New Super Mario Bros. 2??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Hey. I really liked the fact that they made a Mario game with it's old roots. But one thing I wonder though. Is there any word or any possibility of a Super Mario Bros. 2? I would like to see more installments in this franchise instead of playing ports from SNES all the time.
classicgameR4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 classicgameR4
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
that would be cool id lov to see a new mario on the ds
tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
I doubt if it's gonna be on this generation DS. You know how Nintendo is with real Mario Games. Super Mario World was on the SNES, Then Mario 64 on N64, then Mario Sunshine on GC, Mario and Luigi on GBA and Mario and luigi2on DS.
white143papi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 white143papi
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts
maybe they can do a remake of super mario world since they don't have any problems remaking games to the DS
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
i would rather have a new super luigi bros
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
maybe they can do a remake of super mario world since they don't have any problems remaking games to the DSwhite143papi
A super mario world ds would be great.
Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

I doubt if it's gonna be on this generation DS. You know how Nintendo is with real Mario Games. Super Mario World was on the SNES, Then Mario 64 on N64, then Mario Sunshine on GC, Mario and Luigi on GBA and Mario and luigi2on DS. tman978

Uh, Except that Nes had Mario Bros., plus Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3.

SNES had Mario World 1 and 2, and a remake of every NES Mario.

And Gameboy had 3 Mario Land games and a remake of the NES Super Mario Bros.

...not to mention all the GBA remakes or the fact that the Mario and Luigi RPGs arn't exactly "real mario games".

Let's face it. Nintendo likes to make money and people buy Mario. I wouldn't dismiss another 'New Mario' game so fast, the first one seems to have sold pretty well. But I do think an older remake is most likely.

A 'New Mario' style remake of SNES Super Mario World would be (and sell) the best, IMO.

Ray_Out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ray_Out
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
It would be great if they made one, DS needs more 2d side scrollers.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

i would rather have a new super luigi broswizzardjeff

yeah, like the old Wario Land games, only with Luigi and graphics like those in NSMB. That would be sweet.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts
A New Super Mario Bros. 2 would make me freakishly happy. I have no idea about the possibility of a sequel, though.
lilworzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lilworzel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
a super mario world remake would definiantly sell and establish as one of the worlds greatest games i can imagine but if they did a remake i can also see extra levels being added via gba version of super mario world, unfortunatly i was never able to obtain that game but i would also like to see a remake of pokemon gold and silver too ^_^
XlpranksterlX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 XlpranksterlX
Member since 2005 • 7438 Posts
God, enough with the remakes and sequels please. I liked NSMB, but they would have to do a whole lot more than Nintendo usually does to make me buy a second one.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
if that happened then new mario bros would become the DS version of super mario advance games...
-JRL-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -JRL-
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
There probably is. I mean the original sold very well, so Nintendo will keep the cash train rolling and make a sequel some time.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#15 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I hope so NSMB was a very good game and sold over 10 million worldwide which is very good
Avatar image for brownpriderider
brownpriderider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brownpriderider
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts
If they make a new super mario bros sequel they need to turn the difficulty level way up and with longer levels, i beat it in bout 3 or 4 hours and sent it straight back to gamefly, i was so relieved i didn't buy it cause it wasn't worth a purchase, too easy plus no replay value equals waste of money
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

no i dont want another one. i want a brand new 3d mario game for the ds butmore like the old ones, i really rather have a true mario game rather than a "collect all the stars" type of game.

tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

[QUOTE="tman978"]I doubt if it's gonna be on this generation DS. You know how Nintendo is with real Mario Games. Super Mario World was on the SNES, Then Mario 64 on N64, then Mario Sunshine on GC, Mario and Luigi on GBA and Mario and luigi2on DS. Hells_Hammer

Uh, Except that Nes had Mario Bros., plus Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3.

SNES had Mario World 1 and 2, and a remake of every NES Mario.

And Gameboy had 3 Mario Land games and a remake of the NES Super Mario Bros.

...not to mention all the GBA remakes or the fact that the Mario and Luigi RPGs arn't exactly "real mario games".

