck seems to think that 11 years is rushing a quick cash in game and osbassgordo is in complete agreement?

And you guys also agree that Sega is going to bastardize the Nights franchise, even though there was only ever one nights game on the Saturn? How can a franchise have only one game?

Wow, we have a couple of geniuses on this board here. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I haven't seen enough about NiGHTS to really form an opinion about it.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
We really don't know how the game will control. All we got are visuals. The cutscenes look nice...however the in-game graphics don't look that well. Hopefully it'll get better in that department. However, the main issue is gameplay...and we know almost nothing as of to how Wii Remote will beused.
lily91106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lily91106
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

let sega hold on to what they have

sonic secret rings was really cool for the most part so maybe itll be neato too

Banana03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Banana03
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
[QUOTE="osbassgordo"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ryustruck"][QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="osbassgordo"]

So ryustruck seems to think that 11 years is rushing a quick cash in game and osbassgordo is in complete agreement?

And you guys also agree that Sega is going to bastardize the Nights franchise, even though there was only ever one nights game on the Saturn? How can a franchise have only one game?

Wow, we have a couple of geniuses on this board here. LOL

Dude you were called out for making an idiotic statement showing you don't know much, and now your looking like an even bigger idiot trying to defend yourself.