Next Nintendo console is already in develepoment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194327

I hope it will take atleast 5-6 years to come out.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#2 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
It's no surprise I think companies start working on their next systems as soon as the current gen ones come out. But it is nice to know about it anyway. I think a 2011 release would be great! 5-6 years is way too much.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
They are always working on new systems.
harryone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 harryone1
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
i hope its not like the wii i liked nintendo when they were normal
Huell_Howser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Huell_Howser
Member since 2008 • 364 Posts

umm...yeah. this is almost as obvious as the fact that the next mario and zelda are in development.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

umm...yeah. this is almost as obvious as the fact that the next mario and zelda are in development.

Huell_Howser

I second that

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
It looks like Nintendo is playing the same card they did with the GC.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
They are always working on new systems.Rocky32189
thats what i wanted to say
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts

hopefully the Wiimote+nunchuk will return but with M+ in each of them, 1 or 2 extra buttons, and maybe a second pointer in the nunchuk.

the hardware should surpass the PS3 and 360 (including internal memory)

and the online needs improvement

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

hopefully the Wiimote+nunchuk will return but with M+ in each of them, 1 or 2 extra buttons, and maybe a second pointer in the nunchuk.

starmetroid
Short yet sufficient. Yeah at least where the PS3 is. I'm sick on Nintendo's systems not have the capabilities of it's competitors just so that Nintendo can make that extra buck.
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

starmetroid

Agree on all points except the 2 pointers. My left hand is fail.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
lol if they're gonna go even more casual... I say forget it! I'll buy sony or microsoft's console. Oh and i also heard that they might use holographic memory.
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

starmetroid
Agreed, but i can imagine them returning to a Gamecube style (not the same, just the design of a conventional contoller) with built in motion sensors and an IR pointer where the wire usually would be. Hey its just a thought i came up with :P
neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
better start saving up to get it on launch date just in case its like the wii hard to find.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I'm sick on Nintendo's systems not have the capabilities of it's competitors just so that Nintendo can make that extra buck.firefox59

Uh? They did it ONCE. How can you be sick of something they've done ONCE? Plus, the reason they did it was precisely because releasing überpowerful consoles like the Gamecube simply was not working.

AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
This isn't surprising:|
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

I hope the next nintendo console has:

• xbox 360 - like controller but with enough motion sensing capabilities, posibly even keep the pointing capabilities
  • Wii Disc backward compatibility,
  • gamecube games on the VC,

please post what you would like from the next nintendo home console as well :)
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

• xbox 360 - like controller but with enough motion sensing capabilities to steer a go kart in mario kart games, and to make mario spin in mario gamesJdog30

That would be utterly idiotic. Both Sony and Microsoft will release a nunchuk + PS4/720mote controller type of device for their next consoles (and that's assuming they don't do something really stupid and release it for their current gen consoles). Going back to a traditional gamepad would mean Nintendo is going backwards. If anything, a few more buttons should be more than enough for every genre. Then again, they only genre that's really hard to map on the curent Wiimote + nunchuk configuration are fighters. For every other genre, it works either just as good or significatively better.

Ironskull13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Ironskull13
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
What i have noticed about nintendo is that their next system is almost exactly like the last exept with better graphics and weirded controlers i'll explain. NES with the SNES, N64 with the GC so the next Nintendo system is bound to be like the wii i just hope to god that nintendo will give its next system a hardrive.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts

Lets see.....every 5 - 6 years Nintendo comes out with a new console. So..it'll come out in 3 - 4 years.

I hope its not like Wii. They sould make it normal like 360, yet the system is completely revolutionary. As in the things you can do on the system.

Like..Gamesube 2 or something. XD

The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts
i think the next big thing will be virtual reality yikes!
Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts

i think the next big thing will be virtual reality yikes!The_Nintendawg

Oh yeah! Growing a mustache, gaining a couple of pounds, and wearing a red shirt and cap with blue over-alls while jumping on killer mushrooms and turtles will rock!

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

Its broken down in two ways:

Producer's (Nintendo's) hope: be out in the next few years so that the maximum capital can be made

Customer's (Us) hope: focus more on the current system

Avatar image for DavidEisenhauer
DavidEisenhauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DavidEisenhauer
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts
Or they can just be like SEGA and flood the market with way too much and hang themselves. I'm really suprised this has yet to happen with all the Nintendo stuff out there. Lets cross our fingers we can still play them VC, GC and Wii games on it. GC Backwards compatibility and The VC is the only reason I even bought a Wii. No BC no buy! :D
SolemnJedi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolemnJedi79
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

If they try and make it as powerful as the PS3/360, then they will again fail, by that time it needs to be as powerful as the PS4/XBOX3 ;)

I think they'll push the wiimote forward, with a more comfortable to hold version contoured to the hand, more buttons, and hopefully rechargeable of the bat. I'd imaging internal storage is a must, and hugely beefed up specs.

