NEW Wii WARS game and NEW info on BWii!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YergGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YergGerm
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Taken from a German forum which came from a German games mag i think....

----

It's been a while since we last heard any recent news on the sequel to one of the most underrated Gamecube games of 2005, Battalion Wars, well we can exclusively reveal new details!

New features this time around included player owned factories, ports, barracks and hangers and an in-depth multiplayer mode!

Our spies at Kuju's HQ also tell us that another game based around the WARS series is also in development for the Wii called Knight Wars. Based in middle-aged England, players control tens of thousands of troops including units such as horses, magicians and Knights! 'Its like Battalion Wars but with some great sword-swinging Wii action and riding around doing tasks for King Arthur!' we were told!'

Sounds great to us!

New BWii Features!

Facilities

Facilities

are buildings that the player will encounter in both the SP and MP game, and so need to be described first before a full understanding can be gained of the single and multiplayer game types.

They are large buildings that can be captured and most will re-spawn units for whichever player is in control of them. Facility buildings can sometimes start as neutral buildings, available for capture and in this state they will not re-spawn units.

Fog of War!

Unlike the map in Battalion Wars, the map in BW2 will not reveal every unit on the map. It will only reveal units that are within a radius (FOW Range) of an individual Player's units or buildings.

Areas that that Player cannot see will be marked out by fogging on the map screen.

The fogging should be a slight darkening of the map (so that the terrain remains revealed).

Multiplayer!

Battle Mode

Each Player will start with an HQ Facility and a set battalion of troops.

There will be a capture point associated with the HQ. If this capture point is lost then the Player loses the game.

Other capture points on the level will have different Facilities attached to them such as Barracks, Airfields, or Factories.

These different Facilities provide the Player with specific reinforcements throughout the game.

If the Player ever gets to zero units, he will lose the game, even if he has units about to re-spawn.

Attack VS Defend Mode

The attack VS defend mode game is a more linear objective based type of game. Generally speaking one player is attacking and one is defending and the levels are characterized by a time limit. Objectives will differ slightly in different assault missions, but there will be certain homogeneity about the rule set.

The assault mode is generally easier for the player to understand and will form the majority of the multiplayer levels provided.

bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts
I just want a new Advance Wars game. I really didn't care for Batallion Wars at all.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Might be interesting.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I miss the first BW, so I'm just waiting for this one!!
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Sounds good. I'm thinking about getting this one now.

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
pre-order time!
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Ehh...I need much more info
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
Sounds pretty interesting, hopefully it's true.
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
I just want a new Advance Wars game. I really didn't care for Batallion Wars at all.bryehngeocef
Batallion Wars is part of the Advance Wars series..so are the Famicom and Gameboy Wars games..
Firefly1jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Firefly1jedi
Member since 2006 • 1364 Posts
I just want a new Advance Wars game. I really didn't care for Batallion Wars at all.bryehngeocef
Yeah, I got batallion wars the other day and it just doesn't keep me goin.. I mean I get done with like one level and then that's all I really feel like doin and then I shut it off... If I even play one level that is, usually I don't play at all...
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
I didn't like BW too much, but BW2 sounds great.
Link_188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Link_188
Member since 2006 • 5770 Posts
sounds great! Just need to know the release date.
Avatar image for frustatedgibbon
frustatedgibbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frustatedgibbon
Member since 2005 • 1915 Posts
definately getting BWii. one of the few games that are exciting me for the wii so far! b xx
bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts
[QUOTE="bryehngeocef"]I just want a new Advance Wars game. I really didn't care for Batallion Wars at all.chicken008
Batallion Wars is part of the Advance Wars series..so are the Famicom and Gameboy Wars games..