Let's face it. Nintendo likes to make money and people buy Mario. I wouldn't dismiss another 'New Mario' game so fast, the first one seems to have sold pretty well. But I do think an older remake is most likely.

A 'New Mario' style remake of SNES Super Mario World would be (and sell) the best, IMO.

After Super mario Bros 3, Every real mario game sequel was on the next console. Yoshi's Island may have been called Super Mario World 2 but let's get real. The 3 GB Mario Lands were all on the same console because GBwas the only nintendo handheld for almost 10yrs and part 3 wasn't even a Mario game. It was Wario Land. Super mario Allstars is not a sequel in the slightest. I dont know if you remember but Mr Miamoto said back after Super Mario 64 came out that Mario games would be less frequent andno games would come out at all unless they are significantly innovative. That's why Luigi and Mario were stuck with backpack gimmicks in there GC games....so they could be innovative...yay. Also why Mario is flying around planet to planet
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
Hopefully it will be harder than NSMB, or at least longer.
oren_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 oren_kar
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
ya its really sad they should make more REAL mario games and not just a lot fo sports and mairo partys
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

ya its really sad they should make more REAL mario games and not just a lot fo sports and mairo partysoren_kar

I agree. And no collect stars or "clean up" crap either. lol

It would be nice if the next one could be as big as say, Mario 3? Not copying Mario 3 exactly, but the levels and worlds and power ups were great.

BattleMonkey87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 BattleMonkey87
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
If they do make a NSMB2 then they better bring back some of the stuff from Super Mario Bros. 3, like that useless but loveable Frog suit. Or at least bring back the cape. Even the miniatures in DK vs Mario: March of the Minis had capes on. I'd rather they didn't do a remake, but rather took some of the older stuff and made it new.
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

Hey. I really liked the fact that they made a Mario game with it's old roots. But one thing I wonder though. Is there any word or any possibility of a Super Mario Bros. 2? I would like to see more installments in this franchise instead of playing ports from SNES all the time.
Denji

Same here. I would LOVE a NSMB2.

jduck1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 jduck1979
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I guess it's a case of "wait & see", but I guess dropping a few "subtle hints" on major gaming messageboards such as this 'un can't hurt.

Perhaps doing something like a "Super Mario All Stars DS".... like the SNES "Super Mario AllStars" game, but graphics updated to "NEW SUPER MARIO BROS" standards... and perhaps trying to squeeze the first "Super Mario Land" & "Super Marioland 2" Gameboy games among the mini games on it (have you tried playing them 2 retro games on a GBA made before the backlit screen? It's next to impossible without football stadium spec lighting + a degree in advanced contortionism... which is a bit of a bugger, as the first one's still a good game to play occasionally).

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#25 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Hopefully they will make it
MarkedByAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26 MarkedByAshes
Member since 2007 • 542 Posts

I guess it's a case of "wait & see", but I guess dropping a few "subtle hints" on major gaming messageboards such as this 'un can't hurt.

Perhaps doing something like a "Super Mario All Stars DS".... like the SNES "Super Mario AllStars" game, but graphics updated to "NEW SUPER MARIO BROS" standards... and perhaps trying to squeeze the first "Super Mario Land" & "Super Marioland 2" Gameboy games among the mini games on it (have you tried playing them 2 retro games on a GBA made before the backlit screen? It's next to impossible without football stadium spec lighting + a degree in advanced contortionism... which is a bit of a bugger, as the first one's still a good game to play occasionally).

jduck1979

I was actually thinking along the same lines...SMB All-Stars with NSMB graphics. And this time they need to put together some new mini-games instead of using the same ones from Mario 64 DS (did anyone else notice that?)

raffage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raffage
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
They need to:

1) Get rid of the "New" in "New Super Mario Bros." and call it "Super Mario Bros. 4"(maybe too late for that now).

2) Come up with some cool power-ups like in SMB3.

3) Come up with some cool levels and gameplay like in Super Mario World.

4) Put in some decent non-kiddie music.

5) Bring back player select from SMB2 (mario, luigi, toad, and princess).

6) Be creative like SMB3. Don't rip off the castle exit from SMB1.