Tomic2505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tomic2505
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
[QUOTE="starmetroid"]

k_smoove

Agree on all points except the 2 pointers. My left hand is fail.

yeah same here.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
2011 or 2012 is when I think the new Nintendo console will release -- LATE 2011/2012.
Avatar image for DavidEisenhauer
DavidEisenhauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DavidEisenhauer
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts
Perhaps Game Cube games will just be downloadable? I'll buy EVERY Nintendo console till the day I die if they keep the Virtual Console! And of couse keep puting great old games out for it.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
its not as big news that its being made out to be
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
Take your time Nintendo. I wanna keep hugging my Wii for about 5-6 more years.
fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts

If they try and make it as powerful as the PS3/360, then they will again fail, by that time it needs to be as powerful as the PS4/XBOX3 ;)

I think they'll push the wiimote forward, with a more comfortable to hold version contoured to the hand, more buttons, and hopefully rechargeable of the bat. I'd imaging internal storage is a must, and hugely beefed up specs.

SolemnJedi79

Hmm, why do people keep saying more buttons?Nintendo created the wiimote because they thought standard controllers were to complex with many buttons..Why would they put more buttons on something that's meant to get rid of buttons..

I do agree nintendo will push the wiimote forward, but i think in a way we wont expect..In terms of graphics i feel the New Wii may be a little less powerful or just as powerful as the current PS3..Call me crazy but thats kinda the vibe i'm getting :P

mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
[QUOTE="SolemnJedi79"]

fitzokoli

Hmm, why do people keep saying more buttons?Nintendo created the wiimote because they thought standard controllers were to complex with many buttons..Why would they put more buttons on something that's meant to get rid of buttons..

I do agree nintendo will push the wiimote forward, but i think in a way we wont expect..In terms of graphics i feel the New Wii may be a little less powerful or just as powerful as the current PS3..Call me crazy but thats kinda the vibe i'm getting :P

In my opinion, the less buttons, the better.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
[QUOTE="Huell_Howser"]

bowserjr123

I second that

I see your second

and raise you a third.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
[QUOTE="SolemnJedi79"]

fitzokoli

And they were right. I personally know people who left gaming after the NES or SNES days because they were getting overwhelmed with the controls.

Besides, I believe there are potentially better ways to improve the control method. (As I pointed out in a blog post like a month ago.)

juiceboxhero_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboxhero_x
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

In my opinion, the less buttons, the better.mkDSpro63

Agreed. I've never seen the need for more buttons. I personally like how many buttons the Wiimote has now. Why add more buttons when it has a good and sufficient amount?

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"]I'm sick on Nintendo's systems not have the capabilities of it's competitors just so that Nintendo can make that extra buck.LordQuorthon

Uh? They did it ONCE. How can you be sick of something they've done ONCE? Plus, the reason they did it was precisely because releasing überpowerful consoles like the Gamecube simply was not working.

Lol wut? The G-cube was not on par with the Xbox and PS2.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]I'm sick on Nintendo's systems not have the capabilities of it's competitors just so that Nintendo can make that extra buck.firefox59

Lol wut? The G-cube was not on par with the Xbox and PS2.

Not on par with the Xbox, but on the other hand it actually was more powerful than the PS2 in the graphics department. The best example of this is Resident Evil 4.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
[QUOTE="starmetroid"]

firefox59
Short yet sufficient. Yeah at least where the PS3 is. I'm sick on Nintendo's systems not have the capabilities of it's competitors just so that Nintendo can make that extra buck.

what are u talking about? nintendo has always had the more superior graphics every gen except this gen
DarkAlucard666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkAlucard666
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts

Aww... Man! Just when I got my Wii! I hope its 5-6 years :)

I'm sometimes late on getting new consoles and end up outed because I got it so late.

punisher2515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 punisher2515
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

2012 seems like a good timeframe for new consoles. anything sooner would be too early. it seems that basically everyone one in the videogame world is making a profit right now, there is no need for anything new right now. companies should concentrate more on making quality games right now and making new systems second.

of course right after making a new system the big 3 should concentrate on creating an even better system. but right now with the price of gas, food, games, etc... paying $50 a game is plenty right now. with the new systems we could easily be paying $70 or $80 a game. im quite happy with my wii right now. i am in no rush to worry about buying a new system.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

i hope its not like the wii i liked nintendo when they were normalharryone1

And what's abnormal about Nintendo, may you explain?