New Wii Owner, here.. have some questions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drkr_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Drkr_Zen
Member since 2004 • 7330 Posts

I finally got online at just the right time and snagged a Wii off Circuit City.. and I got the accessories I was really after / wanting, like a few Wii Point Cards and a Classic Controller, but I still have a few questions about others prior to purchasing them.

Firstly, the San Disk memory card.. is it worth it to have? I saw the 2GB one at Circuit City, and a few other places, for around 40 to 50 bucks.. but I have a chance to get a brand new one for $15 shipped. So, I was wondering if it's a necessity. I know you don't need one specifically for game saves, but overall.. is it a good thing to have for it, and VC games?

The other item is the Component Cables. To be honest, I have some for my PS2, but didn't notice a difference from the standard A/V Cables it came with. I mainly got them so my Cube could go in the A/V outputs and I wouldn't have to go behind the TV every time I play a system. So, are the Comp. Cables worth it for the Wii?

Annnd that's about all I have questions on.. thanks for any info., as well as your help.

roflcopter616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 roflcopter616
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts
Sadly a hard drive for the Wii isn't on the Horizon and in the long run you'll proabaly start filling up that 512 MB hard drive if you are serious about VC games. But you can get 2 gig SD cards for less than that if you just look.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts

after a lot of new channels come out and if your a big fan of the VC than a 2GB memory card is a necessity

component cables make everything brighter i heard, i dont have them though because im more of just a gameplay guy

Drkr_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Drkr_Zen
Member since 2004 • 7330 Posts

Yeah, same here.. and I didn't notice a damn bit of difference from using Coaxial, to A/V Cables to even Component Cables for my PS2, lol. I don't know.. maybe it was just me.

Anyway, there's a few VC games I want.. but yeah, you make a solid point. In the long run, I'll just continue to get more games.

Thanks for the help guys. Definitely more helpful than GameFAQs, lol.. where I got, and I quote:

"i havee a sd card and i use it with my wii,"

I swear. Ver. Freakin'. Batum.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. Definitely more helpful than GameFAQs, lol.. where I got, and I quote:

"i havee a sd card and i use it with my wii,"

I swear. Ver. Freakin'. Batum.

Drkr_Zen

:lol: anytime