In case you never noticed though, Batallion Wars is a comletely different type of game than Advance Wars. I actually own Super Famicom Wars, so I know all about the series, and simply don't like the Batallion series.
jakefolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jakefolk
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts
bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get it
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts
YAY!! finally! more info! thnx!
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itjakefolk

As far as I remember it has been confirmed to be online.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendofreak_2

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itWintry_Flutist

thats what I thought too. I'll go look for a link or something.
EDIT: this is the best I could find. gamespy is farly credible to me so http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/battalion-wars-ii/
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itnintendofreak_2

EDIT: this is the best I could find. gamespy is farly credible to me so http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/battalion-wars-ii/

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

[QUOTE="bryehngeocef"]I just want a new Advance Wars game. I really didn't care for Batallion Wars at all.chicken008

No, Battalion wars and Advance Wars are both part of the "wars" series.

dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts
As someone who got all 300 medals in AWDS, I feel I have the right demand another one. Come on Intelligent Systems, you know you want to.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendofreak_2
[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itnintendogamer6

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

All I saw was that they "hoped" for online. I didn't see a confirmation. Well whatever. At least we know it has online.
Stucazzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stucazzo
Member since 2002 • 567 Posts
I heard it was going to be online, then it appeared that they were mum on the whole online multiplayer.  BTW, Nintendo is going to have the worst online gaming.   I've heard nothing about online from them, other than the channels.

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itnintendogamer6

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ShakeNBake1491
I heard it was going to be online, then it appeared that they were mum on the whole online multiplayer.  BTW, Nintendo is going to have the worst online gaming.   I've heard nothing about online from them, other than the channels.

[QUOTE="nintendogamer6"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itStucazzo

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

I wouldn't go on and automatically say Nintendo will have the worst online.. you say because we haven't heard anything about it.. i can turn around and say it could be successful because we haven't heard much about it. and two more things, i will go on to say that the 360 will have the best online and that Battalion Wars II has been confirmed to have online multiplayer with Co-op, Assault mode, Skirmish, and Capture the flag
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintendofreak_2
[QUOTE="Stucazzo"]I heard it was going to be online, then it appeared that they were mum on the whole online multiplayer. BTW, Nintendo is going to have the worst online gaming. I've heard nothing about online from them, other than the channels.

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itShakeNBake1491

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

I wouldn't go on and automatically say Nintendo will have the worst online.. you say because we haven't heard anything about it.. i can turn around and say it could be successful because we haven't heard much about it. and two more things, i will go on to say that the 360 will have the best online and that Battalion Wars II has been confirmed to have online multiplayer with Co-op, Assault mode, Skirmish, and Capture the flag

If Wii online is anything like the DS I'm happy. I think the DS's online is great other than FC's for each game.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

[QUOTE="jakefolk"]bw2 better be for the internet because thats the main reason i want to get itnintendofreak_2

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

All I saw was that they "hoped" for online. I didn't see a confirmation. Well whatever. At least we know it has online.

Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action game. Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war. The game features a series of online multiplayer modes, including Assault (instant combat), Skirmish (tactical depth), and Co-Op (Work with friends.)

looks like a confirmation to me

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShakeNBake1491
If Wii online is anything like the DS I'm happy. I think the DS's online is great other than FC's for each game.
nintendofreak_2
Well the Wii's online is a perfect fit for u then with it not having FCs for every game, it's great for me too cuz i'm not that much into online gaming so it'll be a nice change for when i have no one to play with around the house
Lanfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lanfeix
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

Matt on ign keeps making remarks in the podcasts and in the letter page about BWII's online play, espailly co-op. I except it to be out summer time bundled with a head set.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendofreak_2
[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="nintendogamer6"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

yea just lok on IGN

and search BWII

Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action game. Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war. The game features a series of online multiplayer modes, including Assault (instant combat), Skirmish (tactical depth), and Co-Op (Work with friends.)

looks like a confirmation to me

I meant on IGN is where I saw no conformation.
silent_seaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 silent_seaxx
Member since 2006 • 1322 Posts
Batallion Wars 2 seems fun. I still like Advance out of all of them though. Knight Wars seemes okay.. I'll keep an eye on it